UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

A 'buttheadsmate type' ? Maybe you'd like to elaborate ?

One who generously spins opens the door to his vault to help MMMV members fill in crucial gaps in their collections?

That's what I took from that statement.

:highfive2:

Wow! I've been away and haven't been able to heck the boards, but ^ this is exactly what I meant. Are you always this defensive against praise bhm?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too had a good experience at my local Toys R Us. I went in today and started looking for the minimates and found them. It quickly turned into sadness when I only found the Crimson Dynamo and Stilt Man sets. My fiance was with me at the time and she immediately told me to not get mad and/or sad. She told me to talk to an employee. I was negative about the whole thing and kept saying that they wouldn't have any left. But she was persistent and I ended up getting one of the assistant managers to look for another case of minimates. I hear from one of the managers that the Hulkbuster was one per case, and I was thinking to myself wow that sucks. Well, I managed to score two Hulkbusters and I bought two Stilt Man to try and achieve the two foot tall mark that was mentioned by a fellow member. I also got the Betsy and Lockjaw, but I'm not opening that one yet. Basically they were helpful. :biggrin:

Edited by rx78jj

Happy to see everyone finding their sets so easily!! It's certainly better than horror stories of the past, so here's hoping we're finally out of that stage!! Thisis certainly a different place when we're all experiencing goo fortune rather than having "Friends and Foes" incidents, and i like it. :) Good for all of you; enjoy those 'mates!! :)

I'll be checking tomorrow, hopefully, both for the sets and the TRU DCUC Flash. I was lucky enough to find a DST Commander Adama last time, so here's hoping my karma is just as good for tomorrow!! I really want that Hulkbuster!!

You're so lucky Chaz. I know you really wanted that Betsy! But not as bad as I do! Can you post more pics of her with her hair piece. I love that she comes with a hair piece.

Sure! No problem...

post-2001-1278042996_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1278043008_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to get my hands on that outback Psylocke she rocks!!

Well much to my surprise I found this wave in Portland ( Jantzen beach) today!

I didn't expect them for a couple of weeks at least, looks like TRU is getting better at the distrib with these.

I found a whole slew of SC/CD and IM/SM paks on the pegs but only one HB/GH and no Lockjaw/BB packs. The peg was totally full so I went and found a TRU guy, he'd helped me before and smiled and said " more minimates?" when he saw me walking up clutching a set, he checked and said they only had 3 sets out back so I was probably out of luck. I said the pegs had all the same sets and that I hoped the 3 packs were those I was looking for and smiled and went to check. Yep those sets were the ones I wanted and he asked who I was lookingfor and happily handed them over!

I guess my story is to say that the guy was super cool and helpful so I'm posting to counter some of the TRU employee horror stories!

T.

p.s. I haven't opened the lockjaw set yet but the hulk buster is awesome :D

Awesome - glad you got yours! I just got back from the Tigard TRU and they they had both the Hulkbuster and the Braddock sets. Picked them both up! Guess it pays to look every once in a while.

Scalpers cleaned out all five TRUs in my area. Aaaargh! They even hit my secret ghetto TRU between the beer factory and the medical marijuana shop. It always came through for me! Nothing but Stiltmans and Crimson Dynamos remain.

I need the plastic crack! Time to update my want/have list. I'll pay cash money or trade for the new TRU exclusives.

i was able to pick up the entire set a few days ago. as luck would have it there was still one hulkbuster pack when i got there.

as much as i love getting extra pieces (hands/feet etc.) what is the rationale behind giving an extra pair of normal sized hands/feet for hulk? isn't he already too small in 2" form? why would i want to make him even smaller?

i was able to pick up the entire set a few days ago. as luck would have it there was still one hulkbuster pack when i got there.

as much as i love getting extra pieces (hands/feet etc.) what is the rationale behind giving an extra pair of normal sized hands/feet for hulk? isn't he already too small in 2" form? why would i want to make him even smaller?

It's more for the Purists who like the older, simpler look to Minimates; the option of not having bulky fists or Duck Feet.

Got a message today from my sister that she was able to find the Stiltman 2 pack for me, so good news there.

But I did call my local TRU and found an Extremely wonderful and helpful employee that took her time in finding out which sets were in stock and what if any were in the stockroom, sadly nothing new had come in yet but I now know who to ask for when looking for stuff!

This morning I had to drive an hour and a half to collect a deliquent payment from the person that bought my house (to insure I actually got something) and thought maybe I could justify the drive more by looking for wave 7. I found it, but of course the exclusives were gone. It's really looking like you've got to find this wave right when it hits or else you won't get them. Thankfully I found a 6" BSG Boomer on clearance for $7.48 so it wasn't a total waste.

This morning I had to drive an hour and a half to collect a deliquent payment from the person that bought my house (to insure I actually got something) and thought maybe I could justify the drive more by looking for wave 7. I found it, but of course the exclusives were gone. It's really looking like you've got to find this wave right when it hits or else you won't get them. Thankfully I found a 6" BSG Boomer on clearance for $7.48 so it wasn't a total waste.

Were you able to collect the payment from the guy?

Found them @ TRU in Bellevue, WA

Stilt Man rocks, haven't opened the exclusives yet. No QC problems, though, on the ones I've opened.

Arg. Frustration starts to set in.

Both Lynnwood and Everett had fresh new cases on the pegs... minus all the exclusives!