UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool pic! just looking at that picture makes me want the whole crew to get 'mated even more. yep, yep.

y'know, it just struck me that it's been like 27 years or sumpin' since the first issue of "new mutants" hit the stands WAAAAY back in the early 80s. holy shit, i'm gettin' so damn old! :(

I'm somewhat surprised we haven't seen anyone come up with some cool New Mutants customs. The costumes are almost like the first appearance X-Men minimates.

i actually have some quick customs of magik,sunspot and cypher plus some really quick custom of cannonball and wolfsbane

Wow is there a link or some pictures you can share?

I second this request. I looked around the Customs Section earlier today, but couldn't find those. I would love to see them. Chazwinski, that Karma is pretty spiffy (And showcases exactly why I love Kitty's Astonishing outfit so much). The head/hair combo works really well.

Oh, Rob.

-> CHECK IT <-

One thing that will never get old is Liefield Bashing. There could be a million sites dedicated to scorning his bad name, and there would still be room for more.

The perplexing question about Liefeld, McFarlane, and the rest (excluding Jim Lee :) )is not why and how do they suck, but why the ____ did we all love them so much back in the early 1990s?? There is a reason everyone knows who these people are--comic fans loved them and bought the crap out of all their garbage comics. I'm included. I loved his artwork. LOVED it. I had all the late New Mutants stuff, all the X-Force, and even the 2 or 3 Youngbloods he eventually ended up making. Why? Who knows?? That is the greatest mystery of all.

i think i loved them back then was because I was like 6. i can plead ignorance on that (Larson Spider-Man run FTW!)

It's all about the excess. Spiderman doesn't just jump, he jumps in the most contorted positions possible. He doesn't even sit or crouch without showing off his acrobatic awesomeness. Cable just doesn't have guns, he has guns so incredibly huge they require a cybernetic arm to carry them and ridiculously colossal shoulder pads to brace them. And everyone, everyone, is so massively pissed off all the time, they always look like they're simultaneaously being kicked where the sun don't shine and looking at these birds. Basically, they are the equivalent of Michael Bay.

The perplexing question about Liefeld, McFarlane, and the rest (excluding Jim Lee :) )is not why and how do they suck, but why the ____ did we all love them so much back in the early 1990s?? There is a reason everyone knows who these people are--comic fans loved them and bought the crap out of all their garbage comics. I'm included. I loved his artwork. LOVED it. I had all the late New Mutants stuff, all the X-Force, and even the 2 or 3 Youngbloods he eventually ended up making. Why? Who knows?? That is the greatest mystery of all.

.......I still like McFarlane :blink:

Didn't they already do a modern Luke cage with that horrible beanie? Or Luke from this era? :biggrin:

post-138-1275839376_thumb.jpg

As much as I would like to see a new Nightcrawler I think it's unlikely

due to the fact that he is currently dead.

I don't see that as being an issue.

I'm sure that he will be brought back to life in the time it would take for the next announced wave of Minimates to be released.

I don't see that as being an issue.

I'm sure that he will be brought back to life in the time it would take for the next announced wave of Minimates to be released.

Also, that hasn't stopped an onslaught of Jeans.

Maybe one day we'll get that "Bamf!" stand. :P

Edited by Chazwinski

This years blockbuster ,the sequel to 'The Fly' .........................'Onslaught of Jeans'

starring Levi Diesel.........as the Denim Destroyer

co-starring Lee Cooper...as the Zipper

& introducing Boss Hugo ...as the Wrangler

:unsure:

This years blockbuster ,the sequel to 'The Fly' .........................'Onslaught of Jeans'

starring Levi Diesel.........as the Denim Destroyer

co-starring Lee Cooper...as the Zipper

& introducing Boss Hugo ...as the Wrangler

:unsure:

You just got back from the pub didn't you? :D

T.

I agree with how cool it'd be to get a classic New Mutants set. I hope we'll also see a re-do of Colossus, Nightcrawler, the green/white Rogue and tan Wolverine.

If you're thinking of the same Rogue and Wolverine as I am (I'm thinking of how they looked during Secret Wars), then I could not agree more. :) Of course, an updated Colossus and an updated Nightcrawler would be welcome, too.

I know this is highly unlikely, but if they do make another Colossus, it would be cool if he came with Zsaji (sp?), the alien chick from Secret Wars.

Like they say,

no one stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben

. ;)

Like they say,

no one stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben

. ;)

Lordy, don't give Quesada any more ideas. :confused:

But the Nightcrawler thing shouldn't be hindered by that. i mean we have tons of

dead

characters already. Don't make me bring up my

dearly departed fav comic character Jeanie...

As others have said that's never stopped anyone in comics before PLUS

it probably makes it MORE likely since he's rather popular, and a popular character returning from the dead will generate some buzz, though obviously not at Steve Rogers/Bruce Wayne/Superman levels if well done there will be a bit of "oh good, he's back!" which means he could move from "eh, we could do Nightcrawler to finish off X-Calibur/give the fans a break from paying $50 on eBay OR make Menace and Anti-Venom FOR THE WIN!!!" up to "oh hey, Nightcrawler's coming back from the dead in the Fall, let's put him in the next wave so we can ride the wave of 'YAY! Nightcrawler!!' sure to come up."

Didn't they already do a modern Luke cage with that horrible beanie? Or Luke from this era? :biggrin:

More like this

MUA2_LukeCage.jpg

I know that's Ultimate Alliance but it's basically what he's wearing in Thunderbolts.

Bald, goatee, yellow T-shirt, chain belt. "Cage" buckle would be awesome too.

cage.jpg

Edited by demonpr

can we get a "shutter shades" variant? just kidding, but on a serious side please no chain for cage. But if Cage must have bling PLEASE let the chain hang down to the modern height, the short chains with the "Cage" custom ice make him look like a bad Mr T rip off.