UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally got my grubby lil' mitts on the betsy braddock/lockjaw 2-pack (very nice set!), but i still haven't been able to score the hulbuster iron man/gamma hulk set.

i have one question, though: IS the coloring on the hulkbuster iron man minimate's armor comicbook accurate???

Did you find them locally Velvet?

well, i only found the betsy braddock/lockjaw set, but yeah--- i found it at the TRU on dixie.

thanks again for giving me a heads-up a few weeks ago when these suckers first hit louisville, bro. i'm still kicking myself for being out of town and not checking my email sooner. :(

Here is a side by side of the Hulkbusters both Marvel Universe and Minimate.

post-955-1278817829_thumb.jpg

thanks for the pic, man! both versions are actually pretty damn close in detail AND color.

If any of you guys are anywhere near Boardman, OH.....that's where I picked up my Lockjaw/Betsy & HB Ironman/Gamma Hulk this weekend while visiting my family.

Sadly I only had $20 in extra cash on me so could only get one of each but it did look like they had 2 more of each on Saturday.

Absolutely love both sets.....I do hope everyone will get a chance to find them, I think I just got really lucky.

Well, I broke down and got these off of evil-bay <_< But man, was it worth it :biggrin: HB is in my top 5 of all time mates for sure! Now I need to track down Lockjaw/BB set. Probably hit up my local TRU this week, and I'll grab any extras that I see... if I see any.

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

well, i only found the betsy braddock/lockjaw set, but yeah--- i found it at the TRU on dixie.

thanks again for giving me a heads-up a few weeks ago when these suckers first hit louisville, bro. i'm still kicking myself for being out of town and not checking my email sooner. :(

I almost picked them up for you....kicking myself for not going ahead and doing that.

Just got my first of two sets today. These guys do indeed rock. As said by other board members in this very thread, one cannot appreciate HB IM until he's actually in your hands. AMAZING mate!

This is crap.

How the F do you skip distribution on a new wave to an entire region (New England) of the country?

I have friends across my state (MA) blanketing all of the TRUs here, and friends in NH, VT and ME covering the limited amount of TRUs up there... and not a sniff of the latest wave... exclusives or otherwise.

The only state I don't have covered is CT... not sure if they hit there but I doubt it.

And then, you only sell 20 or so sets online, and don't limit purchase quantities?

Crap I tells ya.

:whistling:

This is crap.

How the F do you skip distribution on a new wave to an entire region (New England) of the country?

I have friends across my state (MA) blanketing all of the TRUs here, and friends in NH, VT and ME covering the limited amount of TRUs up there... and not a sniff of the latest wave... exclusives or otherwise.

The only state I don't have covered is CT... not sure if they hit there but I doubt it.

And then, you only sell 20 or so sets online, and don't limit purchase quantities?

Crap I tells ya.

They have landed in CT and I found them in Manchester. But this was the second TRU I hit because West Hartford was cleaned out.

They have landed in CT and I found them in Manchester. But this was the second TRU I hit because West Hartford was cleaned out.

May I ask when that was ?

If it was a week or so ago, then you guys got them the same time Jersey/Philly/NY got theirs... they never made it as far as MA... at least not yet.

If it was recent, like this past weekend, there's hope for us yet.

I also realize I neglected to mention RI in my post... rest assured, through this past weekend they had not received them at Warwick TRU, or the MA TRUs near Providence (Seekonk, North Attleboro).

If we hadn't already gotten the newest Ghostbusters wave last week I'd be less worried about it... those came in full force... but not the new Marvel wave for some reason. And although there are a couple stores that are still choking on stuff from the last wave, the majority of the TRUs up here have the peg-space for them. :confused:

May I ask when that was ?

If it was a week or so ago, then you guys got them the same time Jersey/Philly/NY got theirs... they never made it as far as MA... at least not yet.

If it was recent, like this past weekend, there's hope for us yet.

I also realize I neglected to mention RI in my post... rest assured, through this past weekend they had not received them at Warwick TRU, or the MA TRUs near Providence (Seekonk, North Attleboro).

