UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

This pic makes it look like "Neo Classic" Iron Man is angry for stepping in something... :D

Ha! :lol: And even Psylocke and Silver Centurion are looking over like "Gross."

These look cool, but have to be one of the most unexpected line-ups ever. Is Betsy-in-pink associated with anything in particular, boxset-possibility-wise?

im totally dumb about excalibur but im pretty sure this is her costume for this team this would work with the recent shadowcat,captain brittan and hound rachel

Edited by robomate

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These look cool, but have to be one of the most unexpected line-ups ever. Is Betsy-in-pink associated with anything in particular, boxset-possibility-wise?

80's "Australia" X-Men maybe?

It could make sense after how well the 90's X-Men stuff has done lately(Deadpool wave in particular)

Longshot?

Dazzler?

80's Colossus?

Magneto as team leader?

Edited by youbastards

DUDE.

This is very exciting! Indicates an Inhumans box is on the horizon! AND LOCKJAW IS COOL.

I love suprises! This is the best Marvel action figure line, ever!

Perhaps there is another Inhuman underneath Lockjaw’s exterior.

Just an observation here, but how is it on the Halo thread there's so many people saying they're tired of over-sculpting on Minimates (especially armors) to where you almost can't tell it's a Minimate, yet everybody loves Hulkbuster (which should have been a sitcom)? Just curious if it's because the sculpts are different or if it's just because Hulkbusters is just way cooler than Halo.

Just an observation here, but how is it on the Halo thread there's so many people saying they're tired of over-sculpting on Minimates (especially armors) to where you almost can't tell it's a Minimate, yet everybody loves Hulkbuster (which should have been a sitcom)? Just curious if it's because the sculpts are different or if it's just because Hulkbusters is just way cooler than Halo.

my guess would be that the hulkbuster is supposed to look bulky and big where the spartans and such are supposed to be agile and practical with no mobility constrictions

Are the same people who dislike Halo liking Hulkbuster?

Personally, I think Hulkbuster looks OK, but the Halo Mates are far, far too "busy." So much so, that they almost don't look like Halo characters at all. And you couldn't well do a Hulkbuster Minimate at all without going the route they seem to go here. So though less sculpting may be preferable as a general rule of thumb, there are exceptions to the rule (another exception being Juggernaut, who I wouldn't mind seeing done up this way).

When you try to give a 2 inch figure too much sculpted detail, I think you sometimes end up with a mess like the Halo figures. So there might also be a distinction between having lots of sculpted parts and having unsightly sculpted excess. Unfortunately, they are the poster child for how to make an ugly Minimate, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

Howard ?

Howard didn't cross my mind - probably because he wears clothes. Howard's top half could be easily done - no idea how Minimate duck legs would look, though.

Not seen any of the recent Hulk figures then? ;)

Howard ?

Howard didn't cross my mind - probably because he wears clothes. Howard's top half could be easily done - no idea how Minimate duck legs would look, though.

I imagine a rounded lower-torso cover, a more embellished one than they did for Wolverine Movie Blob. Duck legs might be "shortened" feet a la Penguin from DCD, with webbed deco. Would still look pretty weird, but that's the approach I imagine they'd take. Put him in a two-pack with Forbush Man and sign me up.

Or better yet... Man-Thing or Dr. Bong! Add a Master of Quack Fu or Iron Duck variant and it's pure gold.

I imagine a rounded lower-torso cover, a more embellished one than they did for Wolverine Movie Blob. Duck legs might be "shortened" feet a la Penguin from DCD

We've seen something like this already, and despite the no C3 hole, I think it works:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=883

Every Hulk they release has me saying "Well maybe the next one will be properly sized..." but at least the Hulk Buster armour looks really cool. Someone mentioned it already, but I think I'm liking the Toys R Us waves even more than the regular ones lately.

It's just too bad that Wave 7 isn't on the list of Mates that Canadian Toys R Us will get.

I would have put money on Lockjaw being part of an Inhumans box set rather than getting a place in a 2 pack, cos he's a bit of an "out there" choice.

Love the Hulkbuster armour, very imposing :)

I'm speechless. Almost.

Pretty interesting wave. I find it humorous that in the last two TRU waves, my favorite two are in the TRU-exclusive sets. Hopefully Lockjaw and Hulkbuster Iron Man are as easy to find as Stretch Attack Reed and Mohawk Storm!

