UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

I always liked the Purple Girl more than Psylocke and the whole gimick about her turning asian never sat well with me. I think shes a relitavely useless choice that will be sent directly to the fodder bin but hey, Im always happy to see obscure characters. Looking forward to Lockjaw so I can put Blackbolt on display. Couldnt justify displaying him alone. Hulkbuster is going to make me buy a display case just for my Iron Man mates. Happy to see all the IM variations too. This wave may be a little Tony heavy but who cares the armors are all cool. Packing them with Stiltman and The Dynamo dont hurt either. Gamma Hulk is a waste. We should have gotten Hulk in his armor from Jarellas world or maybe a mid transformation Banner/Hulk or something.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a mid transformation Banner/Hulk or something.

that'd be a v.nice mate indeed... pack it with Wendigo or something.

from what i can tell, the hulk face/hair look pretty good, and the mate as a whole doesn't look too silly bulk/size-wise... could bode well for a new normal hulk, similar to the defenders set one, just a little bigger.

oh, and lockjaw... hulkbuster... incredible! i understand TrU are after exclusives, but getting regular releases so far ahead of LCS, etc. really takes the piss, i'm not impressed at all on their behalf. i'll get hold of exclusives through here, ebay,etc... but will always wait to get the others elsewhere, out of priciple if nothing else

Edited by bobafett

Showing some more British Betsy luv.

Maybe they can repaint Selene's hairpiece lavender and include it?

post-2001-1273893864_thumb.jpg

I was thinking a purple version of either Menace's hairpiece or Jean Grey's from the first appearance box set. Heck, I'd even accept a purple version of the hair from the movie Black Widow. That'd look fierce in a lighter shade!

Edited by Binaryan

Now I've got my hopes up for a SDCC Inhumans box set. It works perfectly: pack Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon and Triton in the 4-pack. Then later on, follow up with a Human Torch/Crystal 2-pack (since they seem to be rolling out FF members).

That's got to be the plan. I feel like Columbo solving a mystery.

Now I've got my hopes up for a SDCC Inhumans box set. It works perfectly: pack Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon and Triton in the 4-pack. Then later on, follow up with a Human Torch/Crystal 2-pack (since they seem to be rolling out FF members).

thats exactly what i was thinking...............also on an unrelated note for some reason im expecting the next armybuilder pack(wave 38) to be a mindless one/dr strange(bluemask) and then either brother voodoo or clea for the variant

Edited by robomate

I'm hoping we get the whole Royal Family. Maybe if there's an FF/Inhumans Wave they could have an Alpha Primitive army builder with a Maximus variant :)

thats exactly what i was thinking...............also on an unrelated note for some reason im expecting the next armybuilder pack(wave 38) to be a mindless one/dr strange(bluemask) and then either brother voodoo or clea for the variant

That Inhumans box set and two pack sounds like it would make perfect sense. I hope thats the plan...

A Mindless One amry builder would rock but we'd need to somehow get Dormammu too. I'd also rather get a masked or trench coat Dr. Strange than a reissue of the Defenders set mini.

Oh man oh man oh man. I bet noone ever thought it would be possible for us to start building the Pet Avengers team. :lol:

A disturbing implication of Lockjaw's bio though: the way it's written, you'd really think he was some poor Inhuman schmuck whose unfortunate Terrigen mutation literally reduced him to being the Royal Family's mutt. :(

Also, anyone else notice how Stilt Man's helmet looks to be a clever reuse of Yellowjacket's?

re: stilt man's helmet: nice call, bro! it IS a re-use of the yellowjacket mask, ain't it? and i am absolutely LOVING that 'mate... can't wait to get my grubby lil' paws on that bad boy.

I am so psyched for Betsy! I wish they would have used Magdelena's hood and hair piece for this one instead of the pointy Moon Knight hood but, that said I am SOOOOOOOO excited for this one. She is one of my favorite characters EVER!!!! I actually bought an extra Magdelena to do a Betsy custom, now all I have to do is match the cape color to the hood and I'll have a perfect outback Psylocke! yay.

i guess i really don't know the betsy braddock character very well. this is an earlier version than the 90s era one?

can you guys tell me more about this version of betsy???

side note: d'oh! sorry about the double post, gang! :(

Edited by velvet

can you guys tell me more about this version of betsy???

