UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battlestar Galactica

I have total respect for Cappy & Ivan whose respective checklist & database are invaluable to all of us . Since attempting to gather my Price Guide's information together I have started to become even more anal than I was before :D I always considered that all Modern Centurion Cylons were the same despite the many different packages they have been resurrected in. Ivan thinks the same,Cappy thinks otherwise . Me? I'm no longer sure although I'm totally positive that the TRU Wave 2 Cylon which is paired with the Athena figure is definitely different . I assumed ,correctly, that the details 'DST 2009' etc. would be different but the 'black' paint is now matt (yes DST matt :pinch: ) rather than gloss & more importantly the hands are now all silver rather than just the fingers. It is a fact (it is now a fact rather than supposition) that many TRU Minimate versions differ from the non-TRU equivalents & although this isn't earth-shattering news I ,at least, am intrigued whether this was accidental or pre-conceived & if so why. The 'Checklist' shows all 6 ,the 'Database' just one .

A new topic for a bit of paint ? :no: There's more to come.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I've always considered all basic Cylon Centurions to be the same figure, with the paint variations filed under "production run differences." Sometimes (or, in the case of BSG, often) I will list out a character again if it helps the collector understand what he's looking for. Like: "Wasn't there a Sci-Fi exclusive in 2007?" Yes, there was, but it was a re-release of the basic Cylon figure.

So, in the Year column, if the year itself has a little "r" after it, as in "2007r", that means the figure is a repeat. Whilst listed it out, in my head I don't count it as a new figure.

Admittedly, I'm a bit inconsistent on this -- in Ghost Busters I listed every darn figure, every time, just so the set listings would look complete. Marvel, with its TRU/LCS overlaps, not so much.

Which is a really long way to say that I actually agree with you and Ivan.

Edited by Cappy

• 3 years later...

This ones for the fans of Classic Galactica...

Did anyone know this came out. It's a 1:32 scale Classic Viper released by Mobius Models. Perfect scale for Minimates...

BSG_zps8531dbef.jpg

Cool. I used to have the original Revell (?) kit when it was first issued. Didn't even think it might work for a Minimates backdrop. Does this kit use those toolings?

To be honest, I never had the pleasure to build one of the Revell kits, but I've heard from fellow modelers they were ridden with flaws and inaccuracies. But the Möbius kits for the Viper mkII and mkIV are phenomenal, so I'm guessing this one should stand up to scrutiny...

Sorry if this is off-topic, but TheDigitalBits reports there's a Blu Ray set of the entire classic series out in Germany, with the reported video quality "very good if not perfect" along with a ton of extras! But there's no plans to release it anywhere else :(

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/011314_1400

Maybe if enough fans are vocal enough, we can get a US release. I always liked the original, and the recent Blu Ray release of the pilot movie was pretty good.

• 1 month later...

So, short story first:

A friend of mine runs conventions, and he had a few shows here where Nicki Clyne (Cally Tyrol) was a guest multiple times. The two of them became real life friends, and not only did I get to meet her multiple times, but got to party with her at the afterparties, and she always remembered me (she's, like, the nicest person ever). So, after one of the shows one year awhile back, I Friend Requested her on Facebook, and she added me (and it's actually her, not a fan or manager run "Like Page").

So...she just posted this on Facebook:

2014-02-17%2014.46.02_zpssizz7qu8.png

I know most actors end up with action figures of themselves, so it's not all that unique, but I just thought this was so cool.

Pun not intended. laugh.png

I got to hang out with Michael Hogan and Aaron Douglas at a con once, and they LOVED their Minimates. Their immediate reactions were: Hogan: "Oh shit they even got the little eyepatch there!" Douglas: "AHHH this is so cool, wait let me get my Batman, i need a picture." He then pulled a Batman figure from his bag and took a bunch of pictures.

It's always fun when actors actually enjoy their own toys!