UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! that kind of reasoning makes me feel crazy lucky for finding any exclusives at retail let alone all of them to date

Banners, I've noticed in some of your previous posts that you and I live in approx the same area, and we sometimes shop at the same Toys R Us stores, and have even mentioned the same comic book stores a few times.

That said, as someone who never found Moonstone & Bullseye, Union Jack & Wonder Man or Warpath & Angel at retail, and had to pay through the nose for most of them on ebay, allow me to say: I hate you. lol...

(Just kidding man, just kidding.)

(But seriously, when you find these things, you've gotta hide a pair of the shortpacks behind the Barbie Dolls or something, then shoot me a PM so I can go find them. You always seem to beat me to the punch when the new waves hit, lol.)

PS.

This is kindof what I was talking about in my last post. It isn't always scalpers that are picking stores clean, sometimes it's just another collector beating you to the punch. Based on the shopping locations he's mentioned in the past, I'd bet serious money that me and Banners have checked the same stores on the same days at LEAST once in the past, and probably scooped something out of one another's hands. [He probably usually beats me though, since I'm lazy, and refuse to get up at the crack of dawn most of the time, lol.]

There's obviously no way of knowing for sure, but like I said, if I had some cosmic way of proving it, I'd bet money it's happened.

As someone who's in the same area as well, any time I find the TRU exclusives, I grab them all in order to help other board members out. Obviously, I want one of each pack for myself, but I don't need "extras to keep MIB" (which I think is BS, especially with something so limited) or to make money off of. I get so aggravated when I don't find them, I want to save others from that same feeling, especially since so many people on here have soothed my disappointment (I never saw Bullseye/Moonstone or Angel/Warpath in stores - ever).

So, I offer to any DuPage County (or surrounding area) residents: PM me your phone number, and if I happen upon extras, I'll let you know. I would like nothing more than to help others out. I know for a fact there are scalpers out here, and ones that prey on Minimates, so I'd rather one of you get what you want, than one of them.

------

As for those with stores with a surplus of BSG 'Mates, can any of you get your hands on the Tory/Anders pack? I need a few Anderses for lazy customs, please... :unsure:

Edited by TENIME_art

Clearance on BSG mates? How much were they?

$4.98 a pack....not bad since i was looking for some civilian type fodder.

That was the shelf price for the ones in my store, but there was also a tag for an additional discount... another 25% off, so $3.73 was the ring-up price. As Mr. Butt said, these are good mates. Now my 1 stealth cylon now has a stealth buddy to do stealthy stuff together... stealthily.

Speaking of the BSG being clearenced I went by TRU today and they are infact clearance but TRU is having a sale where you get an additional 25% off I scanned the 2 packs and miniflyers. The 2 packs are $3.43 and the miniflyers are a little over $7. I am going to pick a couple up tomorrow. Anyone else want some? PM me.

Edited by minimadman

Here's how I put the TRU exclusives into perspective. Take the Hulkbuster pack for example. Indiana is a state with over 6 million residents and there are 9 Toys R Us stores in the entire state.

I can honestly say that this is the nuttiest thing I've ever read on here. The Greater Houston Area has 9 million people in it. There are 12 TRUs within an hour and a half of me, reasonably. I say that reasonably, on a bad day Houston takes 5 hours to get across if you don't know where you're going.

I forget how small everyone elses places are. And here I am complaining about having to drive 10 mins to a TRU cause there's not one in town. :P

Speaking of the BSG being clearenced I went by TRU today and they are infact clearance but TRU is having a sale where you get an additional 25% off I scanned the 2 packs and miniflyers. The 2 packs are $3.43 and the miniflyers are a little over $7. I am going to pick a couple up tomorrow. Anyone else want some? PM me.

Ooh, thanks for the heads up. I hope this is chain-wide. I've been waiting for the flyers to drop in price to get them, and wouldn't mind a few extra skin-jobs at that price.

Also, to keep this somewhat on topic, still waiting for the new TRU wave to invade the northeast.

