UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The non-Marvel Minimates tend to go up for preorder on the TRU site, but the Marvel ones just tend to show up whenever, and vanish almost as quickly.

And these aren't on shelves in eastern NC yet. Full peg of series 6, but no sign of 7 yet. Full peg of GB series 3 also. And we've almost gotten rid of all the Wolverine and BSG sets too!

I missed out on these today at the Memphis TRU. I see Turtle was able to pick up his set, so I'm happy for him. The only one that I'm just dying to have is Betsy Braddock/Psylocke/Revanche as I'm a huge 90's X-Men fan. I would love to have all of them, but I was hoping to be able to at least get her. Hopefully, I'll be able to find one eventually, but the Memphis TRU (there is only one now) is hit or miss with Marvel MiniMates.

Maybe I will be able to get them if/when they hit TRU.com... :)

Edited by 3Dean

After a harrowing Friday afternoon drive, I found these at my local TRU. Well, almost. They had the entire wave except for the Hulkbuster Iron Man/ Gamma Hulk (or whatever).

It's cool though because all I really wanted was Lockjaw. You guys wanna see some pictures?

Hope you like em!

post-2762-1277511832_thumb.jpg

post-2762-1277511844_thumb.jpg

post-2762-1277511853_thumb.jpg

post-2762-1277511865_thumb.jpg

post-2762-1277511874_thumb.jpg

Found a set here in California at the Foster City TRU. Got the last complete set, with only a couple of stiltman left on the hangers.

Hopefully these will be plentiful like the last ghostbuster wave still sitting around.

Good luck out there!

I missed out on these today at the Memphis TRU. I see Turtle was able to pick up his set, so I'm happy for him. The only one that I'm just dying to have is Betsy Braddock/Psylocke/Revanche as I'm a huge 90's X-Men fan. I would love to have all of them, but I was hoping to be able to at least get her. Hopefully, I'll be able to find one eventually, but the Memphis TRU (there is only one now) is hit or miss with Marvel MiniMates.

You can say that again... and I drive over from Jonesboro, Ar when I get a chance... which isn't too often.

Can anyone list the UPCs for these?

I tend to ask the staff at my TRU for new marvel minimates and they just kinda look at me funny.

UPCs?

The bar code....... so instead of them looking up minimates in their computer and them telling me, Oh we have Battlestar Galactica. I want to call them and have them just look up the UPC and tell me yes or no if they have them so I don't continue to waste my time hunting them down.

Needless to say, I stopped by mine after work...... Nothing in Monroeville, PA....going to check another tomorrow.

i went to my TRU today cause the employee i spoke to over the phone said they had 4 cases in today. But when i got there...went to the shelf...a bunch of thor/lady loki....asked the rep. on the floor...she went in the back and came back and said that "they have em in the back but the store manager isnt putting them out till mon. morning upon open" what!!? I asked to speak with him, he said that they got theirs in TOO early and because no other stores in the region have em yet, they have been instructed not to put them out till monday morning. I then went on to make a mess of things and argue that when a toy line is released...its released! And that the manager shouldn't be under any obligation to "hold back" so to speak. I sensed an inside deal somehow lol, and accused them of something. He assured me that all the cases in their entirety will be on the rack on opening mon. And then i assured him i would be the first in the door on opening to see if he was telling the truth.

Has this ever happened to anyone? hahaha? i feel conspired against, not sure whether to laugh or cry. This is california by the way. And havent heard any news out of here, so he may be legit, but still, smells fishy and severely dissapointing. what would stop an employee manager team from purchasing the exclusives on their own accord and then selling em. is it legal? Cause its something i would think about if i worked there, new toy series...check ebay...jackpot.

when i worked at TRU we had street dates for movie stuff like spider-man 3 but I cant imagine Minimates having some type of embargo. Yes, it sounds strange, especially since I am sure the employees know when the little silver sticker can equal big money in the initial release.

I drove 30 minutes to the nearest one to find the remains of a case (missing the short-packed good stuff of course). The other stuff was damaged enough to not even justify getting for anyone, but I was smart enough to have a back-up plan. Another 15 minutes down the road is another TRU that usually no one goes to (unless you're going to the nearby adult novelty shop or tatoo parlor) and I had called ahead just in case my usual store didn't have any. Once I had gotten the lady on the phone to understand what I was looking for, she assured me they had plenty. So I piled the four kids back in the van (with the A/C that just stopped working) and we drove out of our way knowing we'd at least find some there. Well, it would seem that 'plenty' consists of one Storm/Klaw pack and nothing else. When I asked somebody if they had more and explained why I came, they said they had a truck come in and they'd go check. When they came back, they said the manager said that they wouldn't know what's on the truck until it was unloaded tonight and she'd suggest since I knew exactly what I was looking for I should call ahead first and see if they had it before driving there. You know, like I had already done before wasting my time and adding an extra 30 minute drive to my night. And I know that more than likely they're on the truck and I can't, and wouldn't, drive an hour and a half tomorrow on the chance that they'll really be there for real. Overall, I just don't get the logic of any of the TRU exclusive non-sense, but then it has to get complicated by poor customer service (and I know I'm not alone). I wish Toys R Us could figure out there's a bunch of people trying to give them their money, but they don't want to do the right things so they can take it.

