UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, with Thor, Frog of Thunder, in the Pet Avengers... how does that work? I mean, does Thor just sit around waiting for Lockjaw to call, then he turns into a frog?

Pet Avengers Throg isn't really Thor... IIRC he was some regular frog who was somehow deemed worthy of wielding his own version of Mjolnir, kinda like an amphibian Beta Ray Bill.

I believe he was saving his froggie friends from the evil NYC rats in Central Park and had come across a piece of Mjolnir and became Throg. It's been a while since I've read the story but the first mini-series is better than the current Unleashed mini. I still love the banter between Hairball and Ms. Lion! :lol:

Page

Actually Throg is a man who was cursed into being a frog.

You see, his wife died and he couldn't take it so he did what any sane man would do and hit up every soothsayer he could find in an attempt to talk to her one last time. Of course he ran out of money as he went to the one witch that could help him out, and kinds stiffed her with the bill. She got angry and banished him to the Central Park swamp as a frog. Some time goes by and Thor ends up in the same swamp as a frog. The To-Be-Throg watched Thor rise up to defeat some evil rats or something, and found the inspiration to be a hero. Ultimately he found a splinter from the mighty Mjollnir, struck it upon the ground and found himself Throg, defender of the swamp.

I'm kinda a big fan. Check out his highlights.

So yeah, don't get me wrong I'm stoked about getting Lockjaw, and I would kill to get a Throg, but I just still think it's an odd choice.

Aha! So Throg is something completely different from Thor, Frog of Thunder. Now that I'm done being lazy, I found this entry on Comic Vine. He wields Frogjolnir. That's great.

LOL, package him with a "Do you think this letter on my head stands for France?" variant Ultimate Cap!

New head and hand sculpt!

If you released that Cap, there is only one figure he could be packaged with:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Brad_Bentley_%28Earth-616%29

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

DST unveils a wave with five armored guys, a Hulk, a telepath and a teleporter, and seven pages later we're all rambling on about dogs, frogs and Frenchmen. :teehee:

Edited by NorthRaider

Did I mention how much I love this Psylocke costume! Does anyone know if the Moon Knight cape has a removable hood, or if the cape and hood are one piece? It would be awesome to be able to remove just the hood and add a purple hairpiece while still wearing the cape.

937122-mxm_ch_013_psylocke_super.jpg

Did I mention how much I love this Psylocke costume! Does anyone know if the Moon Knight cape has a removable hood, or if the cape and hood are one piece? It would be awesome to be able to remove just the hood and add a purple hairpiece while still wearing the cape.

yes the hood is removable

Edited by robomate

yes the hood is removable

YES!! here's hoping for a purple hairpiece!!!