UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punisher's review is excellent & well worth the view but it must be said that the Hulkbuster hype needs to be kept at a manageable level & subliminal messages..... meant in fun which I of course appreciate.....that Hulkbusters are selling for $50.... won't help anyone! Hulkbuster sets are selling on ebay for about $20-24 which isn't outrageous for something as desirable as it obviously is....... but is still plenty enough & too much for me . The 'Mutt' set's value is beyond my comprehension ....probably my loss.....but I can't see that one holding up.

....& another thing,the caption on the back of the packet for Hulkbuster ....WTF ?

well... i just won the 2 exclusive 2-packs on ebay for $30, which... being in the UK, isn't TOO bad. Like i've said before, I am not a fan of 'the hunt' at all, and have no way of taking part, I just want to get the whole 'tracking them down' out of the way.

I know I may well be in the minority, or not looking at the bigger picture, etc... but TrU's influence, perhaps even dominance over minimates these days are v.much pushing me away from collecting, and these days i'm skipping more and more sets.

It worries me that I was able to find GB series 4 easily in my store, but still no sign of Marvel series 7, which came out first, right?

Should I also be concerned that I was able to buy the Ghost Busters from my store, yet still haven't received any sort of shipping confirmation for the ones I preordered from their website so many moons ago?

I think I'd like this whole TRU deal more if they were at least consistent in their shittiness, as opposed to getting some sets on shelves right away and taking upwards to two months for others to finally trickle into stores, or getting some sets for preorder online (and actually shipping them relatively soon after release) and others you have to keep clicking refresh to catch them as soon as they pop up so as not to miss out when they sell out not 10 minutes later.

Should you be worried? Yes, it's Toys R Us.

I'm still bothered I pre-ordered the GB2 packs as soon as they hit the site and then got a notice they were back-ordered. As much as I love what they've done for Minimates, I hate what they've done to the collecting experience.

These just went up at TRU.com. Aaaaaand they're out of stock.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4345683

Damn. Looks like there is no limit to the amount you can put in your cart for the other figures, which explains why they didn't last long.

Edited by karamazov80

I bought a pair of hulkbusters off Ebay in the end, I know i Paid a fortune for them, but i only collect Iron man and Captain america mates so i can justify it that way,

I completely echo the sentiments of bobafett its getting harder and harder to get minimates except from Luke and Ebay, and then you factor in living in the UK, we should be lucky for the occasional pack at forbidden planet and even luckier to find then at a LCS, Toy'r'us may be great for DST shifting their products but for collectors its becoming an issue

I know what you guys mean, if I didn't have a couple of really cool US guys helping me out I wouldn't be collecting Minimates anymore. Oftentimes the TRU stuff is better than the main line stuff these days, which makes it even harder to want it!

I know what you guys mean, if I didn't have a couple of really cool US guys helping me out I wouldn't be collecting Minimates anymore. Oftentimes the TRU stuff is better than the main line stuff these days, which makes it even harder to want it!

oh yeah, certainly... i've had plenty of great US-based individuals offer to help get exclusives, etc. which i'm so so very grateful for, but even they're having trouble finding stuff in-store at the moment.

TrU need to get their stuff together

The website had them..........Damn that's irritating.........

Needless to say I made a stop today and sure enough, no Marvel wave 7 at all but a whole case of Ghostbusters series 4 was sitting there waiting for me......so I figured I'd buy at least the Statue of Liberty pack and hope the Minimates Karma gods will take heed in my offering of buying something from the shelf and provide me some Marvel wave 7.

......or have I gone a bit too far in my thinking......

I found another batch of these (plus the new Ghostbuster minis) at the TRU in Atwater Village in Los Angeles. They had pretty much everyone, but only one Hulkbuster (which is amazing, BTW) which I grabbed.

Just a heads up.

Oh, also, that Hulkbuster was hiding in the overstock so, A- Don't forget to peek up there when you're looking. and B- If someone on this board hid it up there, I'm totally the one that stole it. Sorry about that. But hey, at least I'm not a scalper. Right?

Just an observation regarding ebay prices on this Wave:

The items now hitting are mostly true auctions rather than BINs which should give us some reality rather than blind panic :D From what I've been seeing the Hulkbuster set generally sells for about $20 whilst the Lockjaw set sells for a little less. There are also plenty of them for sale which is encouraging because this has never been the case with the Angel/Warpath sets. I can also see a good sprinkling of members here selling them which is their business & none of my business & I'm not condemning or applauding it.....is that enough disclaimers?........but in my humble opinion that is very short-sighted because trading those items here will gain you far more in the long term than a quick buck on ebay.