And the worst part was driving home (in the heat) for 45 minutes, empty handed and mad-that's the part that sucks the most. :verymad:

Edited by groundhog7s

I asked to speak with him, he said that they got theirs in TOO early and because no other stores in the region have em yet, they have been instructed not to put them out till monday morning.

At this point is when you should have asked for the number for his district manager or corporate complaint person, so that person can explain to you why the store manager wants to risk losing a guaranteed sale. That would have gotten the cases unpacked for you in a jiffy. ;)

Got mine today, full shelves, i picked up an extra hulkbuster pack if anyones willing to trade for any battle beast promo. Hope we get to see a thorbuster armor soon.

You can say that again... and I drive over from Jonesboro, Ar when I get a chance... which isn't too often.

I felt pretty lucky to have found my set. If I run accross some spares to spare, I'll let you guys know.

Some more pics (They're not the best, but hey):

Notes: HB IM uses the same colors as movie IM. It looks great, but it doesn't match any of the comic stuff. The potenital for a green blank is more exciting than clear Hulk. Betsy's cape works better than Moonknights. As you can see, she can stand without falling. Lockjaw is actually kind of boring as far as Minimates go, but he pairs perfectly with Black Bolt.

post-850-1277522296_thumb.jpg

post-850-1277522320_thumb.jpg

post-850-1277522339_thumb.jpg

post-850-1277522355_thumb.jpg

post-850-1277522371_thumb.jpg

post-850-1277522387_thumb.jpg

post-850-1277522400_thumb.jpg

post-850-1277522600_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turtle

when i worked at TRU we had street dates for movie stuff like spider-man 3 but I cant imagine Minimates having some type of embargo. Yes, it sounds strange, especially since I am sure the employees know when the little silver sticker can equal big money in the initial release.

I worked at TRU -- before I knew what minimates were -- & can say that this does sound weird. Not all of the emps would have known, but the guys in charge of the "action figure" section (where 'mates are located) would.

About a year after I left, the head guy in charge of that section got fired. Management found out he was pulling the variants/exclusives from the cases as he unpacked them (after truck, but before putting them out on the floor). As employees, we could "hold" stuff for ourselves for a few days (we each had a space in back) that we wanted to buy. He was pulling all the good stuff (believe you me he was up on everything in his section), buying it with his emp discount & scalping it on eBay. When he was fired (& mgmt was pissed at him when they found out), he said he didn't care because he had so much stuff that he wouldn't need to work for quite some time.

So yeah.... certain employees would know. I'd go back & be there right as they opened on Monday. I'd bet that this happens everywhere. (BTW, this is how he was discovered. Not the "minimate embargo," but that stuff had just come in on the truck & first customer in was a collector that cried foul when the more exclusive of the items were already gone.)

thank you for the pics,I thank everyone for there pics I cant wait to get these!!

I felt pretty lucky to have found my set. If I run accross some spares to spare, I'll let you guys know.

Some more pics (They're not the best, but hey):

Notes: HB IM uses the same colors as movie IM. It looks great, but it doesn't match any of the comic stuff. The potenital for a green blank is more exciting than clear Hulk. Betsy's cape works better than Moonknights. As you can see, she can stand without falling. Lockjaw is actually kind of boring as far as Minimates go, but he pairs perfectly with Black Bolt.

About a year after I left, the head guy in charge of that section got fired. Management found out he was pulling the variants/exclusives from the cases as he unpacked them (after truck, but before putting them out on the floor). As employees, we could "hold" stuff for ourselves for a few days (we each had a space in back) that we wanted to buy. He was pulling all the good stuff (believe you me he was up on everything in his section), buying it with his emp discount & scalping it on eBay. When he was fired (& mgmt was pissed at him when they found out), he said he didn't care because he had so much stuff that he wouldn't need to work for quite some time.

So yeah.... certain employees would know. I'd go back & be there right as they opened on Monday. I'd bet that this happens everywhere. (BTW, this is how he was discovered. Not the "minimate embargo," but that stuff had just come in on the truck & first customer in was a collector that cried foul when the more exclusive of the items were already gone.)

ha yeah,

thats what i kinda figured. sweet validation. It felt really weird cause i was told not 10 min prior the good news that they had them in. And the employee on the phone remembered me, so they couldn't claim "they arent here yet." So I think it was a pickle for them more than anything else. They knew that i knew, the mates were there...solution...lie. lol. I dont really care about that, i just want the mates + doubles at retail for my effort. My hope is that he will be forced to leave em out there Mon morning for fear of me. I told him id be there waiting for the door to open, and i think he believed me. haha.

Edited by spyder00013

I'm hoping Luke will be able to get hold of these if not maybe another of you fine folk could help me out :)

Same here, though I should mention I live in the UK.

I've seen multiple requests for this and no response yet (which is surprising)... can someone please post the UPC codes from the packs so when we call we can ask the clerk to check actual availability of the actual mates folks are looking for?

This information would have saved some of the folks on the board some wasted trips.

Much thanks.