UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs a red buzz cut really, but I can't think of one off the bat. Certainly added justification for a 2nd Reed/Phillip set than just a Flame Off Johnny. (like I needed more justification, but hey every little bit of salve for the conscious)

• 4 weeks later...

I combined the Giant Size X-Men Colossus and Wave 47 Colossus to make an updated Giant Size X-Men #1 Colossus. ,As nice as the Wave 47 version is, the proportions really bothered me. Here is the recipe:

- Head, Hair, Wristbands, Hands, Tunic, Waist riser - Wave 47

- Arms, Legs, Crotch, Chest, Boots, Belt - Giant Size Boxset

I trimmed the metal detail away from the Wave 47 tunic piece, and also removed the belt and glued the Giant Size belt to the tunic.

Colossus_zpsa299d83c.jpg

Excellent work youbastards, I will have to use parts of this formula myself.

Used my Bruce Banner parts from the Best of wave and borrowed the torso and legs from the wave 1 version.

Worked out perfectly as it keeps my Hulk intact!

post-7370-0-22104600-1361683319_thumb.jp

Edited by kaipo

Here's an alt. version of Amara (Magma) from the New Mutants.

I'm sure many people have put something like this together, but here's my version since there was never a minimate of Amara powered down.

k185q8.jpg

FC Emma Frost hair, New Mutants Karma body, New Mutants Magma arm, AvX Hope Head.

Edited by TonezBalonez

Mkay, so I gotta ask this. Been meaning to for years. How do you guys and gals fix knees on minimates that're. . . .How do I put this, loose? Like, they rock back and forth too easily, no stiffness. Sometimes makes them hard to keep a pose because the knee bends back realy easily.

Mkay, so I gotta ask this. Been meaning to for years. How do you guys and gals fix knees on minimates that're. . . .How do I put this, loose? Like, they rock back and forth too easily, no stiffness. Sometimes makes them hard to keep a pose because the knee bends back realy easily.

Somebody might have a better idea but in the past I've just watered down some Elmers glue, brushed it into the joint and moved it back and forth a bit until it dried. Tightens up the joint without permeantly fusing it, dries clear and no white plastic/chemical reaction like Superglue often causes. The downside is that you can not move the knee too much or the glue flakes off. I don't mind that since I am usually just trying to get them to stay upright in a pose on my shelf.

Somebody might have a better idea but in the past I've just watered down some Elmers glue, brushed it into the joint and moved it back and forth a bit until it dried. Tightens up the joint without permeantly fusing it, dries clear and no white plastic/chemical reaction like Superglue often causes. The downside is that you can not move the knee too much or the glue flakes off. I don't mind that since I am usually just trying to get them to stay upright in a pose on my shelf.

That's pretty hepful, thank you for this. If there are other tricks for this, I'd also love to hear them. I use clear nail polish on balljoints to help them when they're loose, but the knee joints have always troubled me.

I just finished a nice Savage Surfer QC using my extra wave 15 Surfer and the TRU Vorin pack.

Surfer: Complete

Vorin's right gauntlet, chest armor, and belt.

Scorpus' Mace

For the left hand I plugged the arm into the hole on the bottom of the surf board/shield.

I'd post the picture but with photobucket's latest crapdate I've got to try and find another place where I can upload my photos that'll work with my archaic system.

Here's an alt. version of Amara (Magma) from the New Mutants.

I'm sure many people have put something like this together, but here's my version since there was never a minimate of Amara powered down.

k185q8.jpg

FC Emma Frost hair, New Mutants Karma body, New Mutants Magma arm, AvX Hope Head.

Thanks for the inspiration. I haven't gotten around to doing a powered down version yet but I'll be doing this tomorrow thanks in part to the current TRU BOGO 40% off sale on Marvel Minimates. thumbsup.gif