If we hadn't already gotten the newest Ghostbusters wave last week I'd be less worried about it... those came in full force... but not the new Marvel wave for some reason. And although there are a couple stores that are still choking on stuff from the last wave, the majority of the TRUs up here have the peg-space for them. :confused:

It looked like it was this past weekend. I just got lucky. Hope this helps.

This is crap.

Crap I tells ya.

What part of Mass are you located in? I'm in central MA (Brookfield to be specific) The closest TRU to me is in Auburn. Haven't been in about 2 weeks, but last time I checked there was nothing but pegs clogged with old stuff.

BS

Two of my TRUs have not gotten a sniff of the wave. Two others I've visited have had the wave, but only one exclusive (Lockjaw) that I promptly grabbed. Board members on here have reported grabbing the exclusives from 3 other TRUs in surrounding areas.

This is the f***ing Moonstone & Warpath debacles all over again. :wallbash:

I've never seen a Bullseye/Moonstone (or Angel/Warpath) pack in stores, the same way I've never seen a Hulkbuster pack in stores. I got mine from a friend in New York (just came in the mail yesterday).

I was in Indiana over the 4th of July weekend, and my friends & I hit up a TRU. Found the whole wave, no exclusives.

Heck, not only have I already gotten the new Ghostbusters packs, I even managed to find another whole complete set for a friend. I've seen one Lockjaw pack, and I bought it!

I was in Indiana over the 4th of July weekend, and my friends & I hit up a TRU. Found the whole wave, no exclusives.

Just curious, which store in Indy?

When I checked again last weekend, one store had the wave minus exclusives and the guy over the action figure section swore it must've been from the truck put out the night before since they had been moved to a different aisle (his panties were all in a bind that they weren't in the right spot and that I had found GB wave 4 in a different area then it was supposed to be also). If that was true, then that was the second case of wave 7 they received and the exclusives were gone the first day. I have suspected all along that this would be like the Angel/Warpath sets all along, but for some reason I never put it together that that meant I'd have a hard time finding any of this wave.

We went on the 3rd, and it was by...crap, I don't remember. It was my first time in the area. My friends live in the suburbs of Indianapolis. It was only, like, 20 minutes from their house. We went to a grocery store after that. It was called...I don't remember that, either. "Graham" or something like that?

I can find out specifically which TRU, if you want me to, lol...my friend works there now (he didn't when we went, because he'd just moved into the area).

What part of Mass are you located in? I'm in central MA (Brookfield to be specific) The closest TRU to me is in Auburn. Haven't been in about 2 weeks, but last time I checked there was nothing but pegs clogged with old stuff.

Live in metro west, work all over the state, mostly Boston and North shore. Auburn is one of the ones that won't be taking new stock very well... lots of Loki/Thors there.

The reason this is discouraging is they've had great distribution on the last few exclusive waves... this seems like a massive step back.

I can find out specifically which TRU, if you want me to, lol...my friend works there now (he didn't when we went, because he'd just moved into the area).

Just curious if you were infringing on mine or Ninja Mate's territory, but if you didn't finding any I guess there's no harm. :tongue:

So, I guess the important thing is, can your friend work his way up in the company and bring some change? Or at least get some more cases ordered?

I almost picked them up for you....kicking myself for not going ahead and doing that.

dude, i am just really touched that you thought of me--- that is really cool of you! it means a lot to me.

and i still have my fingers crossed that maybe the outer loop TRU in louisville will re-stock this series...

No sign of the Hulkbuster or Betsy around here but the rest of the wave was in. This was North Point Mall in Alpharetta.

Thankfully I'm not TOO fussed about Hulkbuster. I'd like to have it but it's no big deal really. Maybe Mall of Georgia...

Got the exclusives today! There's hope yet for the mid-west stores. :woot:

They were in the 'Collector Toy' aisle, but not with the rest of the Marvel/Ghostbuster 'mates, they were near the Superman/He-Man 2-packs, on their own.

Still no new IM2 exclusives though. <_<

Edited by youbastards