UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

Hi guys-

I have two extra Besty/Lockjaw and two extra Hulkbuster/Hulk sets.

I worked hard for those. I'm hoping to sell those to a Minimate fan for $15 each. (The normal price for variants)

One set per collector, please. You pay shipping, too. USPS Priority Mail $6.

PM me if interested.

Thanks.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys-

I have two extra Besty/Lockjaw and two extra Hulkbuster/Hulk sets.

I worked hard for those. I'm hoping to sell those to a Minimate fan for $15 each. (The normal price for variants)

One set per collector, please. You pay shipping, too. USPS Priority Mail $6.

PM me if interested.

Thanks.

That's funny. My TRU only charged me $6.99. Did they raise the price at your store when they saw 'variant' written on the package? I think they might be trying to rip you off. You should take them back and complain to the manager.

Yeah, that is weird. All the TRU packs I pick up for other members are $6.99 also. I definitely think you got ripped off.

Hey, take it easy, fellas, he worked hard for those. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were accusing a guy who's posted here nine times in the last three years of trying to make a quick buck.

I bought some on ebay or evil-bay as it's called in this circles and stumbled into two more sets at my local TRU and bought them all for approx $8 each.

I thought I could sell some on those boards to help recoup my losses on ebay and I just wanted to be sure those who don't have a set gets a chance to buy some instead of buying more on ebay...if you feel you can get a better deal on ebay, feel free to do so.

My hard work consisted of going to 5 different TRUs on my way from San Diego to Los Angeles. I made those stops twice on one round trip.

It's just... people who have been here a while tend to do each other favors instead of trying to recoup losses. No doubt you want to make some money back on your loss, but it looks predatory when you come into the discussion thread and hawk your wares like that. Especially when you spin it like you're doing everyone a big favor by offering these at a mere 100% markup rather than the prices someone could find on ebay.

We have a flea market section of the board if you're only here to make money, and no doubt, this is a very well-targeted audience for doing that. People just get prickly when you act like you're part of the gang and pull that kind of stunt.

Oh I bought Hulkbuster/Hulk for $16.52 not including shipping on ebay.

Besty/Lockjaw for $15 not including shipping on ebay.

Both Hulkbuster/Hulk and Besty/Lockjaw for $39.99 not including shipping on ebay..

So I am not making money.

I was afraid of bringing this up because of what is happening.

I thought I would go on this specific part of the message boards so those who want those Minimates could have a chance at them.

I frequent those boards. I may not post often, but this is the number one source of Minimate information for me.

I can take those Minimates off the market on this board, no problem.

Hulkbuster at last! And yaknow what... he is a nifty little bugger isn't he? I do like him.

And if anyone is near Buford GA, the TRU at the Mall of Georgia has 2 Betsy Braddock/Lockjaws. I didn't want them so I thought I'd tell you guys.

No more Hulkbusters though. I got lucky. Someone hid one but not too well... Muhahahahaha...

FYI groundhog.....no new mates (today - Thursday is new truck day) at TRU on the northside of Indy.

Thanks-I won't waste my time. Like I did tonight by driving to Lafayette. The only thing worse than not finding the exclusives (again) was finding the remnants of a second case that was put out sometime after the last time I was there. I feel destined not to find these in a store.

And Mattman, my (public) apologies if I came across as offensive. It was just an easy jab at someone by agreeing with Ivan and it was something I shouldn't have posted.

Another truck day... another swing and a miss for Massachusetts.

I don't get it... we've gotten every exclusive in decent numbers up here, but they've skipped us thus far.

Luckily it looks like I may have some help from a friend from another board, but I really would have preferred to see these actually hit stores.

I wonder with the whole 20 sets online and the distribution from TRU not reaching everyone if we're looking at a shorter run here with this exclusive wave?

Jersey is still dry. Been checking everyday for a week now. Looks like we got more GB2 mates but nothing on wave 7... lame. I plan on grabbing 2 hulkbusters to trade one, I'm pretty much specifically looking for Battle Damage Mr. Fantastic and WW Hulk so if you got one and need to bust some hulk, I'll post something once I get 'em.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

No sign of the Hulkbuster or Betsy around here but the rest of the wave was in. This was North Point Mall in Alpharetta.

Thankfully I'm not TOO fussed about Hulkbuster. I'd like to have it but it's no big deal really. Maybe Mall of Georgia...

None in South Georgia either.

Nothing in eastern NC yet. GB series 4 has been restocked, but no sign of anything Marvel, be it Iron Man 2 or these. Plenty of Wolverine/Captain Americas though.

Looks like eBay for me. Hopefully the auction I have my sights on doesn't turn sour in the final hours.

Just got my Hulkbuster in the mail (from that $15 BIN auction) and it's awesome, though the helmet is kinda soft and warped a bit. Don't know how I'll fix it but it looks crooked sitting on the armor.