UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ToyNK's website says this is "coming soon," but it is listed as "Sold Out" (possibly of pre-orders?). I haven't been paying too much attention, but this set does appear relatively scarce. It seems that sellers aren't getting that many in, and it isn't being distributed by places like AFX and TRU.com, which would suggest that they were produced in higher numbers.

:lol: I assure you, it wasn't me. I couldn't find the 90's set at first, but one of my friends pointed out a table in the middle of the con floor (not Toynk, who I got my X-Force & GB2 sets from) that had a stack of, like 10 of the 90's sets. He grabbed one, I grabbed 2. shrugshoulders.gif

If anyone wants the extra Wolverine & Magneto, they're up for grabs (Bishop & Jubilee have already suffered my exacto knife & paintbrush).

yeah - that's polaris in the 80's.

Malice had no corporeal form and inhabited the body of Polaris around the time of the Inferno saga.

I guess it's technically Malice & Polaris :P

I like that pose Mal-aris (Police?) is taking... kind of self-aware and apologetic, like, "Hey, it's the 80s, what did you expect?" Or a standup comedienne opening with a bit about her hair stylist. It's like She-Hulk and David Bowie had a kid with a mullet.

I am trying to figure out what guns go with who (silver ones with Deadpool on the package?), if anyone has any answers feel free to let me know!

I think Tenime answered this one a page back:

I'm an X-Force n00b... just got the boxed set, and there are weapons galore.

Which weapons "go" with which characters?

Crap, I wish I had a pic with me...

Ummm.....Domino gets one of the silver pistols. Cable gets the other two for his hip holsters. Deadpool gets the grey pistols for his hip holsters, and has to hold the SMGs. Cable should have his two silver BFGs already pegged to his back in the package.

Does that help? I'm at work right now, and my memory sucks, lol...

Personally, i like to use the silver pistols with deadpool so his colour-scheme is not so samey, but i think Tenime has the right idea: The pistols were intended to Match the owners - Silver for Cable (matches his arm), Grey for Deadpool (Matches his Gloves) & the remaining Silver for Domino (Matches her cuff).

although you are right - the package art does give Deadpool the silver pistols.

Edited by Nessex

Got my 90's X-Men and X-Force sets from Luke's yesterday. Bishop was missing one of his shoulder parts (those yellow rings around the upper arm and torso), and Wolverine's right leg snapped off when I tried to move it.

Wolverine isn't a big deal to me, but I would like the have my Bishop be complete... And given how well people get replacement parts from what I read around here...

Nothing wrong with my X-Force set...though Deadpool doesn't want to hold his guns with the hands he has.

Just a heads up - The general answer that i have been given from DST in the past is something like: 'Con exclusives are made in more limited numbers than regular waves and we often don't have spare parts for them'.

Having said that, it can't hurt to try.

If you can't get one through DST - maybe you could find a wave 25 Classic Iron man & paint one of his shoulder bands yellow for your Bishop? Classic IM was in the regular wave, he had a variant and he was also in wave 3 of the TRU sets, so He *should* be pretty abundant online or in the Haves/Wants section on here.