When Psylocke first joined the X-Men she wore this:

post-2001-1273956813_thumb.jpg

As she didn't have physical powers and this is way before she gained her martial arts mastery, she was sort of a liability in battles, so around Uncanny X-Men #232 she donned the suit of armor.

post-2001-1273957437_thumb.jpg

In that issue she was thrown out of a window 3 stories up and was relatively unhurt. She wore this outfit almost the entire time that the X-Men were in Australia in the late 1980's. After she went through the Siege Perilous she was kidnapped by Mandarin and changed into the Asian ninja that we know the best.

Dinobot, She's the twin sister of Captain Britain and was born Caucasian with blonde hair. She dyed it purple after she became a supermodel in the UK. Her Asian body belonged to a Japanese assassin named Kwannon. Unfortunately for Kwannon, HER mind was put in the Caucasian body and contracted the Legacy virus. For a while she helped the X-Men under the code name, Revanche:

post-2001-1273966997_thumb.jpg

She had her lover help her commit suicide rather than die of her illness.

I hope they don't give her the psi blade or a katana. That was after she went thru the Siege Perilous and wasn't something she could do when she wore this costume. She would be perfect with a translucent pink butterfly to clip on her head but I'm sure that's way too much to hope for. I'm content to have her as shown, the Outback X-Men are my favorite era from the series. I wish Hasbro would do an 8 pack of 3 3/4 inch renditions of them down under.

ZOMG. Finally, I can die a happy man. Hulkbuster!!!!!!! I have been waiting so freakin long for this figure. :lol: I am sooooo gonna buy four of these. Hopefully they arent the ones that are one to a case. So help me, if they are, I'm screwed.

Edited by rx78jj

I am glad to see Lockjaw as one of the exclusives, but I would rather of had Medusa paired up with him.

The Hulk Buster Iron Man looks sweet, though I wish the Gamma Hulk was glow in the dark!

Either way I am always glad to add some new mates to the collection.

I hate to be a nay-sayer, but judging from the pics on the AA website, i can't see anything packed in next to Betsy. Not a purple hair-piece, not a TK katana, not a TP Butterfly effect. :(

I am glad to see Lockjaw as one of the exclusives, but I would rather of had Medusa paired up with him.

Medusa would have been a more logical choice, but I think Betsy is made out of reused pieces to save money (Moon Knight cape). I've wracked my brain about how they would do a Medusa hairpiece. Maybe the hair would work as a stand as well? Maybe DST doesn't feel the extra work involved to be worth it? Lockjaw, himself is an entirely new sculpt. maybe they want to see how well he sells first. Just speculating, though. I have no idea why they choose who they do.

I've wracked my brain about how they would do a Medusa hairpiece. Maybe the hair would work as a stand as well?

I've been using Starfire's hair for my Medusa quick-custom, but I would love to see her get her own "hair action stand" (that sounds wrong :P) a la Stretch Attack Mr Fantastic.

I hate to be a nay-sayer, but judging from the pics on the AA website, i can't see anything packed in next to Betsy. Not a purple hair-piece, not a TK katana, not a TP Butterfly effect. :(

I'm betting the Selene hair piece will be included in a purple color. It's probably the only hairpiece that will fit with that cape design. I actually want to get two Betsys to display with the hood and without. The Australia era of the X-men is one of my favorite periods in X-men history. Here's an interesting bit I found about the armor Betsy wore back then.

"Psylocke's body armor is a unique suit of armor worn by Psylocke. The first appearance of the armor is in Wolverine Vol 1. #5. Wolverine had the armor custom ordered through a firm named "Landau, Luckman & Lake" for a colleague (presumably Psylocke). Mr. Chang, an agent of Landau, Luchman & Lake, loaned the armor to Linsday McCabe since she had been sent to him by Wolverine. Issues #6-7 of Wolverine Vol. 1 feature Tyger Tiger wearing the body armor. Tiger get's trapped in the armor due to a built in security mechanism, but Wolverine gets her out before she is in any real danger. Psylocke wore the armor from issue #232 of Uncanny X-Men to issue #251. The impervious nature of the armor allowed to go out into the field with the group more often than she was able to before."

Page0010.jpg

I'm not much into the Inhumans but here's to us getting the complete set of Inhumans and Outback X-men in the near future!!!

I'm betting the Selene hair piece will be included in a purple color. It's probably the only hairpiece that will fit with that cape design. I actually want to get two Betsys to display with the hood and without. The Australia era of the X-men is one of my favorite periods in X-men history. Here's an interesting bit I found about the armor Betsy wore back then.

I hope we at least get the hair-piece . . .

I'm not much into the Inhumans but here's to us getting the complete set of Inhumans and Outback X-men in the near future!!!

Seconded.

Also - LOVING your new avatar :)