UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If being able to pre-order the new TRU Ghostbusters wave is a sales model they stick with then hopefully the same will roll over into this new Marvel Wave.

Great to see some old-school Betsy love on the boards.

I just can't shake the feeling that "old-school Betsy love" has some sort of double meaning.

Unfortunately, Marvel Minimates haven't followed the GB/BSG model of preorder and release. A shame.

TRU.com is the ONLY online store that I have ever tried to deal with that refuses to deal with non-US customers.

Have you dealt with other big-time retailers like Amazon (U.S.) or Walmart.com? I suspect that glorified comic shops running an online store have more incentive/interest in dealing with international customers than the big-time U.S. retailers, for whom shipping internationally might not be worth their hassle from a cost-benefit perspective (out-of-the-ordinary issues arise such as filling out customs forms, dealing with customer complaints resulting from mail systems they aren't familiar with, figuring out procedures for returns, etc.).

TRU.com is the ONLY online store that I have ever tried to deal with that refuses to deal with non-US customers.

Agreed! They don't like dealing with outsiders. TRU.ca Canada on the other hand deals with any country. C'mon TRU USA the outsiders have spoken. Help us! We have money!

Have you dealt with other big-time retailers like Amazon (U.S.) or Walmart.com? I suspect that glorified comic shops running an online store have more incentive/interest in dealing with international customers than the big-time U.S. retailers, for whom shipping internationally might not be worth their hassle from a cost-benefit perspective (out-of-the-ordinary issues arise such as filling out customs forms, dealing with customer complaints resulting from mail systems they aren't familiar with, figuring out procedures for returns, etc.).

I haven't actually had to deal with Walmart.com but I had an order with Amazon US (I think ?) for the Ghostbusters 'games' which (thankfully) never came to fruition. No problems at all with their service. The problem is with TRU.com ....I know I've said this before but you have to have a US based bank account for some inexplicable reason.

Well, if you have a US based bank account, we know it's ok, because everyone knows how reliable US financial institutions are. If it's not US based, it's probably part of a hawala system, and we all know that means only one thing. ;)

Seriously though, I'd wager that TRU.com is trying pretty hard to avoid breaking laws/massing up large judgments. The US is really pretty loose with toy safety standards compared to quite a few countries. TRU.com can get into a bit of a bind if it just accepts orders and ships anywhere. This way they know the stock is being directly sold only to US customers, where they know the goods pass safety requirements.

I'm not sure if you're serious ....if you are..... how the hell does having a US bank account have to do with terrorism?

I'm just being snarky, as "terrorism" has become the blanket reason for everything these days... although with all of the "patriot" squawking by nativists, I wouldn't be that surprised...

I wonder if the US bank account thing actually has something to do with their item pricing vis a vis exchange rates?

I had hoped you were being snarky but like you said 'terrorism' appears to be the new carte blanche for 'Them'.

Paypal is also a no-no with TRU.com which is baffling until you realise that Paypal ,again, is backed up by my (British, albeit based in China ,HSBC Bank) current account & Mastercard (based in NY ??) . :sad:

I am willing to help foreigners obtain U.S. bank accounts. All I ask is that you send me some plutonium for my, uh, collection of weird stuff that begins with the letter "p."

I think you can use Paypal with TRU, but only for in-stock items. You used to could, anyway.

I don't know if this has been said before, but isn't it weird that the Hulkbuster armor is based off of the Bowen Designs Hulkbuster instead of the comic book version? I'm not complaining, I just think its interesting to note that. Have there been other Marvel minimates that have nothing to do with the comic versions? <_<

The Vault Guard is a borderline example: under all the armor he's pretty comic-accurate. Everything else was intended as a homage to the old Hasbro(?) action figure.

Also, I always figured that there were several different versions of the Hulkbuster armor? I figured the Minimate would have been canonically faithful to at least one version?

Otherwise... I'm stumped.

I don't know if this has been said before, but isn't it weird that the Hulkbuster armor is based off of the Bowen Designs Hulkbuster instead of the comic book version? I'm not complaining, I just think its interesting to note that. Have there been other Marvel minimates that have nothing to do with the comic versions? <_<

that didn't make any sense to me... due to my lack of knowledge on the subject, nothing more. So i googled 'bowen designs hulkbuster' ... see what you mean, that IS the minimate we're getting. So... please pardon my ignorance, whats Bowen Designs? has the Hulkbuster never looked like that in the comics? Mine only actual experience with anything Hulkbusteresque was the v.different suit Tony wore in WWHulk