UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I heard about your conversion for Power Man elhonez , I wanted to emulate your modification, but I did not have double's of the first appearance X-Men.

However, the other day I found a clearance rack with a DC Direct Shazam! for $2.44. I picked it up so I could use the yellow boots for my Power Man.

Unfortunately, the brown belt on my wave 3 Logan was too visible (and drove me nuts) so I am deliberating on just going with the yellow boots on my Power Man (though probably not because you can still slightly see some of the yellow paint from his original boots).

I wondered if the legs from a wave 8 Susan Richards would work, and it did perfectly, without showing any of the black from her boots, however since it was wave 8, I couldn't use the legs because of the V torso system (the early waves had a O torso system).

I finally got the last piece for my H4H -- hopefully I can post pics this weekend (Misty looks great and is easy; Colleen's a stretch but still cool). As for Power Man, I only used Logan's legs, not his pelvis, as the blue matched perfectly.

So i have Stretch attack Mr Fantastic/WWH and Klaw Mohawk Storm and Iron man Mark IV armor/ Whiplash extras so i was going to put them on ebay or trade them, but do you know of any parts on these that i could use for something else...i was thinking of using storms mohawk, repainting it for another daken...IDK any suggestions?

So i have Stretch attack Mr Fantastic/WWH and Klaw Mohawk Storm and Iron man Mark IV armor/ Whiplash extras so i was going to put them on ebay or trade them, but do you know of any parts on these that i could use for something else...i was thinking of using storms mohawk, repainting it for another daken...IDK any suggestions?

You could use Whiplash arms for a Constrictor custom or even a Blacklash custom. Storm's mohawk may be too bushy for a Gladiator custom but it could work. WWHulk's armor could be used to create medieval warriors.

You could use Whiplash arms for a Constrictor custom or even a Blacklash custom. Storm's mohawk may be too bushy for a Gladiator custom but it could work. WWHulk's armor could be used to create medieval warriors.

Yeah those are great ideas! Thanks!

So i have Stretch attack Mr Fantastic/WWH ... do you know of any parts on these that i could use for something else... any suggestions?

I've been thinking about getting myself a 2nd SA Reed to make an AoA Morph Custom. If you end up buying the AoA box-sets, a stretchy Morph would fit right in :thumbsup:

So i have Stretch attack Mr Fantastic/WWH ... do you know of any parts on these that i could use for something else... any suggestions?

I've been thinking about getting myself a 2nd SA Reed to make an AoA Morph Custom. If you end up buying the AoA box-sets, a stretchy Morph would fit right in :thumbsup:

yeah i plan on it...not familiar with AoA though eventhough i am a huge comic collector. Was he a big part of the storyline? I am just foraying into customizing..

I dont think he was so much a big part of the story as he was a fan favorite comic version of the character from the cartoon. It has been a while since I read it though. There are certainly more important characters than Morph, like X-Man and Blink but a lot of the visually cooler characters like Sugarman and Holocaust might be a little tough to do as Minimates. Although Hulk Buster Iron Man is a game changer. If they could pull him off I see no reason we cant get a Holocaust. I think Sabretooth/Wildchild is a no brainer as a 2-pack

yeah i plan on it...not familiar with AoA though eventhough i am a huge comic collector. Was he a big part of the storyline? I am just foraying into customizing..

He was a part of Magneto's core team in the Astonishing X-Men (Uncanny in 616 continuity). It was only a 4-issue arc, but since it took the place of what was (at the time) the highest selling X-Book, i'd probabaly say he was a reasonably big part of the story. He certainly got plenty of face time in each issue. And he proved popular enough to be brought back (in some form - not sure it was the 295 version) for eXiles.

post-2737-1280185534_thumb.jpg

you could use whiplash`s body for a smaville metallo(I was just scrolling thru the 'net when I found a pic of all his villans and I`m not sure thats what he looks like)

Thanks. There's something very satisfying with making my own Morph like that. And mob thug is salvageable with some Avengers Box Set Tony arms too.

mob.jpg

Now I wonder if the Mob Thug jacket would work as well on Jim Lee Cyke...

You'd have to remove his chest belts, might still work though. I recommend picking up a mob Thug on Ebay if you can, he's great for his jacket and beanie.

Now I wonder if the Mob Thug jacket would work as well on Jim Lee Cyke...

Rogue's looks pretty great on him, if you cut off the hip belts (don't even need to paint the arms, Cyc's glove pieces and Rogue's rolled sleeves can be placed in such a way to hide all the green), Cyc's torso belts can either be smooshed into the jacket allowing the option of unjacketed display later on, although you'd need to cut-and-glue if you want the torso-belt to sit *EXACTLY* like it does without the coat.

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody hates how DST seems to be making all their Wolverines bigger with those uneccessary belts and crotch pieces, here's a trick for simplifying one of his latest incarnations.

Replace this year's SDCC Wolverine's crotch and belt with (if ya have one) last year's SDCC Dakken's croth. Now you have brown Speedo's (insert dirty comment here) with a painted on belt and an all around better proportioned Wolverine.

I'm looking for a lower body matching the green shirt Multiple Man has. Any ideas?

Norman osbourne's green outfit is similar I think

Good call! It definately comes close although the difference is fairly noticeable. Makes me think there are no leg and crotch pieces with that shade of green...

I'm looking for a lower body matching the green shirt Multiple Man has. Any ideas?

Norman osbourne's green outfit is similar I think

Good call! It definately comes close although the difference is fairly noticeable. Makes me think there are no leg and crotch pieces with that shade of green...

Hydra agent maybe?

I'd try movie abomination. I can't find my multiple man mate right now, but it seems like a close match from what I can remember.

Sgt. Rock, Mandarin, Ult Green Goblin, Lady Loki, the Platoon Mates, 2" Gorn, Vina. I don't think any of them will be a perfect match, but that's most of the mates with green lower halfs that come even close to MM's green shirt.

BS