UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't take the first few auctions to mean much. Antsy people who can't wait generally pay too much. Things will settle down as these start to trickle onto eBay. And I don't suspect any of these are 1 per case (at least I pray they aren't), so the prices shouldn't ultimately go for more than $15 per pack or so, IMO.

I'm sure BHM will come along saying this soon, but don't get sucked into the early hype. With a few notable exceptions (such as X-Factor Angel--which was just the most ridiculously conceived release of a Minimate yet, IMO), these always get to be a reasonable price when folks realize that they aren't all that rare.

I hope your right karamozov...but deadpool 28 wasnt even a variant, and he still goes for 25-45 due to demand. My only worry about hulkbuster is that he appeals to multiple crowds, iron man fans, completists (of course), big sculpt fans, and customizers. And he is really one of a kind, thus far at least. I hope DS is aware of how potentially popular he is so we dont have another shortage situation. Does anyone know how many TRU exclusives come in each TRU case? is it half and half? Which would work out to one hulkbuster/gamma hulk and one betsy/lockjaw per set? That would be ideal.

There are 2 of each exclusive in a case of 12.

I wouldn't take the first few auctions to mean much. Antsy people who can't wait generally pay too much. Things will settle down as these start to trickle onto eBay. And I don't suspect any of these are 1 per case (at least I pray they aren't), so the prices shouldn't ultimately go for more than $15 per pack or so, IMO.

I'm sure BHM will come along saying this soon, but don't get sucked into the early hype. With a few notable exceptions (such as X-Factor Angel--which was just the most ridiculously conceived release of a Minimate yet, IMO), these always get to be a reasonable price when folks realize that they aren't all that rare.

I hope your right karamozov...but deadpool 28 wasnt even a variant, and he still goes for 25-45 due to demand. My only worry about hulkbuster is that he appeals to multiple crowds, iron man fans, completists (of course), big sculpt fans, and customizers. And he is really one of a kind, thus far at least. I hope DS is aware of how potentially popular he is so we dont have another shortage situation. Does anyone know how many TRU exclusives come in each TRU case? is it half and half? Which would work out to one hulkbuster/gamma hulk and one betsy/lockjaw per set? That would be ideal.

I agree 100% that the short-packing of this will make Hulkbuster harder to find than Angel/Warpath. There is so much hype surrounding this figure that I don't see the there being much peg-warming for this set anywhere.

I agree 100% that the short-packing of this will make Hulkbuster harder to find than Angel/Warpath. There is so much hype surrounding this figure that I don't see the there being much peg-warming for this set anywhere.

Is there a lot of hype? As many of you know, the thing with Angel was that he was the sole missing part of the X-Factor box set, and buying the set didn't make a heck of a lot of sense without him. This isn't the case with Hulkbuster. Even if he is popular, I don't know if he would match the popularity of Angel for that reason. But then again, if this guy is as popular as Deadpool, that would be another issue altogether.

for the record, I really enjoy having mates back at TRU... it is nice to be able to get custom fodder whenever you want :)

moc847

Is this sarcasm? Or do you like using BSG figures for customs?

As for driving to TRU, I remember the old days when I had free time to go driving around to the store just for the hell of it. . .ah, memories.

I'm guessing the Northtown TRU must have put the Minimates out way late yesterday since I asked about them, they told me they were out on the floor, but none were seen, and I go back today and NOW they have a spot on the shelf.

Managed to get the last ones of each of the exclusive sets. Plenty of the two Iron Man sets though.

Forgive my lack of major Marvel knowledge but why is it Betsy Braddock and not 'Psylocke' on the box? Did she not go by her codename when wearing this outfit?

Otherwise, two psychic blades is awesome to see.

The big events are obviously Lockjaw and HB Iron Man though. Lockjaw is just so surprising to see done in a Minimate form, or any figure form for that matter really.

HB Iron Man though is HUGE and bulky. He stands out, but in a good way.

Definitely shows a way they could do an awesome Juggernaut update with the helmet thing.

I couldn't figure out why Betsy Braddock was so familiar to me ....not the character 'cause she's news to me but the name...the name? So I've just twigged why....Bessy Braddock was a British Member of Parliament & quite a character & in all respects larger than life...she was a big lady. Her most famous exchange of words was with Winston Churchill whom she met whilst at a party......

"Mr.Churchill,you are drunk"

Winston paused and said "& Bessy you are ugly. You are very ugly.I'll be sober in the morning."

:D

If possible, could someone post clear, focused pics of the new TRU exclusive mates? The ones circulating this thread aren't of the greatest quality. Thanks.

I'll post some when I get home this evening.

Hulkbuster is a really great 'Mate, but despite all of his bulk, he ends up being not as bulky as you would think. Hulkbuster is actually SHORTER than Extremis Iron Man. The armor is also very IM specific, so I wouldn't expect to see Rhino/Juggs retools. Despite the completely sculpted nature of Hulkbuster, it is a great Mate that somehow makes me think "MiniMate" when I see it. It's too bad it is in metallic red, otherwise I would put this head on Extremis IM's body.

Gamma Hulk could have been a great hulk mate if it weren't case in clear plastic. As it is, I neither love nor hate it.

Work calls. Pics to follow.

Hey guys, can you do me a favor and stop talking about these Minimates until I can get a hold of them myself? It's kind of annoying, actually, because it makes me want to get them worse. I appreciate it.

I was the forth person through the doors today at my Toys R Us. :thumbsup: I made a bee-line to the Minimates and found a case of these waiting for me. Minus one of the Hulkbusters. :( I think one of the TRU employees must have pulled it for his/herself. <_< Oh well, I was happy to get a full set from there. They are great mates!

Then I went two blocks down to pick up my LCS wave that was being held for me.t was a very Iron Man day. Ya!

I was the forth person through the doors today at my Toys R Us. :thumbsup: I made a bee-line to the Minimates and found a case of these waiting for me. Minus one of the Hulkbusters. :( I think one of the TRU employees must have pulled it for his/herself. <_< Oh well, I was happy to get a full set from there. They are great mates!

Then I went two blocks down to pick up my LCS wave that was being held for me.t was a very Iron Man day. Ya!

Seeing as how that was the only one pulled, perhaps he/she was a fan?? I mean, i'm all for believing in employee-scalperism (i buy DCUC for God's sake ;)) but someimes i do honestly feel that some are fans too and might actually want new product.

Don't expect anything till this Friday or next, but i'm tempted to check today...hmmph...

Does TRU sell the exclusives online? I thought in the past exclusives could be pre-ordered on the TRU website, at least for a short window of time.

Ever since these were announced, I've been checking TRU website once a day. They are not on the website, at least not as of now.

Dean