UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

UK Forbidden Planet getting minimates

dj87

thought i'd give any UK members a bit of a heads up, in case anyone it's aware. I've always found UK comic stores got mates a long time after their official US releases. A lot stopped getting stuff in when minimates stopped being available over here, but numerous Forbidden Planet Internationals continued to get bits a pieces in now and then.

just popped into town earlier today, and found they'd got in both the recent X-Men box sets, Wolverine through the ages, spidey friends and foes... as well as many of waves 27-32. picked myself up the variant ult. WW2 Cap.

just thought you UKers might facny the info... have a look at plugging some gaps, if you've a FP international near you

thought i'd give any UK members a bit of a heads up, in case anyone it's aware. I've always found UK comic stores got mates a long time after their official US releases. A lot stopped getting stuff in when minimates stopped being available over here, but numerous Forbidden Planet Internationals continued to get bits a pieces in now and then.

just popped into town earlier today, and found they'd got in both the recent X-Men box sets, Wolverine through the ages, spidey friends and foes... as well as many of waves 27-32. picked myself up the variant ult. WW2 Cap.

just thought you UKers might facny the info... have a look at plugging some gaps, if you've a FP international near you

Which FP was that? The London one normally has some sort of minimates for sale, although what they get tends to be very erratic. Last I saw there was the Wolverine Origins wave, and they had all of them, but I haven't been for a while.

If they have them in the London store... YES!!!

its the Stoke-on-Trent store... v.far from London i'm afriad. I didn't think the London megastore was a FP international?

(certainly not trying to patronise, but incase anyone doesn't know... Forbidden Planet and FP International are two different companies; International stores often self-import stuff from the US)

just checked the bag, the International stores are:

Aberdeen

Belfast

Cardiff

Derby

Dublin

Edinburgh

Glasgow

Hanley (Stoke)

Leeds

Leicester

Manchester

Middlesborough

Nottingham

Sheffield

Wolverhampton

Birmingham

Liverpool

...they get stuff shipped from the New York store.

I'm originally from London, y'right... they've ocassionally got a few mates, mostly the movie waves i've found... thats where i picked up some of the original Iron Man & Hulk waves. The Hanley (Stoke-on-Trent) store seemed to now have a complete section dedicated to mates.

I'm not going to say anything negative about Forbidden Planet International because I've only ever tried to order online which is easy.

To date I have only received........... my money back after the order was cancelled.

Bearing in mind that things might have changed I decided to place an order a moment ago with FPI.com. I've just put 125 sets of Silver Age Angel into my online shopping cart....they have them apparently . I have also put 250 sets of Sentinels into my shopping cart....they are also in stock. :rolleyes:

I'm truly glad you've had some success in their stores & I'm sure people will be grateful for the heads up.

I have this continuing nightmare where Forbidden Planet becomes the sole UK distributor for Doctor Who Minimates.

i'd certainly not order from them online... only ever heard bad things

if that were the case... at least i'd have a leisurely stroll into town to pick up 2 beautiful inches of articulated Matt Smith, etc. ... oh, what a day that'll be

... worse comes to the worse... i'll help you kids out!

if that were the case... at least i'd have a leisurely stroll into town to pick up 2 beautiful inches of articulated Matt Smith

Suddenly, I'm glad I don't follow Dr Who! ;)

:lol:

its what he does with it that counts

Yep, FP online sucks. To this day I have not received the Marvel Zombies set I ordered several years ago.

Thanks for informing me of that, bobafett. Your info was informative but heartbreaking...

Still upset Limited Edition closed down, are there any other good minimate retailers in the UK?

LUKE!

Yeah... can't go wrong with Luke, great prices... in fact, first time i ordered from him last year, i had to email him just to check he'd not made a mistake with the international shipping costs. he even has a few TrU exclusives these days...

... actually, as this is the UKers in this thread... lets not even get started on the TrU sets

I know he's supposed to be good, and that he ships to the UK. I've been meaning to try him out for a while now, but the fact that I thought shipping would be high put me off. Good to know, I may place an order soon then!

I know he's supposed to be good, and that he ships to the UK. I've been meaning to try him out for a while now, but the fact that I thought shipping would be high put me off. Good to know, I may place an order soon then!

lukes shipping is really good,

I paid $23 to ship a case of wave 35 and a army builder dump case as well

do it

this has turned into a Luke lovefest... and rightly so. We, as a community, are extremely lucking to have someone like Luke to get stuff from... he has pre-orders up very earlier, and responds to any queries both through email and multiverse private message within a couple of days at most. LTS came along just as i was questioning my minimate future, so to speak, as things became increasingly hard (expensive) to come by for us UK based fellas

I like most of have had proplems with FP online although if you want stuff mailed to you dont use the website just ring the store they can tell you exactly whats on the shelf ,right now i'm glad of anyone who is willing to stock mates in the uk even if it is FP