UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of these recipes were borrowed or derived from ones I saw here, so thanks for the inspiration and recipes men. Pretty simple stuff here, but If you want a recipe, ask, I'll do my best to recall it.

Training Cap/Steve Rodgers

cap_boxing.jpg

Henry Gyrich

henry_gyrich.jpg

Sprite (1st appearance Kitty Pryde)

sprite.jpg

Classic Power Man w/ new head:

cage.jpg

Classic Iron Fist

ironfist.jpg

Secret Wars Professor X (or pretty close to it)

professorX_sw.jpg

Bushmaster

bushmaster.jpg

Scott Summers in civies

scott_summers.jpg

Dr. Donald Blake

donaldblake.jpg

Charlie in a Blue Suit

professorX_blue.jpg

Iron Monger (pretty close to him anyway)

IM.jpg

1st Appearance James Rhodes Iron Man

rhodey.jpg

Heather Hudson

heather_hudson.jpg

Non-Phasing Vision

vision.jpg

Dr Moira Mactaggert

moira.jpg

FF She-Hulk

she-hulkFF.jpg

Updated Thunderbird

thunderbird.jpg

Morph

morph.jpg

Johnny Storm

johnny_storm.jpg

Neo-Classic Cyclops

cyclops.jpg

Quicksilver with a more appropriate, brooding head

quicksilver.jpg

Mohawk Storm with vest accessory

storm_mohawkR.jpg

Classic X-Force Warpath

warpath_xf.jpg

Dr Henry Pym (also a WCA Hawkeye)

pym.jpg

Updated Classic Reed/Sue

reed_sue.jpg

My take on Mimic (I just had extra First Class and other parts and wanted to use them)

mimic.jpg

Also, I recently got organized. Tired of bin digging for what I'm looking for...

sort.jpg

Anyone else organize their spare parts?

niiice!!! im really liking the civie-mates, particularly Henry, Scott, Donald, and Hank. Recipes??

And kudos to your parts bin! Wish I had that much spare parts to warrant separate storage. But your customs are great.

These look great sha_ckwave! I am jealous of the bin. Where did you get it? My current project is Firestar but I am still stuck on finding a skin tone paint for the chest.

2013-04-18124908_zps8decb33f.jpg

I also revised my Namorita with parts from a Tinkerbell.

2013-04-18124836_zpsf1a7387e.jpg

Thoughts on the paint?

I liked sha_ckwave's idea of modifying Quicksilver since the body can still blend in with modern 'mates but I couldn't stand the hair or face, so I swapped with Asteroid M Magneto:

Quicksilver_zps60373711.jpg

Not quite perfect, but think I can put him in my Avengers display now.

I liked sha_ckwave's idea of modifying Quicksilver since the body can still blend in with modern 'mates but I couldn't stand the hair or face, so I swapped with Asteroid M Magneto:

That is a nice quick custom! He looks much better. Now to head to ebay to find the pieces for it.

After modifying Quicksilver I looked through my old minimates to see if there were any others that could be improved with some new parts and decided Assualt Punisher might be salvageable:

Punisher_zpsa6c5b03b.jpg

I used Assault Punisher's head, arms, torso, and hands along with movie Sabretooth's coat, an Expendables belt, random weapons, and a black lower body. Not sure exactly where the hairpiece came from. Jigsaw I had been planning on putting together for a while, it's a Mr. Negative body with new hands and feet with a movie Jigsaw head and movie Punisher hair. Might change the hair on that one, not sure right now.

I use that hair and an Invaders Namor head. The Quicksilver had on that Namor has a kind of fun, silly Defenders vibe to it.

That looks way better than the one released, one suggestion,maybe try sticking a black or dark blue crotch piece on him?

i absolutely had to change Mystiques hair, at least until an updated version comes out, and i found 1st class Jean to be the best donor. replaced White Phoenix with Heather Hudsons and put Phoenixes on 1st class Jean. everybody looks better IMO.

CAM00063.jpg