UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

I found remnants of this wave in NJ this weekend. No Hulk Busters but I did grab an extra Lockjaw/Betsy for my trade list

Where in NJ?? It'll give me and idea for if i should look Friday or not. :)

Still nothing, but IM2, or PART of it showed. We got Rhodies and LOTS of regular sets, but no Mk VI. So i passed.

EDIT: by no Mk VIs,i mean like they were replaced with extra Mk IVs or something by mistake. i counted. ;)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the mall tonight and was surprised to see a TRU. I have never seen a TRU Express in a mall. I couldn't find any minimates (or helppful employees). Has anyone else had luck at a TRU Express like this?

I stopped by the TRU in Memphis today. A nice employee let me know that someone had fairly recently cleared out all of the Hulkbuster sets. (I hope that was you, Dean.) The rest of the wave was clogging the marvel pegs and the IM movie pegs, so I'm not holding my breath for finding more of the exclusives. I went hoping to find the new IM stuff, but they have not gotten those yet.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like I won't make a drive this Thursday as there isn't much reason.

I was at the mall tonight and was surprised to see a TRU. I have never seen a TRU Express in a mall. I couldn't find any minimates (or helppful employees). Has anyone else had luck at a TRU Express like this?

I had A TRU Express in a mall in NJ around Christmas time. They had the Old Man Logan and Hawkeye and the Silver Surfer exclusive sets. I'm not sure if all of the Express store carry them but this one had Mates. Hope this helps.

I was out looking for a Batman:Brave and the Bold Action League Scarecrow and Chemo and found another Hulkbuster today...

If anyone is still looking for Hulkbuster but has access to the Action League Chemo set send me a PM, I'll pay the difference in trade for Hulkbuster... I'm just tried of hunting for that sets.

Edited by dr baghead

just found wave 7 & iron man 2 wave 2 today. glad i can stop hunting these, but the 2 hb/gh sets they had seemed to have a tampo issue on the gamma hulk. there is almost no detail to him at all. in fact the one i bought was even assembled backwards because of it. its pretty much just a clear green mate. the head, chestpiece, legs, everything..not the worst thing in the world but kinda strange. has anyone else found one of these?

oh, and hulkbuster is awesome! :)

A little off topic but I was in Frisco, TX today and found a Union Jack, Wonder Man that I had given up on long ago. :D

some stores are doing their inventory right now, the TRU near me is doing it. Maybe found one stashed around somewhere. Those kind of finds are awesome. I remember finding a dirty beat up Marvel Legends Dr Strange at target a few years ago and it rang up for 1.70

Finally got a chance to get to the TRU nearest to me and found one set of hb/gh which i snagged,and three sets of lj/bb along with a bunch of sets of the others,and two pegs full of iron man 2 second series.They also had new ghostbuster minimates in about 3 different spots :ninja:

Where in NJ?? It'll give me and idea for if i should look Friday or not. :)

TRU Lawrenceville. Rt 1 South. I plan on checking there again after work. If I find anything Ill let you know.

I stopped looking there after I got my last Lockjaw and HB sets. So there's less competition from me at least.

Well my TRU finally got the wave in.

All the exclusives, and ONLY the exxclusives, were gone. Dammit. :(

If that's the case always make a point of asking, at least twice in the store near me they had just put out what came out of the box first to fill the pegs and the exclusives were sitting in a box out back.

T.

I now have a picture in my head of Tony in his Hulkbuster suit & the Hulk enjoying a yarn & a sandwich whilst Lockjaw looks longingly at them both licking his lips & salivating. 'Besty' ,as I now find myself calling her, is on look-out & encouraging the lads to " hurry up 'cause they'll be coming back for us soon".

I am on my fourth beer.

I now have a picture in my head of Tony in his Hulkbuster suit & the Hulk enjoying a yarn & a sandwich whilst Lockjaw looks longingly at them both licking his lips & salivating. 'Besty' ,as I now find myself calling her, is on look-out & encouraging the lads to " hurry up 'cause they'll be coming back for us soon".

I am on my fourth beer.

today is what I like to call "Beer Friday". I have about 10 cold ones waiting for me when I get home from work. my weekly ritual. :)

The TRU that hadn't had a single Marvel 2-pack since the first Iron Man 2 wave (that was a long-@$$ time ago) finally got in the new comic & movie IMs.

They had 2 of each IM2 ex., but no comic ones.

I still have never seen a Hulkbuster in stores (got mine from a friend in NY), nor a second Lockjaw (I bought the first one I found).