UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about 90s Rogue jacket arms? And for face maybe transformation venom? You could flip between normal and "sinister" versions

Well, Rogue's jacket arms are short sleeved.

Morph in the cartoon had a long sleeve jacket on like Cyclops would sometimes wear.

As for the head...I want one that is kind of comical or arrogant since Morph was a jokester before his brainwashing.

This is the jacket I mentioned using...

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1261&n=Civil+War+Captain+America

I worry about removing the 'A' on the arm due to it looking like the arms are painted. If they were molded in that brown color I'd be fine. Would maybe just a diluted nail polish work maybe?

I meant to use the bicep half since it has the X.

Ah. Well, from watching the episodes he appears in again, it seems his X symbol is on the front of his jacket, not his arm. I bought some tampo paper and stuff recently to try and maybe make that actually. Just need to test run things before I do anything first. >_>

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to use the bicep half since it has the X.

Ah. Well, from watching the episodes he appears in again, it seems his X symbol is on the front of his jacket, not his arm. I bought some tampo paper and stuff recently to try and maybe make that actually. Just need to test run things before I do anything first. >_>

Yeah but from a shelf you can't see that. I like it! I did a few updates to a few mates including my Nita

Edited by thereasonsy

I combined the Giant Size X-Men Colossus and Wave 47 Colossus to make an updated Giant Size X-Men #1 Colossus. ,As nice as the Wave 47 version is, the proportions really bothered me. Here is the recipe:

- Head, Hair, Wristbands, Hands, Tunic, Waist riser - Wave 47

- Arms, Legs, Crotch, Chest, Boots, Belt - Giant Size Boxset

I trimmed the metal detail away from the Wave 47 tunic piece, and also removed the belt and glued the Giant Size belt to the tunic.

Colossus_zpsa299d83c.jpg

Edited by youbastards

20121230_154035_zps67144dff-1_zpse5adaaeb.jpg

Beefed up Ol' Mac Venom.

Nice work on the gargan venom. Did you modify the the upper arm pieces? Looks like you left the chest piece alone (not modding the shoulder part).

20121230_154035_zps67144dff-1_zpse5adaaeb.jpg

Beefed up Ol' Mac Venom.

I combined the Giant Size X-Men Colossus and Wave 47 Colossus to make an updated Giant Size X-Men #1 Colossus. ,As nice as the Wave 47 version is, the proportions really bothered me. Here is the recipe:

- Head, Hair, Wristbands, Hands, Tunic, Waist riser - Wave 47

- Arms, Legs, Crotch, Chest, Boots, Belt - Giant Size Boxset

I trimmed the metal detail away from the Wave 47 tunic piece, and also removed the belt and glued the Giant Size belt to the tunic.

Colossus_zpsa299d83c.jpg

WOW. These both look really good guys. Well done.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Ms. Marvel is using the AVX Emma Frost hair piece.

Silver Sable is a Vindicator head, TRU Storm hairpiece, Shatterstar gloves, curse of the mutants Blade belt, X-Force box set guns, ans used a FA Deadpool leg belt thingy for the.... leg belt thingy. Everything else is Silver Sable.

Edited by bigvis497