UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

i hope not but i think that new Astonishing X-Men look might be a set. IDK why but it seems high profile enough editorial-wise.

I really hope for a Gauntlet set to round out the BND two pack that already came out. Maybe an American Son Harry, Kraven's daughter, new Rhino & new Vulture?

Also, wasnt the EE set really the TRU Exclusive, they just partnered with EE to sell it at the show?

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope not but i think that new Astonishing X-Men look might be a set. IDK why but it seems high profile enough editorial-wise.

I hope you're talking about the ones in the regular Astonishing X-Men and not these new, god-awful, obscenities they are wearing in X-Men:Xenogenesis.

Outback X-Men (to go with Betsy):

Dazzler

Longshot

Brown Wolverine (not that I want it)

Colossus (shirtless & bulkier)

I'd LOVE to see this set (especially if we could swap out the wolverine for an 80's Rogue) - but for some reason, i'm not too confident we'll see this one :(

If the upcomming Warpath/Xavier set features a current X-force Warpath (Black & Grey), then i reckon we'll be seeing a Modern Era X-Force with an repainted Death Archangel, Wolfsbane, Domino & obligitory Wolverine variant.

I'd be even happier to see a 90's X-Force with Domino, Feral, Cannonball & Shaterstar (if it's a classic Warpath we see in the two-pack)

I'm pretty sure that the appearance of LockJaw & the recent badgering means we'll be seeing an Inhumans set. I'd predict a Medusa, Gorgon, Battle Damage/Screaming/Variant Blackbolt and [insert 4th character here].

And in the 'highly Unlikely' category - i'm hoping we'll see something like a War of Kings set with Lilandra, Gladiator, Deathbird & Gabriel Summers to tie in with the inhumans set (maybe with a Ronan & Crystal TRU pack). . . . but i'm not holding my breath on that one.

I wouldn't be against this if it mean seeing a more current looking Storm & White Queen. A decent 'Cat' Beast and Abigail Brand would be welcome additions as well.

I hope you're talking about the ones in the regular Astonishing X-Men and not these new, god-awful, obscenities they are wearing in X-Men:Xenogenesis.

yeah, I meant the Xenogenesis versions. They look like a cross between a baseball team and the dudes who do my lawn.

An updated FF had huge potential for roll out as does some X-Men like Nightcrawler, Domino, Armor & Colossus.

I'm pretty sure that the appearance of LockJaw & the recent badgering means we'll be seeing an Inhumans set. I'd predict a Medusa, Gorgon, Battle Damage/Screaming/Variant Blackbolt and [insert 4th character here].

Take your pick:

1. Karnak - the Royal Family's smart guy. Loyal to Black Bolt. Big head. Knows Kung Fu.

2. Maximus - Black Bolt's brother. Recurring villain of the Inhumans stories. Looks just like The Beyonder, only skinnier.

3. Triton - Karnak's brother. Fish person who's a dead ringer for The Savage Dragon.

Personally I wouldn't mind getting Karnak or Triton in the boxset. But Karnak kinda gets the more important roles in a bunch of the stories, and Maximus is a villain who's also an easy part reuse so on paper that should make him a must-have. Everybody forgets Triton. :(

And in the 'highly Unlikely' category - i'm hoping we'll see something like a War of Kings set with Lilandra, Gladiator, Deathbird & Gabriel Summers to tie in with the inhumans set (maybe with a Ronan & Crystal TRU pack). . . . but i'm not holding my breath on that one.

I'm not feeling optimistic about every other set in your proposed wave (:(), but I would eat my hat if we didn't get a Crystal Minimate along the line somewhere. From here Ronan the Accuser shall be my new campaign.

DST, Make Ronan the Accuser!!!

An updated FF had huge potential for roll out as does some X-Men like Nightcrawler, Domino, Armor & Colossus.

Armor would be ab awesome addition! it'd be a LOT of extra sculting though. We'd be looking at something similar to Iron Monger or Hulk-Buster, but for a lesser known character.

Still - if they could rig a Hisako basic fig, with removeable, translucent red/pink energy armor - i'd buy the set for her alone.

scratch what i said earlier about the siege packs what i really want is

ARMOR WARS PACK 1

-----------------------

ironman(stealth(maybe centrian stealth)

ironmonger

titanium man(is it mk 2?)

the controller

ARMOR WARS PACK 2

-------------------------

the captain(this would make sense so even if it doesnt make it to the cap pack it will get made)

beetle

stingray

firepower

and also maybe a ghost/hammer 2-pack

Edited by robomate

I'd love to see one of the following:

NEW X-MEN: - Anole - Rockslide - Pixie - Dust (maybe Mercury or Armor?)

YOUNG AVENGERS: - Wiccan - Hulkling - Patriot - Kate Bishop

MOST WANTED AVENGERS: - Mockingbird - Tigra - Black Knight - Falcon

NEW DEFENDERS: - Hellcat - Hellstorm - Gargoyle - Moondragon

I'd love to see one of the following:

MOST WANTED AVENGERS: - Mockingbird - Tigra - Black Knight - Falcon

^

As much as I would like to see this happen I doubt it will be just like this. They will throw in Ronin/Hawkeye and maybe a big name Avenger in there that we have already had before. Even so, I imagine it would make a great set.

