UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

Echo's head is a first release Chun Li head (from Street Fighter/Darkstalkers). Don't quite remember whose hairpiece, though.

There's really no cheap way to build an armory, lol. That right there is three C3 Batcaves, an Iron Man 2 Mega Bloks set, and a few C3 Chemical Warehouses/Darkseid Thrones. I lucked out on spending no more than retail per set, but still... I didn't buy them all at once, either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it Ben is the torso from the original Ben Reilly/Spider Carnage and the rest is from Spider-Girl? What about his face and hair?

I ask because I'm keen to make my own version :D

So anyone looking to add a little height to Sasquatch or any other of the large mates? Check this out.

First I used a second torso extender. Then I used an extra set of wrist bands as spacers and dropped them into Sassys feet.

I had to wedge some paper between the "boot" and the back if the leg to tighten it up but it worked really well. Check it out

post-679-0-38139600-1350696031_thumb.jpg

post-679-0-60957200-1350696086_thumb.jpg

i'm pretty sure i've seen other people do this before, but i decided i didn't care for Sunspot's yellow glow look and i went ahead and just painted every part - except for his head - black. he's pretty plain looking, but this was how he looked in the old comics

DSC02672.jpg

Newmutants10383.jpg

I just added more dots to him towards the center of the front of his parts. So the edges & back are still translucent. It looks nice. Well, on the torso, arms & head. Haven't gotten around to the legs yet. Lazy/busy. Plus, he fell of the shelf, and I lost a hand. <_<

New Ultimate Cap's hairpiece looks great on Longshot for a more modern (X-Factor) look.

I just added more dots to him towards the center of the front of his parts. So the edges & back are still translucent. It looks nice. Well, on the torso, arms & head. Haven't gotten around to the legs yet. Lazy/busy. Plus, he fell of the shelf, and I lost a hand. dry.gif

I'm hoping you mean "from the figure"! :ohmy:

funny that the last 2 posts were about Colossus and the boot swap, because i got my set today and gave him the GSXM boots and hair...

524957_167353370069458_129552454_n.jpg

they actually make him look even tall because you don't have to push him all the way into them. he's towering over my other X-Men.

the GSXM boots are just a smidge more brightly red than the red on the new Colossus. I got mine in the mail today and immediately gave him the old boots, putting a little sticky tack in the boots to raise him so he'd be taller.

You know how picky I am about colors, right, dj? Well, this is one set I won't be sending you to correct with your mad paint skills. :thumbsup: