UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

ahhh... if i change anything, the original unaltered parts are kept, stored away in little bags... in case of... 'emergency'

I keep all the parts too, but just loose in one container with all my other unused hairpieces, accessories, etc. If I ever need to sell up, undoing all my part swaps is going to be the least fun jigsaw puzzle ever! :wacko: Thank god for the Database...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of board member’s who prefer the DST Invader’s box set Captain America the best.

However, since I am a sucker for slip on masks, I have always preferred the DST Heroes box set Captain America. Some board members were frustrated with this slip on mask, because it was difficult to slip the mask on Captain Americas head.

Other board members were likewise frustrated with the TRU wave 6 Captain America slip on mask, because the eyeholes came too far down on the mates head. Thus preventing collector’s from seeing his eyes properly through the eye holes.

What I did to rectify this matter was replace the head of a DST Heroes box set Captain America with a TRU wave 6 Captain America. Then I used the slip on mask from a DST Heroes box set Captain America. The slip on mask can now easily be put on and removed, as well as, cover the entire mate’s head, not to mention one can now see his eyes through the eye holes.

post-2109-1275342271.jpg

Edited by mtd20_2000

I know a lot of board member’s who prefer the DST Invader’s box set Captain America the best.

However, since I am a sucker for slip on masks, I have always preferred the DST Heroes box set Captain America. Some board members were frustrated with this slip on mask, because it was difficult to slip the mask on Captain Americas head.

Other board members were likewise frustrated with the TRU wave 6 Captain America slip on mask, because the eyeholes came too far down on the mates head. Thus preventing collector’s from seeing his eyes properly through the eye holes.

What I did to rectify this matter was replace the head of a DST Heroes box set Captain America with a TRU wave 6 Captain America. Then I used the slip on mask from a DST Heroes box set Captain America. The slip on mask can now easily be put on and removed, as well as, cover the entire mate’s head, not to mention one can now see his eyes through the eye holes.

I did something similar to this as well, only I don't use the add on belt so I can get a more Kirby feel. The head I use is the Cap that came with Nick Fury. Other than that, I leave it be. Like this, my favorite is the Cap from the Heroes boxed set. I really like the color blue that the Invaders one has, but I don't dig the slip on mask so much.

And elhonez, I was curious if you had a picture of your Power Man with yellow boots?

I don't; have one yet -- I've been waiting to post one when I finish the rest of my H4H customs. If I have time on Friday maybe I can snap a quick pic of just Luke though.

And elhonez, I was curious if you had a picture of your Power Man with yellow boots?

I don't; have one yet -- I've been waiting to post one when I finish the rest of my H4H customs. If I have time on Friday maybe I can snap a quick pic of just Luke though.

When I heard about your conversion for Power Man elhonez , I wanted to emulate your modification, but I did not have double's of the first appearance X-Men.

However, the other day I found a clearance rack with a DC Direct Shazam! for $2.44. I picked it up so I could use the yellow boots for my Power Man.

Unfortunately, the brown belt on my wave 3 Logan was too visible (and drove me nuts) so I am deliberating on just going with the yellow boots on my Power Man (though probably not because you can still slightly see some of the yellow paint from his original boots).

I wondered if the legs from a wave 8 Susan Richards would work, and it did perfectly, without showing any of the black from her boots, however since it was wave 8, I couldn't use the legs because of the V torso system (the early waves had a O torso system).

Meanwhile, I thought I'd post a picture of a few quick and dirty modifications I was working on.

Winter Soldier:

I used the mid section, legs, weaponry, and boots from a wave 25 Captain America and a wave 27 Nick Fury body and left arm, with a wave 7 Silver Surfer right arm, and TRU wave 6 stretch attack Mr. Fantastic right black hand, along with a DST Invaders box set Bucky head and a wave 30 Ultimate Spider-woman hairpiece.

Nick Fury:

If you have an extra TRU wave 6 stretch attack Mr. Fantastic the hairpiece is a definite upgrade for a wave 12 Nick Fury over his original hairpiece.

(On a side note I feel the wave 12 Nick Fury is in need of a definite re-do).

post-2109-1275692104.jpg

post-2109-1275717870.jpg

Edited by mtd20_2000

• 4 weeks later...

heres an easy one. the lack of paint tampos on the limbs on the new Iron Man Silver Centurion armor was kind of bumming me out I had a loose Silver surfer in my parts box and so...

I've always hated that the classic Vision was phasing, so we never had a good solid version of the character. With the Hydra soliders arms and legs and a yellow crotch (still can't remember who it's from), it looks fantastic! All the pale yellow's match up and it's really great. It's killing me that I can't remember which crotch piece it was, though.

I've gone through my collection trying to remember who's crotch piece this is. It's not Electro, Loki, Marvel Girl, or an AIM agent. The color is much more subdued. Anyway, it exists and I'll keep wracking my brain until I can remember it.

Here's a picture:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3348...amp;id=70302941

Is it from one of the classic X Men? Radioactive Man and Goliath are the only others I can think of, but they seem too bright.

BS

I've gotten really hooked on this part swapping biz I picked up a 1st appearance marvel girl with the intention of working over mary jane with the head and hair piece and power man with the yellow boots as I've seen others do brilliantly and some how when I was done I had this gloves and boots courtesy marvel girl and a new face from heroes box set cap

Cyclops is one of the few very popular characters that they have never made a version of that I really felt was truly great. I suppose the X-Factor version comes closest for me, but I would love an updated "astonishing" version some day in the future.

I've never tried it before, but maybe:

Hair = Movie Transformation Spider-Man: http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=488

Head = Unmasked Movie Black Spider-Man: http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=492

Jacket + Arms = Mob Thug: http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=696

Edited by fnwebslinger

I just received The Heroes box set today and I want to turn the wolverine into Animated Morph. Has anyone else done this? What are the best head, hair and jacket pieces?

For mine, I used a Back in Black Spiderman head with Mrk III Tony Stark hair. For the jacket, I used a trimmed and painted SM3 Peter Parker Jacket, but since I made mine, a few easier choices have become available

post-2133-1278517255_thumb.jpg

You might try:

Origins Wolverine

EDIT: fnwebslinger probably has a better suggestion for the jacket

Edited by Glantern

I've gotten really hooked on this part swapping biz I picked up a 1st appearance marvel girl with the intention of working over mary jane with the head and hair piece and power man with the yellow boots as I've seen others do brilliantly and some how when I was done I had this gloves and boots courtesy marvel girl and a new face from heroes box set cap

I like that look! The boots are especially a good call.