UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

I have the 90's set up for preorder, and I am working on getting the other ones.

EDIT: Alright, I heard back from my supplier, and I will be able to carry the other SDCC sets, but I can't put up pre-orders until the day after SDCC has ended. These will ship approximately two weeks after SDCC has ended.

That's awesome news Luke. Have you heard if there will be any other exclusives available? Or will it just be the X-Force, X-Men & 2 Ghostbuster sets this year?

So I guess there aren't any more "surprises" to reveal. Man, I was (naively) hoping they were going to pull out another X-Force set at the last minute... :confused:

You and me Both Lobbie. I was really hoping to see them fill out the roster a bit more.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 90's set up for preorder, and I am working on getting the other ones.

EDIT: Alright, I heard back from my supplier, and I will be able to carry the other SDCC sets, but I can't put up pre-orders until the day after SDCC has ended. These will ship approximately two weeks after SDCC has ended.

That's awesome news Luke. Have you heard if there will be any other exclusives available? Or will it just be the X-Force, X-Men & 2 Ghostbuster sets this year?

More box sets are planned for this year, but I don't know when any of them are coming out, or if any more will be SDCC/AFX/TRU exclusives.

More box sets are planned for this year, but I don't know when any of them are coming out, or if any more will be SDCC/AFX/TRU exclusives.

when is the lukes toy store exclusive coming out?

Something odd that I noticed about these sets is that there don't seem to be any alternate version of any of these characters that would cause anyone to buy more than one set. In last years sets, there were alternate versions of Radioactive Man, Pennace, Iron Patriot, Spider-Man, Dakken, Hawkeye and Ares that made buying more than one set a plus to get both versions of each character a plus. Even the T2 set had two version of Sarah Connor. I don't see that with any sets this year and I think that will ultimately hurt the sales (on top of poor character choices).

In last years sets, there were alternate versions of Radioactive Man, Pennace, Iron Patriot, Spider-Man, Dakken, Hawkeye and Ares that made buying more than one set a plus to get both versions of each character a plus.

Really? Is there a site where I can see the alternate versions of these compared to the regular ones?

Let me say adding Deadpool on the X-force set was a great move. He is still one of the most hunted for mates and many people will buy the whole set just for him.....*cough* *Cough* myself. I've pre-ordered my set! So I can sleep peacefully knowing I finally will have a Deadpool mate by this Septmeberish....lol

Really? Is there a site where I can see the alternate versions of these compared to the regular ones?

www.minimatedatabase.com

As for weezer, you could have a Deadpool 'Mate within the week. If. . .

price-is-right.jpg

--edit: I don't mean from me :D --

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINIMATE-DEADPOOL-LOT-...=item3a5ac3c894

Edited by karamazov80

In last years sets, there were alternate versions of Radioactive Man, Pennace, Iron Patriot, Spider-Man, Dakken, Hawkeye and Ares that made buying more than one set a plus to get both versions of each character a plus.

I think he means that each figure was 'unmaskable'. Iron Patriots helmut could be removed to reveal his true identity, etc.

It was an idea that was pretty important when you're dealing with characters who are leading double lives / impersonating 'real' super-heros.

It's not something that is really appropriate/integral to the characters in X-Men, X-Force or Ghostbusters.

Having said that - i hope that AA/DST do include some good accessories for these sets (Guns for Bishop, Fireworks for Jubilee, geiger-counters for Ghostbusters, etc).

Count in keen to pre-order the Marvel sets!

Any word on what other sets will be available Luke, or will these be the only ones?

Any word on what other sets will be available Luke, or will these be the only ones?

So far I will be carrying the following SDCC exclusives: X-Force, 90's X-Men, and Ghostbusters 2.

So far I will be carrying the following SDCC exclusives: X-Force, 90's X-Men, and Ghostbusters 2.

If I were to pre order all three, would the best thing be to do it in one transaction/order?

I think he means that each figure was 'unmaskable'. Iron Patriots helmut could be removed to reveal his true identity, etc.

Iron Patriot's Helmut ? :ohmy: Herr Helmut Osborn ?

Bah ah ha ha - well spotted BHM! I'll pay that.

when is the lukes toy store exclusive coming out?

It is definitely going to happen, but it might not be until 2011.

If I were to pre order all three, would the best thing be to do it in one transaction/order?

Yes that would be best, as they would all ship at the same time anyways.

So what do people think the rumoured Heroic age box set will be?

My picks would be Iron Mans new armor, Captain Rogers, Modern Mockingbird and Hank Pym-Wasp.

ha.jpg

Unfortunately I think DST had already stated in a Q&A that the new Iron Man armor isn't in the works right now. Then again they also said they weren't considering a Jubilee mate either, and look how that panned out. :P

In any case, I would SOOOO love to get this set. These are worthy-enough IM and Cap costume variations to minimatize, Pym's Wasp look is cool, and we ALL need a Mockingbird.

Unfortunately I think DST had already stated in a Q&A that the new Iron Man armor isn't in the works right now. Then again they also said they weren't considering a Jubilee mate either, and look how that panned out. :P

OK then how about new and improved Kitty Beast.

kb.jpg

northraider can you point me to the part of the Q&A where they stated the no new ironman mate thing

Question: ...A Heroic Age box set with Disco Armor/Bleeding Edge Iron Man would be so awesome...

DSTChuck: I’ll make the time but we really can’t answer specific character request here except maybe in a very general way. Right now none of those are planned but some have a better chance then others.

But, like NR said, Jubilee isn't in the works either, so...

I'd like to see a Heroes for Hire set with modern versions of Luke Cage, Iron fist, Misty Knight and Colleen wing.

:biggrin:

HeroesforHiresmall.jpg

Bigger ->

ummm Fuck Yes Please!!!

moc847

Y'know, the only wish for that set would be if they also came with parts to make the classic Iron Fist and Power Man. Not full figures, mind you... just a chestpiece and collar here, another chest piece and extra head and hair there... somethin' like that. The old ones stick out like a sore thumb and I'd love to get modern and re-do classic versions.

OK then how about new and improved Kitty Beast.

Really, all you need to say is "new"... it would be hard for them to make one that wasn't an improvement :P

and we ALL need a Mockingbird.

Not in that costume we don't.

I like the new costume a lot, but either would be great...

"Be sure to stop by and meet the legendary artist and get your X-Force Minimates signed for FREE! Please note Rob will not sign any product other than the X-Force Minimates."

Oh, that's so generous of him....

Seriously, does this guy honestly believe he's as awesome as he seems to claim? Is he like Michael Bay?