UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, I forgot about that look. Did every mutant in the 90's have that haircut?

Hardly any of them did. . . .

only:

Wolfsbane

post-2737-1281399530_thumb.jpg

& Wolverine

post-2737-1281399541_thumb.jpg

& Beast

post-2737-1281399504_thumb.jpg

& Feral

post-2737-1281399517_thumb.jpg

& Matsuo

post-2737-1281399523_thumb.jpg

& Deathbird

post-2737-1281399511_thumb.jpg

& Polaris (in the 80's)

post-2737-1281399931_thumb.jpg :P

Forgive me if i'm forgetting anyone, but the hairspray fumes associated with this post are making me light-headed. . . :wacko:

Edited by Nessex

Really pleased about the New Mutants boxset.....but I am in the middle of a set of New Mutants customs for myself! Have finished Moonstar, Cannonball, Cypher and Magma so far. I guess I will finish them anyway and just have both sets on display.

however i suspect we'll see something a bit more like her X-Factor look:

post-2737-1281395341_thumb.jpg

so that DST can re-use the Beast/Feral hair-piece and a get a little more value from it.

I'll be REALLY stoked if they can pull of a 'Terror Dog' - Have a full wolf with pieces underneath to make a costumed un-morphed Rahne.

That's the costume I would love to see, though I'd prefer her with the shorter 'do she had later, or a ponytail like she had by the time she joined Excalibur. My guess is this set will be FA though.

I don't know about a Terror Dog-style 'shell', only because she was a pretty small wolf when she made the full transformation rather than a hulking werewolf.

FA New Mutants for NYCC! Sweet! This is the only lineup for this team I am interested in. Every now and then one comes my way. Now for a Cypher/Warlock 2-pack. This also cements which Con I will attend that week. Wizard World's BACC is that weekend too...

Edited by Rheul

G*dd@mn*t, I HATE the New Mutants uniforms. HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!

M***erf***er. :angry:

Let's just hope that this paves the way for 90's X-Force Cannonball & Sunspot and 90's X-Factor or current(-ish) X-Force Wolfsbane.

Amen brother.

I can understand the appeal, like I understand why people wanted the Silver Age X-Men set, but it just seems boring. Four figures that look almost exactly the same? Come on. Poor Cannonball is just gonna look like a blond dude, he might as well be Doug Ramsey at that point.

I'm with you in hoping for a Liefeld New Mutants set, or at least something with more flair. I'd like to have a Cannonball who's more than just a generic looking drone.

Despite being essentially FA X-Men costumes, the New Mutants series did run for 100 issues.

The FA X-Men gear was only worn for the 1st 37 or 38 issues. New Mutants kept their FA costumes for the first 60 issues . . . so they're even more entitled to be released in them i guess.

You're right - visually, they are not going to be the most stunning costumes, but the characters them selves and the stories from when they wore these duds are pretty well loved.

I'm rooting for 90's X-Force costumes too. I'd love to see another box set featuring Shatterstar, Ricter, Boom boom & Warpath, but i'm glad to see we're gonna be getting the New Mutants too :)

As an X-Men fan - TwentyTen (20-X, he he he) has been a pretty decent year for releases. X-Force, New Mutants, 90's X-Men, AoA 1, AoA2 . . . I also only got my X-Factor & FA X-Men sets this year. . . so i'm quite chuffed :biggrin:

Be careful with the SDCC sets. I got mine from eBay today. Feral's right hip broke off right out of the package. Barely touched it and it just snapped off. Then opened the X-Men set. Wolverine's right hip broke off too, same as Feral. Ugh.

Time to email Customer Service... <_<

you know come to think of it my Feral's tail broke off trying to pull her out i just added a dip of glue.Mines not like a hip breaking but still i havnt had a issue sinse the first deadpool anyway montrossx you reminded me of my issue with the box set- id definatly recomend opening with care with these ones anyway

Well crap. I guess I'll have to get rid of all my awesome New Mutants customs.

*Raises Hand*

i'll take em . . . ;)

Seriously though - don't get too down about official ones coming out. They're bound to miss the mark somewhere giving your customs the one-up. Plus - we'll probably never get all the NM's, so your customs will be perfect to fill the gaps.

Geez, I forgot about that look. Did every mutant in the 90's have that haircut?

Hardly any of them did. . . .

only:

Wolfsbane

post-2737-1281399530_thumb.jpg

& Wolverine

post-2737-1281399541_thumb.jpg

& Beast

post-2737-1281399504_thumb.jpg

& Feral

post-2737-1281399517_thumb.jpg

& Matsuo

post-2737-1281399523_thumb.jpg

& Deathbird

post-2737-1281399511_thumb.jpg

& Polaris (in the 80's)

post-2737-1281399931_thumb.jpg :P

Forgive me if i'm forgetting anyone, but the hairspray fumes associated with this post are making me light-headed. . . :wacko:

and deathcry also had that type of hair

don't know if that counts because shes not a mutant

Deathcry.jpg

Edited by Scorpion

I'm an X-Force n00b... just got the boxed set, and there are weapons galore.

Which weapons "go" with which characters?

Crap, I wish I had a pic with me...

Ummm.....Domino gets one of the silver pistols. Cable gets the other two for his hip holsters. Deadpool gets the grey pistols for his hip holsters, and has to hold the SMGs. Cable should have his two silver BFGs already pegged to his back in the package.

Does that help? I'm at work right now, and my memory sucks, lol...