UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was exciting and all [and boy, I can't wait til these show up!], but I'm still ind of on tenterhooks for what they've got planned for SDCC, if anything. There's a lot of stuff coming out then that I'll be after and I'm gonna have to budget like mad.

As excited as I am about LockJaw, am I the only one that's kinda surprised we saw this before we saw Kang?

I'm just saying, that of all the characters to make Lockjaw seems low on that list, not to mention a pre-ninja psylocke.

Oh well, I guess I can use her as Revanche if I ever want to reenact early 90s X-Men with my 'mates.

As excited as I am about LockJaw, am I the only one that's kinda surprised we saw this before we saw Kang?

No. The only reason Kang has not been made is because people have been asking for him. Had we all been asking for a Lockjaw, it'd have been Kang/Betsy coming out. DST is just crazy that way.

That's why we need to ask for more Spider-Man/Wolverine packs.

No. The only reason Kang has not been made is because people have been asking for him. Had we all been asking for a Lockjaw, it'd have been Kang/Betsy coming out. DST is just crazy that way.

That's why we need to ask for more Spider-Man/Wolverine packs.

While that would make sense to me (if I were in charge at DST, I would probably never release Kang just to spite all those hassling me about it every time I turn around), it runs counter to their recent behavior. They actually seem to cave to fan bitching more than not nowadays. Deadpool, Cap Britain, extra BSG TRU wave, Red Skull, etc. etc.

... or maybe they're waiting for Kang to reappear in Marvel comics' editorial mandate? They are usually pretty updated on the big comic book events, after all.

Clearly what needs to happen is for Kang to re-retcon Spidey's marriage back into existence :lol:

I'm just saying, that of all the characters to make Lockjaw seems low on that list, not to mention a pre-ninja psylocke.

I'm surprised at the specific choice, but not that we got something obscure before 'bigger' characters. I mean it's not like the Marvel line started at Spider-Man and worked it's way down the list... character selection has always been all over the place.

Also Lockjaw does have his own comic book right now. Kang not so much.

Edited by battlecat

Oh man oh man oh man. I bet noone ever thought it would be possible for us to start building the Pet Avengers team. :lol:

A disturbing implication of Lockjaw's bio though: the way it's written, you'd really think he was some poor Inhuman schmuck whose unfortunate Terrigen mutation literally reduced him to being the Royal Family's mutt. :(

Also, anyone else notice how Stilt Man's helmet looks to be a clever reuse of Yellowjacket's?

... or maybe they're waiting for Kang to reappear in Marvel comics' editorial mandate? They are usually pretty updated on the big comic book events, after all.

Clearly what needs to happen is for Kang to re-retcon Spidey's marriage back into existence :lol:

ok so the fact that Kang is going to be the first villian in the relaunched heroic age avengers book should help push him up the list from never to maybe?

Jeff of the Miniacs

19588389_1.jpg

Voila!

anyone think he might come with thor frog?

I have to say, I do want a Thunder Frog now. That was a truly... bizzare storyline.

How much you bet they don't go anywhere near that one for the Thor movie.

19588389_1.jpg

Voila!

anyone think he might come with thor frog?

I have to say, I do want a Thunder Frog now. That was a truly... bizzare storyline.

How much you bet they don't go anywhere near that one for the Thor movie.

I'm sure Dr. Thor-human will have a pet frog. Marvel likes being jerks like that. :P

So, if an American toy store gets exclusive figures of international heroes, that should make a Sunfire/Banshee 2 pack an exclusive for wave 8. At least I can dream, right?

Ha ha - you and me both, buddy.

A disturbing implication of Lockjaw's bio though: the way it's written, you'd really think he was some poor Inhuman schmuck whose unfortunate Terrigen mutation literally reduced him to being the Royal Family's mutt. :(

I'm not actually up on Inhumans mythology - is this not the case? I assumed he was a human turned into a teleporting dog based on the Bio. . .

Now that you mention it, they have been pretty spineless awesome of late. Or maybe they have just been so focused on not making Kang, that all this other stuff has just kind of slipped through.

With all the great characters and costumes we've been seeing lately, i'd be reluctant to question DST/AA's behaviour.

With all the great characters and costumes we've been seeing lately, i'd be reluctant to question DST/AA's behaviour.

Not really questioning their choices. I couldn't be happier with the recent selection. Guess my sarcasm didn't come through.

So, with Thor, Frog of Thunder, in the Pet Avengers... how does that work? I mean, does Thor just sit around waiting for Lockjaw to call, then he turns into a frog?

I'm probably going to need Miry to back me up on either these, but...

I'm not actually up on Inhumans mythology - is this not the case? I assumed he was a human turned into a teleporting dog based on the Bio. . .

Comic canon has sorta stayed up in the air on whether Lockjaw really is a regular Inhuman person who got mutated into a dog or whether he's a regular mutated dog. The former had been implied once or twice (mostly when Quicksilver, Karnak and Gorgon decided they wanted to play a really sneaky prank on Ben Grimm), but given that most Inhumans regardless of mutation still retain a measure of sapience and Lockjaw had rarely been depicted as anything other than a loyal team pet (outside of the Pet Avengers title at least), I'm really leaning towards the latter.

So, with Thor, Frog of Thunder, in the Pet Avengers... how does that work? I mean, does Thor just sit around waiting for Lockjaw to call, then he turns into a frog?

Pet Avengers Throg isn't really Thor... IIRC he was some regular frog who was somehow deemed worthy of wielding his own version of Mjolnir, kinda like an amphibian Beta Ray Bill.

Pet Avengers Throg isn't really Thor... IIRC he was some regular frog who was somehow deemed worthy of wielding his own version of Mjolnir, kinda like an amphibian Beta Ray Bill.

I believe he was saving his froggie friends from the evil NYC rats in Central Park and had come across a piece of Mjolnir and became Throg. It's been a while since I've read the story but the first mini-series is better than the current Unleashed mini. I still love the banter between Hairball and Ms. Lion! :lol:

Page

I believe he was saving his froggie friends from the evil NYC rats in Central Park and had come across a piece of Mjolnir and became Throg. It's been a while since I've read the story but the first mini-series is better than the current Unleashed mini. I still love the banter between Hairball and Ms. Lion! :lol:

Page

Actually Throg is a man who was cursed into being a frog.

You see, his wife died and he couldn't take it so he did what any sane man would do and hit up every soothsayer he could find in an attempt to talk to her one last time. Of course he ran out of money as he went to the one witch that could help him out, and kinds stiffed her with the bill. She got angry and banished him to the Central Park swamp as a frog. Some time goes by and Thor ends up in the same swamp as a frog. The To-Be-Throg watched Thor rise up to defeat some evil rats or something, and found the inspiration to be a hero. Ultimately he found a splinter from the mighty Mjollnir, struck it upon the ground and found himself Throg, defender of the swamp.

I'm kinda a big fan. Check out his highlights.

So yeah, don't get me wrong I'm stoked about getting Lockjaw, and I would kill to get a Throg, but I just still think it's an odd choice.

Edited by funkguerilla

Lockjaw's appearance has probably something to do with the recently announced 'Inhumans' movie. They've cast the characters but it's not crystal who's playing Lockjaw*......... or who's taking the lead?

*Mutt Damon has been suggested but whoever's playing Black Bolt is keeping very quiet about it.