UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

I don't know if this has been said before, but isn't it weird that the Hulkbuster armor is based off of the Bowen Designs Hulkbuster instead of the comic book version? I'm not complaining, I just think its interesting to note that. Have there been other Marvel minimates that have nothing to do with the comic versions? <_<

that didn't make any sense to me... due to my lack of knowledge on the subject, nothing more. So i googled 'bowen designs hulkbuster' ... see what you mean, that IS the minimate we're getting. So... please pardon my ignorance, whats Bowen Designs? has the Hulkbuster never looked like that in the comics? Mine only actual experience with anything Hulkbusteresque was the v.different suit Tony wore in WWHulk

do78lk.jpg

I'm assuming that's what RX meant. Quite frankly, that armor is fugly; it's like Iron Man + shoulder pads..and i thought Rob Liefield wasn't doing much drawing anymore. :P The Hulkbuster we ARE getting is SILL comic based though; it's not like Bowen created it and DST used theirs. It's been around for years.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has been said before, but isn't it weird that the Hulkbuster armor is based off of the Bowen Designs Hulkbuster instead of the comic book version? I'm not complaining, I just think its interesting to note that. Have there been other Marvel minimates that have nothing to do with the comic versions? <_<

that didn't make any sense to me... due to my lack of knowledge on the subject, nothing more. So i googled 'bowen designs hulkbuster' ... see what you mean, that IS the minimate we're getting. So... please pardon my ignorance, whats Bowen Designs? has the Hulkbuster never looked like that in the comics? Mine only actual experience with anything Hulkbusteresque was the v.different suit Tony wore in WWHulk

do78lk.jpg

I'm assuming that's what RX meant. Quite frankly, that armor is fugly; it's like Iron Man + shoulder pads..and i thought Rob Liefield wasn't doing much drawing anymore. :P The Hulkbuster we ARE getting is SILL comic based though; it's not like Bowen created it and DST used theirs. It's been around for years.

oh aye... that is the one i've seen in action, so to speak.

The Vault Guard is a borderline example: under all the armor he's pretty comic-accurate. Everything else was intended as a homage to the old Hasbro(?) action figure.

perhaps this is the one for doom? i haven't found what the vault guard looks like yet.

http://www.mania.com/content_pics/000005/9...aa902_large.jpg

Dr Baghead posted a link to the Toy Biz Vault Guard in the Easter Egg thread. I personally like homage-to-older-toy figures. It works well when DCUC and so far it's working well with Minimates too.

robomate got it right on the head. I like the Bowen Designs version rather than the comic version. I don't like the comic book versions boots. That one looks like a ballerina. :P The WWH version never really peaked my interest to be honest. Edited by rx78jj

Didn't Bowen, and anyone else who's made Hulkbuster lately, just base it off Granov's updated version?

IM012.jpg

Which is an improvement over the original, and far better than the WWH version.

Yup, the IM2 Comic Series Hulkbuster seems to be based off of this.

I must be the only one who somewhat liked thew WWH Hulkbuster. Not enough to replace the old one, but it was pretty cool. I actually have the Superhero Squad one standing in until they make a Minimate of it, which could take a while. :D

Iron Man vol. 1 #304

Iron-Man-304-page.jpg

Was updated later as pointed out above.

It came along lonnnnng before that boxy monstrosity.

They picked the right version to make, no question.

Edited by sha_ckwave

can you guys tell me more about this version of betsy???

When Psylocke first joined the X-Men she wore this:

post-2001-1273956813_thumb.jpg

As she didn't have physical powers and this is way before she gained her martial arts mastery, she was sort of a liability in battles, so around Uncanny X-Men #232 she donned the suit of armor.

post-2001-1273957437_thumb.jpg

In that issue she was thrown out of a window 3 stories up and was relatively unhurt. She wore this outfit almost the entire time that the X-Men were in Australia in the late 1980's. After she went through the Siege Perilous she was kidnapped by Mandarin and changed into the Asian ninja that we know the best.

hey, thanks for the info! i'm still REALLY rusty when it comes to my early 90s mainstream comicbook knowledge (i stopped reading or collecting marvel AND dc funnybooks around 1990... and i didn't get back into 'em again until around '98 or so).

karamazov: thanks for the link.

Edited by velvet

Wow!!! I didnt know that the Hulkbuster armor came out again, or is it just the comic cover that it comes out in or does it really play a part in the comic?

WOW!!! I want to read the actual comic now. Cool story.

Apparently a "Director's Cut" Extremis Series starts shipping tomorrow; i'm assuming they're extended issues of Extremis with a few pages of comments by the creators. They're doing this for all 6, so i'm assuming so.

I know i'm picking it up; you might wanna give it a look. :blush:

With all these cool armors I hope they'll re-release the Stealth with the new parts featured on the latest classic version. I also hope they'll release the Heroes Reborn armor as well as the Space and Deep Sea armors.

Get out of my head MM :) - Just yesterday I started re-reading IM from the heroes reborn series reboot and was thinking we need a minimate of that armor, I kind of really dig the retro mask look that it had! :)

As for the stealth, it would be good to get a new one to match all the shiny armors. I've been looking at making a custom for a while and think they should reuse Wolverines shoulderpads to get the angular look for the epilets without bulking it up?

Me I'm holding out for the Arctic armor, something we only saw in a few panels but a very unique look for IM.

And that's with out more bad guys lets start with: Blizzard, Ghost (old school please!), Madame Masque, Living laser (make him clear yellow please), Whiplash/Backlash, Whirlwind and given the amount of sculpting DST has been doing lately I'd forgive them going over the top with the moldings to make a Fin fang foom too :)

T.

I'm with you TBT! Having more of Iron Man's rouges gallery would be awesome. Lets cross our fingers for an updated Titanium Man.