Wow. Lockjaw. That's really surprising, but I guess thanks to them making the Terror Dogs for Ghostbusters they must have figured out they could do this.

The inclusion of Psylocke rather then another Inhuman member is odd, but I'll take it as I like Psylocke.

The Hulkbuster Iron Man is definite want as I love new Iron Man armors. And while an updated Gamma Hulk is surprising rather then maybe just another plain Hulk or a cool variant like the Maestro, it'll do I guess.

I'm just thinking here...if TRU wave 7 is Iron Man/wave 36 themed. Maybe TRU wave 8 will, thanks to the wave 37 announcement, have the Jubilee many people want?

I really like all of these despite my ongoing reservations regarding scaling. If however I was comic book store proprietor I would be pretty pissed with these & what Minimates TRU are getting in general........& when they are getting it. The little logo on the back of the TRU packets are a bit of a slap in the face as well.......Comic Shop Locator Service :sad: I doubt if there will be ANY comic shops selling Minimates soon if TRU continues to dominate the sale of Minimates.

Edited by buttheadsmate

If however I was comic book store proprietor I would be pretty pissed with these & what Minimates TRU are getting in general........& when they are getting it. The little logo on the back of the TRU packets are a bit of a slap in the face as well.......Comic Shop Locator Service :sad: I doubt if there will be ANY comic shops selling Minimates soon if TRU continues to dominate the sale of Minimates.

Yeah, I share your concern. I've already watched most of my LCSs stop carrying Mates on account of DST's crummy shipping schedule. TRU getting the same sets plus other, better exclusives weeks in advance of LCSs is insult to injury.

However, I wonder if that's not part of the plan – to get TRU to go all in on Minimates, I wonder if DST has given them virtual "exclusivity" for the brand in general to sweeten the pot. With interest in Minimates seemingly waning among the LCS crowd, perhaps DST thought it was an acceptable sacrifice?

I really like all of these despite my ongoing reservations regarding scaling. If however I was comic book store proprietor I would be pretty pissed with these & what Minimates TRU are getting in general........& when they are getting it. The little logo on the back of the TRU packets are a bit of a slap in the face as well.......Comic Shop Locator Service :sad: I doubt if there will be ANY comic shops selling Minimates soon if TRU continues to dominate the sale of Minimates.

I have definitely lost a fair amount of business due to the TRU releases coming out before the comic shop releases. I'm sure other online retailers are in the same boat.

I hope this doesn't eventually shut your store down Luke, or any others for that matter. I like that TRU is bringing these to a wider audience, but it's a pain in the ass trying to track them down. I much rather pre-order a wave from Luke and guarantee that I will get it, than have to hunt them down at TRU and maybe find them.

BS

I have to say - i am truly stoked to be seeing a Betsy Braddock minimate! She alone makes this TRU wave total WIN for me. Lockjaw & GHulk are just bonuses :)

Psylocke shouldn't be a surprise, considering that DST seems determined to create a Minimate for every X-Men in existence lately.

Shhhhhh! don't say it too loudly, or you might jinx it for us X-Fans!

With Lockjaw breaking down the Marvel animal barrier, I now want a Zabu minimate pretty bad.
I think we should be happy that DST didn't classify Lockjaw as a 'vehicle'... :whistling:

Zing!

im totally dumb about excalibur but im pretty sure this is her costume for this team this would work with the recent shadowcat,captain brittan and hound rachel

I don't think Psylocke was part of Excalibur, although this is the costume she was wearing around the same period as classic / FA Excalibur came about.

Edited by Nessex

Wow! This wave sure came out of nowhere. HB IM and gamma Hulk are no surprise (it was a matter of time), but Lockjaw and Betsy Braddock are out in left field. Can't wait to get 'em. Uh... Turtle... Lobsterman are you guys listenning? ;)

In the comics the Modular Iron Man armor was underneath that version of the Hulkbuster suit. It would be sweet if a slightly reworked Modular Iron Man from the Iron Man box set was underneath all those pieces.

this would be awsome and it looks like it could work with all the peices covering up the under-body

I obviously don't speak for everyone here, but i only buy the exclusives from Toys R Us. I make sure that i buy the rest from LTS or my LCS. Because i'm outside the United States, there obviously isn't any temptation to buy directly from TRU - but i'd like to think that even if i WERE in the US, my habits would stay the same. I'm sure there are a lot of people, in the community here at least, who do the same thing.

Edited by Nessex