UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

Hey guys,

I have a extra AoA Sabretooth, so i want to make a AoA Wildchild, but can you guys help me with the face and arms?

I don't know what arms match the color of Sabretooths body?

And what face would be best for WC?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I have a extra AoA Sabretooth, so i want to make a AoA Wildchild, but can you guys help me with the face and arms?

Hawkeye's Junk made this one... send him a PM to ask his recipe.

Hey guys,

Hawkeye's Junk made this one... send him a PM to ask his recipe.

Thanks man :)

I see he uses a wave 28 sabretooth face, only the arms are a puzzle, so ill pm him this week ;)

if those arms are factory paint my guess would be they are off of a chekov fig, the yellow of the body and arms are close but not spot on.

I wish it was, but the arms are yellow and Sabre's body is more orange

Hey guys, I've been fooling around with the New Mutants and was wondering if there are any good recipes for Skids, Rusty and Cypher. Thanks!

For Cypher, an extra Cannonball or Sunspot body,an innocent,pleasant face and the Cypher hair. Rusty- I used an extra Marty Mcfly torso arms from Red Tornado,Terminator pants(tan), hair piece from Champions Angel. face was random. Haven't made Skids yet.

So, I guess great mind think alike, no?

I bought an Iron Spidey minimate awhile ago and hated how his awesome waldoes were not an accessory. So I took a backpack off of the MU one and it wasn't until I joined here that I realized that a member on here, youbastards I think, did something similar. Only thing is I didn't trim the sides, but just put it sideways and I used quakehold museum putty to hold it in place, it does the job.

7DE587B9-F39C-4422-B1F7-D41E8C2E1058-15077-00000BEE3A91120F.jpg

4BB98C1A-15D4-4CA3-ADFB-D4B4FE859220-15077-00000BEE41F9CAFE.jpg

Edited by Scythe

Glued the backpack onto the back after sanding & scoring it to make sure the glue would really bond to the plastic. The legs just pop in.

My armory's getting full, lol. I'm gonna need another Batcave to expand if DST keeps releasing Iron Men. I think I have 2 or 3 empty spots left.

Most are stock, but some have subtle changes. That Hulkbuster Extremis head keeps moving to bodies I like it better on, lol.

I'd take a pic, but the floors in front of the armors are getting crowded, as it's my "Avengers display".

I try to have some semblance of order. All three Stealth suits are next to each other, followed by the Mighty suit, so I've got some nice color-coordinating there. Iron Patriot & my custom Cap armor are next to each other. I try to have "Mark order".

Here's the last pic I took after adding the new wing (another Batcave & an Iron Man 2 Mega Bloks set):

DSC05884.jpg

You can tell by the most recently released figure in that pic how old it is, lol.

If I can find a better Batcave instead of the C3 one (maybe Lego's? It's expensive, though...more than what I paid per C3 Batcave), then I'd sacrifice that to add to the Armory/Mansion.

Made some new kitbashed mates after finally getting the MvsC3 Thor.

Thor2.jpg

Classic Thor -

Head & Arms: Disney Avengers Boxset Thor

Chest & Legs: Thor SDCC Boxset Thor

Belt: TRU First Appearance Thor

Helmet & Cape: Marvel VS Capcom 3 Thor

Thor1.jpg

The helmet and cape are a significant improvement over the previous capes; Thor's helmet now fits and his head can be moved around now. :D

And in honor of Avengers coming out on home video today:

Thor3.jpg

"YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?!"

---

RedSkull1.jpg

Red Skull -

Head & Body: Villains Boxset Red Sjull

Gloves & Boots: Silver Age X-Men Boxset Cyclops

Holster: Movie Captain America

Gun: Movie Red Skull

Armband: TRU Classic Iron Man

I added the boots and gloves to create a contrast to Captain America's own. I really need to get a new Red Skull head since this one was damaged in storage. :(

I'm not sure if its accurate or not. I based this more off my custom Marvel Universe Red Skull, which used a movie Comic Variant Hydra soldier body and a movie Red Skull head.

I just think the colors and pieces make him a perfect counterpart to Cap and now he stand out much more in my display.

And I'll keep you in mind about the Red Skull head piece. ;)

Glued the backpack onto the back after sanding & scoring it to make sure the glue would really bond to the plastic. The legs just pop in.

My armory's getting full, lol. I'm gonna need another Batcave to expand if DST keeps releasing Iron Men. I think I have 2 or 3 empty spots left.

Most are stock, but some have subtle changes. That Hulkbuster Extremis head keeps moving to bodies I like it better on, lol.

I'd take a pic, but the floors in front of the armors are getting crowded, as it's my "Avengers display".

I try to have some semblance of order. All three Stealth suits are next to each other, followed by the Mighty suit, so I've got some nice color-coordinating there. Iron Patriot & my custom Cap armor are next to each other. I try to have "Mark order".

Here's the last pic I took after adding the new wing (another Batcave & an Iron Man 2 Mega Bloks set):

DSC05884.jpg

You can tell by the most recently released figure in that pic how old it is, lol.

If I can find a better Batcave instead of the C3 one (maybe Lego's? It's expensive, though...more than what I paid per C3 Batcave), then I'd sacrifice that to add to the Armory/Mansion.

Awesome :D

Which head did you use for Echo?

And what is the cheapest way to build an armory?

So how did you guys get those things on the Minimate figure? Did you glue it? And you said it came from the Marvel Universe figure?

Yeah, the 3.75" Marvel Universe Iron Spider-Man. The regular single carded one, not the translucent variant that has brighter waldoes. I just took an Exacto-knife to the backpack, it came off pretty easily. Made sure quakehold museum putty in my hand till it was warm and spread it all around the bottom of the backpack. Now it can come off and on whenever and the Minimate's paint job is still intact.