I think a Fantastic Four set is the only sure thing of all of these. Chuck all but guaranteed it in the chat didn't he?

I'm hoping to see some modern X-Force guys to round out the Wolverine/X-23/Warpath group. Hopefully we will get a X-Force Archangel, Wolfsbane, Domino + someone else.

I would like to see a heroic age Thunderbolts as I mentioned in another thread. A modern Luke Cage, a new Hulkbuster-esque Juggernaut, Man-Thing and Crossbones would be pretty decent, and I think Cage and Juggs give it enough big name star power to move a few units.

On top of these I can't really think of anyone I really want to see made... maybe Mr Sinister... a modern Wasp... a new Cable without the huge shoulder pads, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Edit: And a Hulk I would actually want to purchase!

Edited by Killek

I think a Fantastic Four set is the only sure thing of all of these. Chuck all but guaranteed it in the chat didn't he?

I don't know about that, didn't he just say there might be more FF on the way? That could just have been a reference to the new Thing mate. I mean I agree the Reed and Thing mates are good signs that there might be a FF set in the mix, but really that Reed was a logical second character for a WWH pack, and The Thing is in one of the new Avengers line-ups, so I wouldn't assume anything yet...

I have an extremely reliable source* who says that Great Lakes Avengers are happening this year sometime:

Mr. Immortal

Squirrel Girl (with both Monkey Joe and Tippy Toe pack ins)

Doorman

Big Bertha

Flatman pack in

*My source's name is Ben, he's 3 years old and when I mean he's extremely reliable, I mean you can rely on him to laugh when you make fart noises on his belly and to say yes when you ask him if they'll make Minimates out of the Great Lakes Avengers. Take it for what it's worth.

Edited by groundhog7s

I have an extremely reliable source* who says that Great Lakes Avengers are happening this year sometime:

Mr. Immortal

Squirrel Girl (with both Monkey Joe and Tippy Toe pack ins)

Doorman

Big Bertha

Flatman pack in

*My source's name is Ben, he's 3 years old and when I mean he's extremely reliable, I mean you can rely on him to laugh when you make fart noises on his belly and to say yes when you ask him if they'll make Minimates out of the Great Lakes Avengers. Take it for what it's worth.

Mind if I quote your source in a MMHQ article? :lol:

At SDCC... I'm getting a big X vibe from DST lately... so...

1 X-men (90's)

2 X-force (90's)

3 New mutants

T.

Interesting... any predictions on lineups?

X-Men: Jubilee, Bishop, Colossus... who else is left? Iceman, I guess, but his look from this era was pretty much what we got in the set with Firestar. Unless they decided to give him add-on ice pieces so you could build out his chunky "ice elemental" look. In which case I would totally crap my pants.

X-Force: I'm guessing Feral (Beast parts), Domino (fan favorite), Shatterstar (as goofy as the character was, he was also kind of bad-ass), and Cannonball (an X-staple).

New Mutants: This could get interesting. Would it be the original team, or fan favorites from throughout the team's history? I wonder if they would recycle Cannonball to reuse his (theoretical) blast effect piece from the (theoretical) X-Force set? To be honest, if Warlock made the cut, the rest of the set would be gravy for me no matter who was in it.

At SDCC... I'm getting a big X vibe from DST lately... so...

1 X-men (90's)

2 X-force (90's)

3 New mutants

T.

Hmmm... this seems reasonable.

The X-Force set has got to have Cable and Deadpool for sellers, and Shatterstar and Domino seem likely.

90's X-Men would probably include an updated Wolverine and Colossus and Bishop, and the last member, Jubilee.

New Mutants had 4 members, so I would obviously consist of Moonstar, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, and Sunspot.

Interesting... any predictions on lineups?

X-Men: Jubilee, Bishop, Colossus... who else is left? Iceman, I guess, but his look from this era was pretty much what we got in the set with Firestar. Unless they decided to give him add-on ice pieces so you could build out his chunky "ice elemental" look. In which case I would totally crap my pants.

X-Force: I'm guessing Feral (Beast parts), Domino (fan favorite), Shatterstar (as goofy as the character was, he was also kind of bad-ass), and Cannonball (an X-staple).

New Mutants: This could get interesting. Would it be the original team, or fan favorites from throughout the team's history? I wonder if they would recycle Cannonball to reuse his (theoretical) blast effect piece from the (theoretical) X-Force set? To be honest, if Warlock made the cut, the rest of the set would be gravy for me no matter who was in it.

There will be tears and upset words if we don't see a Jubilee or a Mullet Bishop sometime soon. It'd be great to see someone like MR Sinister get a release too - although he might be better suited in an 80's x-men set.

I'd be pretty happy if we got a Feral in an XForce set. As for New Mutants, if we got Warlock & Karma, i'd be pretty damn happy too as i think they (along with doug) are the biggest longshots)

The X-Force set has got to have Cable and Deadpool for sellers, and Shatterstar and Domino seem likely.

I don't think we'd be seeing another Cable so soon after the current one. It's a bit soon for re-release, unless they made him a 00's x-men Cable, but then he wouldn't really fit in with the 90's X-Force.

If we are going for a Cable-esque variant, i'd REALLY like to see a Stryfe get made!

Edited by Nessex