UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

Feral...cool.

Domino...equally cool (though kinda wish it was her in her purple attire from the time).

Deadpool...great for those who couldn't get the first one.

Cable...uh, why? Seriously, did we need one so soon after the previous one?

They could easily have replaced Cable with Shatterstar, Cannonball, Warpath, or if we needed another 'Cable'-like character...used villain Stryfe.

On the Ghostbusters 4-pack...shouldn't their uniforms be gray? I assume it's a screw up that they're shown wearing the GB1 tan uniforms that they'll have fixed on the final product...

Edited by MST3KFan

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone quickly remind me how many sets came out for SDCC last year? Was it the two Dark Avengers sets?

I may be mistaken, but I do remember

the two Dark Avengers sets

Champions (AFX)

Thunderbolts (AFX)

Wolverine Through The Ages (not a con exclusive though)

Terminator 2 Cyberdyne Assault

and a bunch of Minimate keychains and promo blanks.

I think there may have also been a Ghostbusters exclusive 2-pack somewhere, though I can't remember which one that was anymore. (correction: it was this one)

They could easily have replaced Cable with Shatterstar, Cannonball, Warpath, or if we needed another 'Cable'-like character...used villain Stryfe.

Fervently agree. I'm pretty bummed we didn't see a Shatterstar or Cannonball - i was sure one of them would be a lock! Here's hoping for some good supporting TRU 2-packs.

EDIT: It's probably not a bad thing that we got this line-up. Feral probably wouldn't have gotten a release in a normal wave, where as Warpath already has & Cannonball + Shatterstar are probably popular enough to see the light of day soon.

Edited by Nessex

the two Dark Avengers sets

Champions (AFX)

Thunderbolts (AFX)

Wolverine Through The Ages (not a con exclusive though)

Terminator 2 Cyberdyne Assault

and a bunch of Minimate keychains and promo blanks.

Thanks for the info NR. Taking this into consideration I think it's safe to say that we will get one or two more options this summer, which is good.

Taking a closer look I would guess that Deadpool comes with a slip on mask to go over his ... head/mask as there is a hole in the top of that one.

I think I am most disappointed in the fact that they released another 90's Cable as I was really hoping they would do a modern version of the character. I suppose it isn't totally out of the question still, but it's probably less likely to happen as a result.

i hope we get as many sets as last year. This one doesnt have me too excited. Getting it at SDCC anyway for Domino.

I'm guessing there may be a chance that they are following last year's SDCC model with another X-Force boxset to round out the team, similar to Dark Avengers 1 & 2?

That may explain why 90's Warpath is in wave 37?

If so, that would leave

- Cannonball

- Shatterstar

- Boom Boom?

- Siryn?

Maybe substitute Stryfe for one of those? Unless the Cable from the announced boxset comes with additional Stryfe armor, that would be sweet!

My thoughts on the announced set:

- Feral is a great opening for either 1) an official Wolfsbane release or 2) a very easy custom Wolfsbane! B)

- Cable, I'm surprised I like this one as much as I do. Unnecessary, but still cool.

- Domino, the only way we'll ever get a Domino Minimate, so I'm happy.

- Deadpool, a very necessary re-issue. I like that they are staying the with 'villain' style since we already have the 'goofy' version. I applaud DST for re-releasing him.

Edited by youbastards

.... does Cable have 2.5" Bane's belt?

Deadpool is cool, and it's good to have Domino and Feral [costume changes are easy enough]. But we really should've gotten someone else instead of Cable, who had a version released recently that would've been a decent enough companion to this set.

I really hope this isn't the only Marvel set this year.

I think it was a good choice including Deadpool in the set. And he even has the crappy, Liefeld look to him, which distinguishes him from the previous version (and probably helps to ensure that the previous one maintains value). About Cable, though he seems unnecessary, I don't think the rest of X-Force is all that popular. Cable is popular enough to move sets. Shatterstar? I don't know about that. So, maybe it was a good move. Also, I probably like this Cable look the best of the ones we've seen. But if they plan a second set, I would have made Cable the headliner of that one. I don't think any of the remaining members is going to be big enough to move a second X-Force set. Unless they include another Deadpool, of course. I figure we're more likely to see a TRU 2-pack or two.

Glad the GBs are all included in one set for once, in their suits. I think this will be a popular 4 pack.

Edited by karamazov80

I thought that the "Liefeld" era would be something everyone would want to forget!

Gross!

Pass! Pass! Pass!

:lol:

I used to think the same thing, and was a bit surprised at the nostalgia people here had toward that comic and era.

LMAO @ youbastards!

Over at Minimates Headquarters I posted that "I had just threw up a little in my mouth."

We're getting a Feral before we ever get Sunfire, Banshee, or even Wolfsbane? Really?

The Deadpool looks too much like the one we have...only worse.

Cable... Yawn.

Domino looks like an old lady taking a dump.

:lol:

The Ghostbusters dead horse has been beaten, skinned, and turned into both dogfood and glue. The glue was then used to glue the dogfood into a horse shape to start the process over again.

Domino looks like an old lady taking a dump.

Some nice imagery to start the day. :lol:

We're getting a Feral before we ever get Sunfire, Banshee, or even Wolfsbane? Really?

Well if you remember DST once said they like to put in the boxsets one character you'll never see ever again ever. There have been exceptions called The Heroes and Villains rerelease boxsets and Iron Man and Wolverine TTA. But...

Examples: Hydro Man, The Human Torch (WWII), Beyonder, Nitro, Valkyre, Jewel, probably Raza. Well in that glorious tradition they will probably never ever release another Feral.

So smoke em while you got em boys.

Okay, continuity hounds, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not the costume Cable wore in X-Force, is it? The one we just got in wave 31 was the X-Force costume; this appears to be the one he wore in the last few issues of The New Mutants, right?

On a side note, I had some weird dreams about these box sets last night. First I dreamed they announced a Guardians of the Galaxy set with Vance Astro, Starhawk, and two others who didn't appear to be connected to the team at all, and I was really bummed that Martinex didn't make the cut. After that, I dreamed they had announced two sets with a bizarre mix of obscure X-villians: Ahab, Donald Pierce, a couple Reavers, Scalphunter, Arcade, and some other weird guys I didn't recognize.

I hate losing sleep over Minimates... :confused: