UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say. I don't think the Liefeld-esque Deadpool is the version people will want in their collections, but I'm no Deadpool freak, so I don't really know.

If I didn't have one already I would still have no interest in the new one, and still force myself to pay the current prices... it's just that good.

If I didn't have one already I would still have no interest in the new one, and still force myself to pay the current prices... it's just that good.

Current prices? I've seen it sell for over $100 on Amazon. I love Minimates as much as the next guy, but come on. $100 is way too much.

I haven't kept up with these things much, but hasn't Cannonball been a more important Marvel character over the years than, say, Shatterstar? I seem to remember him being more of a presence in various X-books.

Same here. I would Love a Cannonball (Either Current, When he joined the X-Men, X.S.E., or FA) and even consider a Shattershot (Current), but NOT in their Liefeldesque costumes. I have no nostalgia for that era.

Thunderbird is essentially Warpath in the above costume. I know some collectors haven't been around that long, but DST is losing my money with all of these repeats of characters in the same friggin' costumes.

When I saw Domino the first thing I thought of was this Rogue!

Just look at that horrible hair.

Don't be an ass. She'll cut you with her cheek bones, man.

WOOT! I just realised i can FINALLY take someone (Domino) off my Top 10 most wanted signature block!

right on, man. good for you, nessex!

as for myself, i was sort of hoping for an "old school" new mutants box set and then a couple of TRU 2-packs to complete the original team. i'm happy for all the fans of the 90s x-books, but i was gone from mainstream superhero funnybook collecting at that time... so i have no real feel (or in some cases, no basic knowledge whatsoever) for most of these characters.

The New Mutants have been around since the 1980s and have a big enough fan base that I cannot understand why they've been so overlooked by toy companies. Not only that, but all of the characters in that picture are officially considered X-Men now. I suppose it's because of their slightly boring standard uniforms and the high percentage of females, that they keep getting passed over, but IMO they all have something unique about them (Magma's powers, Illyana's sword, Dani's hairstyle, Warlock is very unique-looking). I would run out and get these guys in a heartbeat.

I'm somewhat surprised we haven't seen anyone come up with some cool New Mutants customs. The costumes are almost like the first appearance X-Men minimates.

i actually have some quick customs of magik,sunspot and cypher plus some really quick custom of cannonball and wolfsbane

I'm somewhat surprised we haven't seen anyone come up with some cool New Mutants customs. The costumes are almost like the first appearance X-Men minimates.

i actually have some quick customs of magik,sunspot and cypher plus some really quick custom of cannonball and wolfsbane

Wow is there a link or some pictures you can share?