UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop the leg in boiling water to soften the plastic to separate at the knees without breaking anything (I'd broken a lot of knee pegs before I learned this).

That Shaw looks great. I threw a repainted AoA Sabretooth hairpiece (muttonchops and ponytail) on the movie version until we got something better.

Drop the leg in boiling water to soften the plastic to separate at the knees without breaking anything (I'd broken a lot of knee pegs before I learned this).

That Shaw looks great. I threw a repainted AoA Sabretooth hairpiece (muttonchops and ponytail) on the movie version until we got something better.

I'll look into AoA sabertooth to see. Sadly, none of the good hairstyles has the yellow bow thing he has too (except Wendy from Peter Pan lol)

Also, thanks for the boiling tip. I didn't even think of that, but its what I usually do to seperate stuck pieces too.

I've been thinking of making a Magik custom, using her recent Darkchylde appearance from Uncanny X-men

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_3_7_Textless.jpg

I was thinking of using Vorin's feet from the BB line. Azazel's tail, but not really sure what else in terms of armor... For the head, I guess using Loki's headpiece in some manner.

I've been thinking of making a Magik custom, using her recent Darkchylde appearance from Uncanny X-men

I was thinking of using Vorin's feet from the BB line. Azazel's tail, but not really sure what else in terms of armor... For the head, I guess using Loki's headpiece in some manner.

How about Lady Loki's hair?

How about Lady Loki's hair?

Yeah, it would work, except for the random gold pieces in her hair.

Surely they could either be painted over or modded somehow? Its got to be easier than trying to splice hair onto Loki's headdress.

Agreed

I was thinking of doing This version of DarkChylde

384273-13029-illyana-rasputin.jpg

Using a Seven of Nine as the base, remove the Star Trek insignia, Vorin's Feet, Azazel's Tail, and then I got stuck... I was debating taking a Disney Thor helmet and choping off of the "ears" and glueing on painted red Loki Horns. But that seemed too messy. Then I thought about Gluing Magik hair to a painted silver Loki Helmet and that didn't sound right either. Would love to hear what you come up with.

Yeah that's a tough one but I think either of your ideas looks possible. Flicking through the database I didn't find a simple idea. All I could come up with was Marvel Girl from the FA X-men set with the face cut out the mask and horns glued on confused.gif

These are not mine but I just HAD to share. This guy, dinosaursinf14s, has a great blog and I am so freaking jealous of his Power Pack. You should all take a look. It makes me wish I was a better painter/decal user. I would totally buy these in store. *** Note the multiverse wasn't letting me link the image correctly so I had to put the image on my photo bucket.

PowerPack_zps8ba8942a.jpg

Heh. "This guy." tongue.png

High 5! SInce they weren't posted here I sadly assumed the person wasn't a poster here. Well, now is as good a time as any to show my finished Franklin Richards. Sadly, the parts for Val haven't come in just yet.

2013-07-13170053_zpsc1737ec7.jpg

The reciepe was just a Mr. Fantastic (the first one) with a Flame on Torch Hair with a Peter Pan Tootle's legs and a Michael Darling face. HERBIE is from the FF Three Pack from Marvel Universe. I will update later with Val.

Edited by thereasonsy

So I just finished off Val and now have my complete Richards Family unit. c22f5a2e-a131-4cde-b44e-db9fe6b03dfa_zps

I tried an Alice hair piece on her to see if that would give her more of a feminine touch but that didn't work for me. For some reason the pink legs popped into my head. I am not 100% convinced but for now am happy.

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=431&n=Marty+McFly+in+Disguise

T.

Are there any good jackets to make Secret Wars punk Storm look like she's wear a good biker/leather jacket? I don't like how it looks on her as a tampo, so I was hoping to see if there were good alternatives.

I was thinking fig1386flg.jpg

But I was hoping to hear better alternatives.

"All hail Ivan" - http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=431&n=Marty+McFly+in+Disguise

Although not exactly the easiest figure to find.

T.