UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought an “empty” Mark 42 would be a neat thing on my shelf, since ‘he’ was a ‘character’ of his own in Iron Man 3, but I wanted ‘him’ to clearly read as not just another display armor or Tony wearing the suit.

post-1897-0-72593000-1380701010_thumb.jp

So I used a piece of the blister card to make a little flight peg like mini-mini Tinkerbell/Silver Surfer use and glued his mask on it to represent the flying around the armor did the in the movie and replaced Tony’s face with a blank black piece (which I think makes it look more empty then a clear piece, which shows the neck peg, hair tube, and noticeable glare) I think it gives the illusion of a ‘living’ armor.

and then I was watching Agents of SHIELD and while not being super thrilled by the show, I thought “Melinda Maye would be a welcome addition to my shelf” since Ming Na Wen is awesome even if the storylines so far are kind of meh.

post-1897-0-06724300-1380701661_thumb.jp

this one was simple, Avengers Black Widow wearing an Extremis Soldier’s Vest (which should be more of a blue grey, but I’m not willing to paint it) with Chun-Li’s face (because she *IS* Chun-Li, I used the SFxT one because I like the MvC3 one better as Chun-Li, and this one’s check bones look more like Ming-Na) and X-23’s hair.

The Mark 42 mod is very innovative. I like that. Very clever.

Your custom of Melinda Maye is awful. Let me save you some further embarrassment by offering to take it off your hands. I won't even charge you. Just pack it up neatly and ship it to me.

(And now I wait to see if the good doctor falls for it!)

So I'm currently working on Phoenux Magik, but I'm upset that I can't find my second soulsword to color orange. I used Elektra"s loincloth, Black Queen's legs, Thor Reborns shinguards, 80's black jumpsuit Storm's arms, Lili's hair, and First Class Emma's face (might switch it if I can.

I don't like the yellow dots, so I'm gonna ignore them.

As for another custom, I plan on doing a semi original Yelena Black Widow II, using the costume from Marvel Heroes Arpg, with pieces from Avengers and TRU 17 Widows.

So I finished my Yelena custom

The inspiration

uRLQjnE.png

The results (ignore the SHIELD insignias lol). I used Avengers Widow, XMFC Emma's hair, Emil's Night Vision, Phoenix 5 Emma's face, Heavy Shield Agent knife holster, and some nice silver sharpie to make it all match)

IMG-20131015-00633_zpse3825917.jpgIMG-20131015-00631_zps55fa75d4.jpg

IMG-20131015-00632_zps0438d9d5.jpg

Edited by Zexion_Armando

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got my Black Cat mate and while it has its problems it's a nice placeholder until we get a better one. Anyway, the worst, for me, part was the hair, so i changed it with Aurora's white hair from the Alpha Flight box set. Here are the results (i also played with photoshop a bit and i quite liked the result):

10511757245_88119becc5_z.jpg

Edited by Kostisfire

Is that a chest decal?

my favorite pick up line

laugh.png

My whole recipe was BSG Athena hair, SFxT Chun Li head, Av Maria Hill body, IM2 Black Widow holster. I'm not 100% sure where I got the fingerless-gloved hands, though. sweat.gif

Nick Fury Jr. comes with those hands to make Steve Rogers.

I’m totes jelly of your Melinda May, it’s the versions I wanted to make before realizing I didn’t have a spare movie Maria Hill

added some detailing to the ironman armors! think it came out pretty good...

IMG_7098_zpsab4735d9.jpg

oooh i like the stark look of the suits...but on mark 42 if you use a razor to trim up alittle on the shoulders of the chest piece and that random little bar right above the ball socket on the arms and you can then use his original arms Edited by Lon