UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they are releasing a Jack Russell Werewolf By Night minimate, I started to wonder what a Tomb of Dracula minimate would look like? Hence, I decided to make a modification of one.

Also, I made some Brides of Dracula (be warned, it is a pain to find hairstyles that will fit with the dresses).

Those brides remind me also of manos: hands of fate. Always thought samheims robe would be a perfect 'master'. (:

Wow...Manos reference

One of the best MST3K episodes

especially with the creepy helper guy delivering pizzas to the Satellite of Love

It's not a separate piece is what Ten was saying. The blast and mask are all one piece. AvX Cyke comes with two masks- one with blast and one without. So it'll only work when you can use the entire mask.

Edited by Turtle

Sorry low picture quality quick pics from crappy cell, Ill take better ones in a bit.

First I just changed Ms.Marvels hair, Mostly i found her hair she came with was cartoony and a little yellow for blond for my liking. I was gonna exchange her face with X-23 Mask face that came extra. Ill take a photo of it to show what it looks like.

IMG2671.jpg

The second I couldn't handle getting the first kitty minimate look more like a cartoon kid, But i liked the idea of her having the phase parts on her. So I looked at the original Kitty and she was good just her face was kinda to happy for me lol. So i gave her Sue storms face arms and legs to give her the phase effect. So with the Sue storm minimate i manged to change to minimates to how I like it.

IMG265.jpg

Well this is my first post, although I have been around the cybersphere for years and instagraming the heck out of my mates. Anyway, I thought I would post a few quick modifications that I haven't seen on the thread yet. First one I ever did was Cloak & Dagger. Just took Mr. Negative and added the Cloak from the original. Dagger stole Moonstone Ms. Marvel's hair. It was a fair fight.Das Flicker

Edited by thereasonsy

Well this is my first post, although I have been around the cybersphere for years and instagraming the heck out of my mates. Anyway, I thought I would post a few quick modifications that I haven't seen on the thread yet. First one I ever did was Cloak & Dagger. Just took Mr. Negative and added the Cloak from the original. Dagger stole Moonstone Ms. Marvel's hair. It was a fair fight.Das Flicker

Great stuff! Recipe for crystal?

Great stuff! Recipe for crystal?

So glad you enjoyed it. The pride and joy of my minimate collection - Crystal was made by taking a Nova (Heralds set) for the base, Ultimate X-Men Jean for the face, Movie Jean for the hair (add in some sharpie for her headpiece and her belt) The boots and gloves were from a TRU Calico Jack

Edited by thereasonsy

Thereasonsy, is there a reason why Johnnie Storm has boobs? :P

I was about to say... Someone's hormones are outta whack. :teehee:

Yes - he is a boob for breaking up with Crystal, not once but twice. Never liked that JB story twist and now I feel vindicated. Yes, I'm that evil.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, Marvel Minimate customizers...

So I've been working on a 90s X-Men cartoon Morph minimate. I wish I had a second 90s Cyclops for the legs, but otherwise I'm using that Wolverine body where all the X-Men briefly wore blue/yellow again in the 90s and the TRU Civil War Captain America jacket. Just wondering...

Anyone got a good idea for his face? I think I'm going to use Iron Man 2's Race car Tony Stark hair.

Also, is the Avengers "A" on the CW Cap's arm removeable without removing the paint?

Well, i sometimes steal my moms nailpolish remover to remove the top layer of paint, but you have to make sure to use the weakest remover, cause you might remove too much when its too strong

When I have to remove excess details from a tampo face, I lightly scrape at it with an x-acto blade. I'd try it on a junk figure first though.

I made my Morph the same way- I used the Wolverine origins jacket. Not sure on the face- either a happy or terrified look (just before he was done in by the Sentinels). :)