Liney's Designs & Customs - She-Hulk advice

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

Got around to getting a few things finished over Christmas and between changing jobs. Most of which can be found in the decal thread.

After fixing up Kabuki last year I read up on the character, and the others form her book. Eventually I want to try designing all of them, but I started with Scarab.

Scarab/Keiko - Considered the secondary character of the series, the codename "Scarab" was given to her because it is her duty to clean up the scenes left by the other Noh assassins, very much like the scarab beetle. Initially a street orphan alongside close friend Seiko, she encountered a young motorcycle hooligan named Yukio and quickly fell for him. However Yukio's involvement with the Yakuza results in him and her friend Seiko being killed. Keiko was granted amnesty for her part by a government agent named Kenji in exchange for the infiltration of various underworld social groups. Alongside this she was also given combat and weaponry training, ultimately leading to her placement as a Noh assassin. Following Kabuki's betrayal, she and fellow agent Tigerlilly inadvertently form a deep friendship whilst in pursuit. Her Noh costume is a spiked, dominatrix-like bodysuit based on one of Yukio's drawings, and her mask bears a swirling insect-like pattern. (credit to wikipedia)

scarab_minimate_design_by_lord_liney-d73She still colouring, and a hairpiece, but I figure I would just mod an existing piece like movie Maria Hill or sculpt one entirely. I'll be adding the decals to the decal thread as I do them.

Edited by Liney

Liney, I hope it is okay but I really liked your Star Trek Salt Vampire decals. I printed off a set for a protoype figure I am hoping to make.

I appreciate your talent in the decals. If I can get the right look I am after I will print off a set on quality stock for application. I will post the final product and give you credit in my posting.

Thank you for your decal designs.

• 6 months later...

Copied across from my other thread to keep the board tidy

I was wandering if I could get some answers/opinions on some colours.

People like Zemo, Titania and Machine Man. In older comics they are clearly a pink/magenta colour, much like Gambit. However a lot of other sources clearly show them as purple, a quick google of Machine demonstrates this.

I'm currently trying to make Machine Man, so I bought some cheap issues of MM from the 80's and he's pink, in fact he's the perfect match for Citadel Miniatures 'Pink Horror' paint.So I adjusted my decal to this colour and it looks really off to me.

So I thought I would use 'Screamer Pink' as its more purple, which matches my idea of MM better. But is less accurate.

Which colour looks better to you guys/gals?

post-3031-0-21034800-1407099600_thumb.jppost-3031-0-52891500-1407099611_thumb.jp

Playing with paint today, left to right: Screamer Pink, Screamer Pink with Pink Horror over it, Pink Horror and then Parma Purple on the second pic, and Tamiya x-16 which is the purple on the thigh.

post-3031-0-19832600-1407100864_thumb.jp

post-3031-0-85891100-1407100827_thumb.jp

Whilst the general opinion was Screamer Pink was best in person it dried a very dark maroon so I went with Parma Purple.

My next issue was his belt, my original decal was too cluttered when I did a test print so I came up with two alternatives, remove some of the line or split it over the chest and waist piece. I'm leaning towards the plainer belt.

post-3031-0-69042900-1407102824_thumb.jp

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a little OCD about getting things right.

While I wait for my decal paper to arrive so I can finish up Machine Man I started work on another custom.

The skirt piece doesn't want to take paint very well, it just rubs right off, any tips on how to remedy this?

post-3031-0-14195900-1407267487_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

Yet another WIP to add, I swear at some point I will get them finished, most of them are just waiting for decals to be printed and applied...

post-3031-0-36751500-1409608095_thumb.jp

Bonus points if you can work out the hairpiece!

I also did a quick mock up of what the decals would look like on her, not keen on the face and not sure whether she needs the boob cross thing to be a different shade of silver.

post-3031-0-45649800-1409608208_thumb.jp

Thanks Kostisfire. It is indeed! Horns sliced off and sanded within an inch of its life as it made her too tall.

Still got more sanding to do too wallbash.gif

Need to adjust her eyes as the sculpted nose cover thing is a bit wider than I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

10 pages in and I have finally got around to making an actual custom or two!

Been working on printing decals, some have worked better than others. So some might get printed on vinyl as its less fiddly to use.

So here's another WIP of my Noh Assassins from Kabuki and an update on Machine Man.

post-3031-0-19172900-1410472447_thumb.jp

To try out my decal paper I updated Storm again, improving and replacing the old vinyl stickers. Decided at the last moment to not update her face as I think it suits her classic look better than the newer Storm faces.

post-3031-0-26928400-1410472611_thumb.jp

Magdalena got a new, much needed, chest decal.

post-3031-0-34193600-1410472704_thumb.jp

And finally what I consider my first proper custom: Jocasta

Heavily sanded down then resculped Lady Loki hair, silver paint and many decals. Very pleased with how she came out. Might keep tweaking the lines on her hair though.

post-3031-0-35583300-1410472839_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...

Been doing some more work in some customs, some has been restarted due to mishaps, peeling decals or broken parts. Still got a few stickers/decals to add and paint to tidy up.

Noh Assassins

post-3031-0-71101400-1421194780_thumb.jp

Snowbird face

post-3031-0-40038500-1421194873_thumb.jp

Gwen Stacy chest

post-3031-0-67303900-1421195037_thumb.jp

Enchantress WIP

post-3031-0-52889300-1421195135_thumb.jp

Machine Man WIP

post-3031-0-95189300-1421195196_thumb.jp

Edited by Liney