UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scored on these tonight in IL at golf mill the other TRUs had nothing but earlier stuff one had almost exclusively reed hulk and storm klaw packs. if I see more I'll post that I can help. good luck all!

Bloomingdale on Army Trail had nothing (literally...no Marvel Minimates, whatsoever) and St. Charles on North Ave. only had a crapload of IM2 & a few Storm/Klaw wave.

My closest TRU had nothing despite the lady saying they had like 14 of the Marvel Minimates on the floor. I looked all over the aisles and so unless they stuck them in some section you'd never think to look such as the LEGOs or car aisles.

Do they bunch all Minimates under 'Marvel Minimates' in their computer maybe?

They had a ton of Ghostbusters and a few Battlestar Galactica ones on shelves...

Bloomingdale on Army Trail had nothing (literally...no Marvel Minimates, whatsoever) and St. Charles on North Ave. only had a crapload of IM2 & a few Storm/Klaw wave.

Which IM2 ones?

Well, the scalper hunt has officially begun...

This soon, for that price, IS a little much, but at least it's for both. We've seen that for one pack in the past.

I don't expect mine to startshowing up for some time. We've got about 7 Thor and Lokis on the pegs, and they're the only ones left from that wave, one Blackbolt/Mar-Vell, and some genius put the T2s on the same peg slot. <_<

I'm not buying 7 Thor and Lokis for this wave or the upcoming IM2 Wave 2. No way.

It was new product day at my TRU and there were no new minimates at all. The only Marvel minimates they currently have out is one single Thor/Loki pack so hopefully it won't be too long before this wave shows up. I can't wait to get me a Hulkbuster!

One of the two TRUs here in Knoxville had them, but someone had already snagged the exclusives so I am still hunting.

Edit: Has the breakdown of the case been mentioned and I missed it? Or are we not sure, yet?

Edited by vbpanizzi

I managaed to pick up the exclusives today. After I did, I reorganized the shelf so the MiniMates were all strewn about, Marvel mixed with BSG mixed W:O. I walked back by five minutes later to make sure I didn't miss any extras and the shelf was already in total disarray. I got there just in the nick of time, apparently. The guy at the register mentioned he collected Minimates too, but he was surprised to see the new ones out.

Good news. Can't wait to see if and when they get these down here. From what I noticed, it takes about a month for them to get new minimates at my local TRU. I'm happy yet sad at the same time.

I wouldn't take the first few auctions to mean much. Antsy people who can't wait generally pay too much. Things will settle down as these start to trickle onto eBay. And I don't suspect any of these are 1 per case (at least I pray they aren't), so the prices shouldn't ultimately go for more than $15 per pack or so, IMO.

I'm sure BHM will come along saying this soon, but don't get sucked into the early hype. With a few notable exceptions (such as X-Factor Angel--which was just the most ridiculously conceived release of a Minimate yet, IMO), these always get to be a reasonable price when folks realize that they aren't all that rare.

Edited by karamazov80

Just got back from TRU, with Hulkbuster Iron Man/Gamma Hulk and Lockjaw/Betsy Braddock in tow. They were fully stocked. :D

Which TRU did you find them at? I was going to hit the Bloomington store on saturday.

The one by Northtown Mall, in Blaine.

WHAAAAAT!?!?!? I was there this morning? Where did you find them!? They told me they were on the floor and I didn't see them anywhere I looked!

Found'em today in Independence, MO. I grabbed a Lockjaw, Hulkbuster, and Stiltman (but he was missing his gun...damnit!). Really stoked with my luck in finding them all, but this is twice now (my Egon was missing his open-trap) that I've bought a TRU exclusive that was missing an accessory. :angry:

I wouldn't take the first few auctions to mean much. Antsy people who can't wait generally pay too much. Things will settle down as these start to trickle onto eBay. And I don't suspect any of these are 1 per case (at least I pray they aren't), so the prices shouldn't ultimately go for more than $15 per pack or so, IMO.

I'm sure BHM will come along saying this soon, but don't get sucked into the early hype. With a few notable exceptions (such as X-Factor Angel--which was just the most ridiculously conceived release of a Minimate yet, IMO), these always get to be a reasonable price when folks realize that they aren't all that rare.

I hope your right karamozov...but deadpool 28 wasnt even a variant, and he still goes for 25-45 due to demand. My only worry about hulkbuster is that he appeals to multiple crowds, iron man fans, completists (of course), big sculpt fans, and customizers. And he is really one of a kind, thus far at least. I hope DS is aware of how potentially popular he is so we dont have another shortage situation. Does anyone know how many TRU exclusives come in each TRU case? is it half and half? Which would work out to one hulkbuster/gamma hulk and one betsy/lockjaw per set? That would be ideal.