UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

A quick question for those who like to hot swap, do you also keep a figure " as published" for collection purposes?

T.

I don't. Well, that's not completely true. I do for some characters/figures, but not others. I'm thankful that my OCD has limits.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave Spider-Woman both Black Bolt's wings and X-23's hair, which I think looks alot more comic accurate. I also gave Batwoman Black Queen Jean's cape, which looks pretty cool IMO.

Thats a great idea pioad, you don't happen to have a picture of the modified Spider-Woman do you?

I was also curious if anyone has tried to do the same thing with the Sub-Mariner? (I'd try to do it, but if I atempted to paint it gold, I bet I'd screw it up)

I gave Spider-Woman both Black Bolt's wings and X-23's hair, which I think looks alot more comic accurate. I also gave Batwoman Black Queen Jean's cape, which looks pretty cool IMO.

Thats a great idea pioad, you don't happen to have a picture of the modified Spider-Woman do you?

I was also curious if anyone has tried to do the same thing with the Sub-Mariner? (I'd try to do it, but if I atempted to paint it gold, I bet I'd screw it up)

I'll try but my Mac is sometimes testy with uploading photos

post-788-1274929559_thumb.jpg

post-788-1274929598_thumb.jpg

post-788-1274929622_thumb.jpg

Edited by pioad

I gave Spider-Woman both Black Bolt's wings and X-23's hair, which I think looks alot more comic accurate.

Spider-Woman is one of my faves & I hated her hair -- I hate that hairpiece in general. I took my extra Witchblade's hair, cut off the "metal-organic" pieces & removed the paint (it's cast in black plastic). She looks so much better that way! :D

Awesome! That Spider-Woman looks great pioad. I think I will have to do that with mine also. Thanks for the pictures.

Now I'm wishing I had a spare X-23 hair piece. That Spider-Woman looks great.

And yup, my extra Black Bolt's wings are on my pants-wearing Namor. Still silver since I don't trust myself to paint :D

A quick question for those who like to hot swap, do you also keep a figure " as published" for collection purposes?

It depends really. As mentioned before I want to give Reborn Thor a pair of black gloves to match his more recent look, but rather than modifying mine (which is still in the box), I'm looking for a loose one at a decent price. However I only have one Scarlet Spider and I've modified him with a pair of IM2 Black Window "web shooters". I think it depends on how the original mate turned out, as I was really dissapointed with how "vanilla" Scarlet was.

I always keep an original, and modify an extra. Damn it sucks being a completist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

ahhh... if i change anything, the original unaltered parts are kept, stored away in little bags... in case of... 'emergency'

paw I have to tell you I just love your scarlet spider parts swap. it really made a ho-hum figure come alive

also really enjoying the rest of this thread. long live parts swapping!

I always keep an original, and modify an extra. Damn it sucks being a completist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

I do the same as bilbofett.

And elhonez, I was curious if you had a picture of your Power Man with yellow boots?

Edited by mtd20_2000

Although I'm not too fond of Pixie, that one there looks pretty good!

Although I'm not too fond of Pixie, that one there looks pretty good!

Thanks. I always liked the concept of the character (especially after they made her all mystic 'n stuff) and needed to do something with the hideously boring Jewel 'mate that came with the Secret Invasion set.

I modify my Minimates all the time, it's been something I've been doing since I began collection.

Speaking of Luke Cage modifications I managed to make a pretty decent modern Luke Cage by putting New Avengers Luke Cage's head on James Rhodes' body. I've been meaning to do it with a bald Sisko head and that could be a good alternative too if you don't own a New Avengers Luke Cage or you hate the catfish goatee.

Edited by Andimus Prime

I modify my Minimates all the time, it's been something I've been doing since I began collection.

Speaking of Luke Cage modifications I managed to make a pretty decent modern Luke Cage by putting New Avengers Luke Cage's head on James Rhodes' body. I've been meaning to do it with a bald Sisko head and that could be a good alternative too if you don't own a New Avengers Luke Cage or you hate the catfish goatee.

I use a similar recipe for an improved Luke Cage. It's pretty much the same body, but the head is from comic Jim Rhodes War Machine, but with no hair, obviously.

I used the webshooter from Friends and Foes BR Spidey and leg pouches from Deadpool and put them on Scarlet Spider. Looks better now, I just need another webshooter. Haha.

Used Movie Black Widow's, but, same here:

DSC05644.jpg

O_O Thank you! Now I know I have to track down Movie Black Widow.

I wanted to ask everyone’s opinions on these minor modifications.

Do you prefer the DST Heroes box set Hulk with the AFX Defender’s box set Hulk hairpiece, or the TRU wave 6 World War Hulk hairpiece?

Do you prefer the AFX Defender’s box set Namor with silver wings, from a wave 31 Black Bolt, or his normal appearance?

post-2109-1275264937.jpg

post-2109-1275264958.jpg

You guys from Texas give love a bad name...wait...what's going on in here? :D

I don't modify my mates cos it's hard enuff getting one of each one. But I need to start.

Nice collection mtd20 2000.

I wanted to ask everyone’s opinions on these minor modifications.

Do you prefer the AFX Defender’s box set Namor with silver wings, from a wave 31 Black Bolt, or his normal appearance?

I figure Namor looks all right with them, especially if there's no one else you're using the wings for anyway :D