UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came up with this Warpath not too long ago.

warpath012.jpg

I always wondered how the black Warpath would pair up with Thunderbird...

warpath013.jpg

warpath005.jpg

I have to admit that I think it turned out pretty well.

warpath009.jpg

warpath007.jpg

I kinda think that T-Bird's torso is a bit basic, and wish it had a bit more detail to it. But I must say that his hair piece was an unexpected surprise. I guess it didn't look as cool in the pics I had seen as it does in person.

Since they are releasing a Jack Russell Werewolf By Night minimate, I started to wonder what a Tomb of Dracula minimate would look like? Hence, I decided to make a modification of one.

Also, I made some Brides of Dracula (be warned, it is a pain to find hairstyles that will fit with the dresses).

post-2109-0-22148300-1351404817_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-33516300-1351408367_thumb.jp

Edited by mtd20_2000

• 2 weeks later...

Put together this revoltin' development last night! New Trench coat disguise Thing!

2010-11-08140107.jpg

I like the "Best of" face the best and I always felt the hat this figure had was too big. Legs from the new "Smart Hulk" and best of all? The hands on this figure fit INSIDE the coat cuffs... so when the new Thing comes out in a few months, I'll be able to switch the hands out no sweat! :D

Edited by Mystery Man

The hair looks high up because that's a Peter Parker from the Spider-Man 3 movie. Any hair looks high up on that face, but I really like how he's grinning from giving poor Ben a hot foot.

The gun came with a GI JOE 3 3/4 action figure I had as a kid.

I like how nobody likes the job I did on the Thing. <_<

I think Thing looks great. When I saw the pic earlier today, I could tell that it was different than mine, but couldn't figure out how (including the obvious pants part). What exactly did you do to the hands?

Thank you!

I get bummed feeling when I share stuff and nobody comments on it. I'm prolly too touchy, though.

For the hands:

- I sanded down the wrists on the hands so they'd be "smaller" and fit inside the cuffs. Now they're just the smooth white plastic underneath.

- I cut the hands off the variant wrists, used a drill to "hollow" out the existing peg and other plastic material.

- Then I heated them in boiling water and slide them down a drill bit that was bigger than the circumference out. Left 'em for about twenty minutes like that.

- Heated them again along with the hands so that they'd all be squishy and soft and just fit the hands into the cuffs.

- Lastly, put a little lotion on the arm holes so that they'll move smoothly with the hands on 'em.

- And because the hands are super tightly stuck in the cuffs, I can always hot-water-heat them later and take 'em out and replace them with the new Thing hands that're coming soon!

For the hat:

- Just cut off the hair from the Howard Stark minimate hat/hairpiece. I've got several "Best of" Thing's, so I glued it on to make sure it'd stay.

Edited by Mystery Man

A lot of work went into those hands. They look great, but I, being a lazy bum and all, will be satisfied with mine as is. Great job. The hat and the hands both blend in seamlessly to the figure- hard to tell any work was done at all, which, to me, is always a sign of a custom job done well.

Wow, thanks a lot! That really means a bunch to me. :)

The Thing is tied for my favorite Marvel character and I really hate how we keep almost getting a perfect version. The "Best Of" would have been spectacular if they'd only given us those rassa-frassa new hands!

If this new Thing coming out suffers again, I may have a heart attack.

It took probably 45 minutes total, as I was also fixing macaroni and cheese at the same time. :whistling:

Just another Havok head swap suggestion:

havok01.png

I used Peter Parker from the Amazing Spider-man wave. He doesn't have blue eyes, but at least they're just black instead of being brown or green. I also liked how his face matched up with the mask and that his expression was similar to his big brother's

summersbros01.png

Edited by nate_studio

Since they are releasing a Jack Russell Werewolf By Night minimate, I started to wonder what a Tomb of Dracula minimate would look like? Hence, I decided to make a modification of one.

Also, I made some Brides of Dracula (be warned, it is a pain to find hairstyles that will fit with the dresses).

Those brides remind me also of manos: hands of fate. Always thought samheims robe would be a perfect 'master'. (:

Edited by Jeff