I'm in Modesto, Calif. and the TRU here got wave 7 last week. There were two Hulkbuster packs and two Lockjaw packs and I grabbed 'em. I only need one of each, and I've been drooling for a wave 28 Deadpool. Anyone want to trade W28 Deadpool (with accessories, of course) for the two two-packs? PM me if so.

p.s. Sorry if this should instead be in the want/have section - I just thought people who were hunting for these specific mates would be more likely to see this here.

UPDATE - Someone has now spoken for the 2 two-packs. Thanks for your interest!

Edited by jawfin

Here's how I put the TRU exclusives into perspective. Take the Hulkbuster pack for example. Indiana is a state with over 6 million residents and there are 9 Toys R Us stores in the entire state.

I can honestly say that this is the nuttiest thing I've ever read on here. The Greater Houston Area has 9 million people in it. There are 12 TRUs within an hour and a half of me, reasonably. I say that reasonably, on a bad day Houston takes 5 hours to get across if you don't know where you're going.

Las Vegas is a hair under 2 million and has 4 TRUs... I do feel fortunate... :blush:

As another Hoosier, I wanna say I'm damn lucky to at least LIVE in Beech Grove, which is in the center of Indianapolis, which is at the center of Indiana. I have three TRUs that are a semi-reasonable distance from me. One time, I went to all three looking for a Transformer. She was packed with ONE other. At both that had recieved the case, I saw a SHITLOAD of the one I didn't want, but NONE of the one I did. Tell me that isn't scalpers.

Clearance on BSG mates? How much were they?

$4.98 a pack....not bad since i was looking for some civilian type fodder.

That was the shelf price for the ones in my store, but there was also a tag for an additional discount... another 25% off, so $3.73 was the ring-up price. As Mr. Butt said, these are good mates. Now my 1 stealth cylon now has a stealth buddy to do stealthy stuff together... stealthily.

$3.73 is correct, I didn't even notice that on my receipt.....I saw the tags but assumed that was the price on the tag with discount.

I think with wave7, I might check every couple of days.....with work and all, don't have a lot of time. Plus I have my sister checking back home at hers as well, so I'm hoping either gets them soon.

Ok so from what I've seen so far, it seems people in the East are already getting their hands on these. One person in California got his hand on them. Anyone in Texas seen them around? I'm in West Texas. Two TRU's and one an hour away in New Mexico. I must get my hands on my favorite version of Psylocke!!!

As another Hoosier, I wanna say I'm damn lucky to at least LIVE in Beech Grove, which is in the center of Indianapolis, which is at the center of Indiana. I have three TRUs that are a semi-reasonable distance from me. One time, I went to all three looking for a Transformer. She was packed with ONE other. At both that had recieved the case, I saw a SHITLOAD of the one I didn't want, but NONE of the one I did. Tell me that isn't scalpers.

Animated Arcee? She and Cybertron Ratchet are 3 each to a case, but the demand for her was huge at first.(including with scalpers) Now it's not too hard to find her at a decently updated TRU. Ironhide and Rodimus are going to be even worse come August.

Animated Arcee? She and Cybertron Ratchet are 3 each to a case, but the demand for her was huge at first.(including with scalpers) Now it's not too hard to find her at a decently updated TRU. Ironhide and Rodimus are going to be even worse come August.

I just saw a few of those Animated Arcee's today actually! I'm not a Transformes fan but I had to stop and take a look since I remembered that character from the old cartoon. She looked pretty cool. But my TRU isn't that updated if i can't find WAVE 7!!

Edited by Serge_Havok

the second a Transformers was mentioned... i'd jumped to the assumption it was animate Arcee... wasn't she packed with Cybertron Rachet?

Ok so from what I've seen so far, it seems people in the East are already getting their hands on these. One person in California got his hand on them. Anyone in Texas seen them around? I'm in West Texas. Two TRU's and one an hour away in New Mexico. I must get my hands on my favorite version of Psylocke!!!

I'm in the East and I haven't found these yet. Of course, my store sucks, so that might make a difference.

I'm in the mid-west, and my store still has 12 packs of Series 6 on the shelf, so I'm not anticipating these anytime soon.

Yeah, I think someone has already mentioned that series 7 has the same SKU # as series 6. I was told last night that none of the 3 stores in my area have any on order. I'm not ready to start buying up series 6 in the "hope" of them getting in series 7.