UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, and I used micron pens, they take a while to dry but so far they seem to work (though full disclosure, it's not great for the pens, I just happen to have a ton of them for inking)

You'll have to excuse the bathroom sink decor, but here's a little somebody I finally got around to modifying for my Avengers.

Classic Wasp!

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k487/gigantus/D474A56D-6797-4552-8D27-E2FC3840C1D4_zpsddysvm84.jpg

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k487/gigantus/A28BCCEA-998B-4C78-AA7D-72B405BD8EC1_zpsktmntp6g.jpg

Unfortunately I can't get the images to upload here, so hit the links!

Edited by Mystery Man

Does anyone know if the colours on Best Of 3 Hulk and Ultimate Hulk match? I've recently started reading my Ultimate comics again, and since I missed on wave 27, I'm currently trying to track down the older Ultimate mates. And since that Hulk is puny, I figured mixing him with BO Hulk would make a nice substitute.

Going strictly off memory, I don't think they match. Ultimates Hulk was a darker, glossier grey than the BO Grey Hulk.

Yep. Hope Summers, mutant messiah, lame Rogue rip off extraordinaire.

Decided she looked cooler stealing powers than just with her boring blaster.

So I gave her Pixie's wings, Colossus skin on her left hand with Logan claws, Psylocke's TK Knife on her right hand, and Nightcrawler's teleport.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think the short answer to that is that the characters have been largely irrelevant for over years, and it seems unlikely that any of them will be getting a resurgence in popularity any time soon (aside from possibly Jubilee). Of course that hasn't stopped us from getting characters before. I think the big thing preventing them from seeing 'mates is that none of them are really related to any characters outside themselves, and I just can't see retailers jumping behind a whole wave devoted to just them. I mean, Banshee's one of the most prominent characters from the series, and he's only just now getting a 'mate is wave 60.

For the record, those are some fantastic customs. Great job!

Edited by Glantern