UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

Don't know if I'm posting this in the right place or if any one noticed this before, But I just bought my ticket for NY Comic-con and i notice under the AFX booth the mentioned the AOA minimates ans a NEW MUTANTS BOX SET !!!! including Sunspot and Karma, Cannonball and Wolfsbane!

thats going to be a must have for me that gets me super excited

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if I'm posting this in the right place or if any one noticed this before, But I just bought my ticket for NY Comic-con and i notice under the AFX booth the mentioned the AOA minimates ans a NEW MUTANTS BOX SET !!!! including Sunspot and Karma, Cannonball and Wolfsbane!

*Chokes on sandwich*

Classic New Mutants? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Most Awesome! Glad to see Karma got picked. I guess she's the 'Never gonna happen' minimate (see: warpath, jewel, valkyrie etc. . . )

Here's hoping she comes with both an alternate Power's Effect hairpiece & a giant XMOW blob-style fat-suit.

now we would just need a Danni Moonstar, Cypher, Warlock and Magik to make me super happy. I love me some classic New Mutants.

Agreed, agreed, agreed! Somehow a set with just those 4 seems less than likely :( Here's hoping i'm underestimating the popularity of Magik & Warlock and DST proves me wrong!

Man that is awesome, I cant wait to get that sunfire minimate as well. This is going to be the first comic con I've ever been to, do you guys have any tips or anything for making sure I get all the exclusive mates that I can, I just dont want to miss out ya know.

NYCC will also be my first, so i was super stoked to see that exclusive. Still can't believe Karma get's a minimate before Magik and Warlock

"Here's hoping she comes with both an alternate Power's Effect hairpiece & a giant XMOW blob-style fat-suit"

LMFAO I totally forgot about her obese storyline, i thought she wouldn't even make it pass this year's "second coming"

'

As much as I hate to say this, I hope we get a TRU tie-in pack so we can round out the team some more.

I'm wondering if that's why we haven't had any news on new TRU waves lately - didn't want to spoil the surprise?...

As much as I hate to say this, I hope we get a TRU tie-in pack so we can round out the team some more.

I'm wondering if that's why we haven't had any news on new TRU waves lately - didn't want to spoil the surprise?...

I don't agree-TRU will spoil anything they can. I don't even drink milk in their stores just as a precaution.

Edited by groundhog7s

New Mutants = Do WANT.

Now if they'll give us a 90s Colossus/Forge to complete the 90s teams before moving fully onto AoA and New Mutants/80s X-Men....

Edited by MST3KFan

I don't think these will be big sellers, but I'll buy them for sure. Be nice if Warlock was included, to give the set a bit more character. I guess Sunspot and Wolfsbane will be in their transformed states, though.

I am a bit surprised that DST aren't going after Alpha Flight first, though. The characters look more distinctive, and are probably more recognizable. I guess it's because they are Canadian. Now that I think about it, DST is doing the right thing.

I am a bit surprised that DST aren't going after Alpha Flight first, though. The characters look more distinctive, and are probably more recognizable.

I guess it'll depend on how these are executed: I'll be somewhat disappointed if these are new heads on Classic X-Men bodies. Wolfsbane? Classic Jean Grey, Phoenix variant hair sans ponytail...blah!

Let's get the Liefield costumes (yeah, I said it) for Cannonball and Sunspot, at least.

I guess Sunspot and Wolfsbane will be in their transformed states, though.

If these are First Appearance mates, Wolfsbane's original transformed state was full-on wolf, or creepy deformed in-between state. I can't remember when she started turning into a uniformed wolf-girl, by the time she was in X-Factor (which is the version I'd love to see) anyways...

"Where's Alpha Flight?" was asked of Chuck at the SDCC Panel. Chuck repied "........ how many Canadians in the room ?" :D

If you count Wolverine Minimates, there were likely a lot of us there....

I guess Sunspot and Wolfsbane will be in their transformed states, though.
If these are First Appearance mates, Wolfsbane's original transformed state was full-on wolf, or creepy deformed in-between state. I can't remember when she started turning into a uniformed wolf-girl, by the time she was in X-Factor (which is the version I'd love to see) anyways...

Her early appearances showed her as a full wolf when transformed. This is the version i'd most like to see as it would fit the 'New Mutants' period better - however i suspect we'll see something a bit more like her X-Factor look:

post-2737-1281395341_thumb.jpg

so that DST can re-use the Beast/Feral hair-piece and a get a little more value from it.

I'll be REALLY stoked if they can pull of a 'Terror Dog' - Have a full wolf with pieces underneath to make a costumed un-morphed Rahne.

I'd love to see 90's Wolfsbane too - btu i'd rather see her along side her X-Factor chums than mistakenly added to this set.