UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd probably look better with the variant Vision's cape since that one is solid.

But there's no way I'm paying $10+ for a cape so this'll due. :lol:

I have. Several times over so my girlfriend and I could both have non-phasing Visions. It's worth it, I promisey promise! ;)

I like the looks of that modified Loki... and it really bugged me that Mole Man and 1st App. Doom have two different colored greens as well.

and it really bugged me that Mole Man and 1st App. Doom have two different colored greens as well.

Ut's a bit annoying from the point of view of a customizer. . . but as a collector, i think it's nice that they went to the trouble of changing colours. It seems a bit less cheap and helps to make Doom & Moley stand apart a bit more on the shelf.

Still . . . i understand where you are coming from.

Got my Vision in today and didn't care for the fading legs and arms. So I used Loki's arms and legs and they match pretty well aside from the fact that Vision's chest has a slightly brighter color.

I gave Loki the leftover FA Doom and Loki Reborn parts. Too bad the cowl isn't yellow but it'll due. :lol:

Add the solid cape from Vision 2.0 to that Vision mod. I did, and it makes a world of difference. Diggin' that Loki!

Sgt.Rock would be an alternative.

As soon as I got Sgt Rock I popped off his head and stuck Nick Fury's head on him. Instant Sgt. Fury. Eye Patch Wolvie works well for that too.

QUOTE (Binaryan @ Oct 14 2010, 01:40 PM)

I think they missed the mark in capturing the character's personalities in their faces. Rahne looks a bit too made up and sultry. 'Berto looks too deadpan. He should have a charming grin that portrays his flirty nature. Sam also has a very stern look that's not 100% accurate to how he was portrayed.

A really good set that could have been amazing with a little more personality in each face.

I agree Sam should have an awkward unsure expression. Rhane is a little to pretty. 'Berto is the biggest let down of the set. The hair is all wrong. He looks better without it. I tried putting the black hair on him and it blacks out his whole face. Karma is pretty much dead on. Im still glad we got them though.

Here's a quick fix on the Rahne Sinclair face. Just re-color the eyes of a Cally Tyrol minimate and voila! A more innocent / less sultry looking Rahne Sinclair.

th_wolfsbane.jpg

93px-Wolfsbane_001.gif

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a quick fix on the Rahne Sinclair face. Just re-color the eyes of a Cally Tyrol minimate and voila! A more innocent / less sultry looking Rahne Sinclair.

th_wolfsbane.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration, MINI-MYTE. I tried the same trick with a Nurse Chapel face. Worked pretty well, IMO.

rahne1.jpg

My most recent mods came as a result of scoring a couple of extra hairpieces from Starfire! This is a GREAT hairpiece and I'm truly surprised it hasn't been reused by DST.

I've added it as is to Phoenix from the Secret Invasion set. This was a very nice figure but I wasn't thrilled with the hairpiece or the color selection. Let's be honest, with great cosmic power comes great big cosmic hair! I think this is an easy improvement and more comic accurate.

I also gave this a quick dose of gamma radiation to spice up my She-Hulk figure... another solid 'Mate whose hairpiece and color wasn't quite cutting it IMHO.

phoenix.jpgshe-hulk.jpg

here are a few modifications I've made

Doom's boots copied from SouthFLGuy... Loki update (with Lady Loki waist piece and a little paint update) influenced by Brad Redfield's version on the previous page... Domino got more weapons and a more contemporary hairpiece (repainted Rachel Grey, copied from TENIME's custom)... gave Spider-Woman TrU Namor's 'wing' pieces, and a quick repaint.

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

I've been trying to put together a Toro minimate but just can't seem to find the right head. I'm talkin' about the Golden Age partner to the original Human Torch.

I'm fine with re-using the Torch's body from the Invaders set but don't want to re-use the same head. Also, the new FF Torch doesn't seem to fit either. Does anybody have any ideas?

I had this one in my head from the first day I saw those minimate MAX figures. Say hello to Monstro.

"Who? What?" You say. It's cool, he's fairly unknown. This guy first appeared in Amazing Fantasy 15 (vol 2) as a superpowered firefighter hiding out after he accidentally killed his family. He's super strong, super durable, and super haunted by his past. He's classic Marvel.

Anyway, all I did was take the head from a Wonder Man figure and the hair from an unused Cable figure and presto! Passable Monstro.

If you wanted to get really fancy, you could repaint a Venkman hairpiece to give a more accurate hairline. For me though, this totally works.

I hopes ya digs.

post-2762-1289772640_thumb.jpg