UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain American Through the Ages TRU Exclusive Pack

fwoosheyman

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised we didn't get a Nomad variation as it is one of Cap's more distinct alternate looks:

http://www.medinnus.com/rt_art/steve-nomad.jpg

His get-up from SECRET WAR could have been cool as well:

http://www.medinnus.com/rt_art/steve-cap-s...ckops-front.jpg

How about those two, armoured and suspended? Perfect boxset :D

I voted for Armoured as I like the look. I'm hoping "The Captain" might make it in as I do like USAgent's look but felt he had a few minor flaws that let him down a LITTLE.

Suspended Animation Cap got my vote. How much you wanna bet that this poll will amount to absolutely nothing? Remember the Secret Wars poll? TRU has probably already made up their minds as to who's in the set. I bet Civil War Cap makes the cut (cause they already did one of those).

Edited by MINI_MYTE

wow, v.interesting box set, certainly didn't see this coming

figured you lot would make suspended and armoured certs between you... so went with Reborn, as it looks, from the tiny picture... slightly better than the Invaders cap, which was essentially, near enough, definitive.

if 'civil war' or 'the captain' make the set... that'd be v. disappointing indeed

I also voted for Suspended Animation, I wonder if you can remove legs so you can put another character in it.

I would think so. It looks like the ice would be a separate piece that would slip over any regular legs and feet (duck feet need not try).

Vote Armored and Vote Often.

Suspended Got my vote but the set is kind of unexciting...

Sure Armoured "I'm trying to be Batman" Cap and Suspended "Spidersense frosty" Cap are cool ( Pun C/O BHM ltd.) but I suspect this will be a set that I pick up when I am there for something else set not a rush out and buy set.

As far as a definitive cap:

post-7-1273077795_thumb.jpg

Lives on my desk and is good enough for me...

T.

p.s. I actually am fond of "the Captain" uniform as it's the one he wore when Iron Man kicked his butt in the Armor Wars arc ;) - although as most of you have pointed out it's a minimate we already have with only the face under the mask and the Shield being different.

As much as I love the good Captain, this proposed set doesn't do much for me. I've really only need for one Capt. America: classic 616 and I've already received him (several times...and surely several more in the near future!). Now classic CA villains ? Sign me up for that. Strange that the TRU ad urges you to rally your army of villains but doesn't provide any for the boxset. Hopefully with the inevitable hype surrounding a film there will be more opportunities to "rally our villains" as (bad-ass as he is) Red Skull can't do it alone!

"Shoe-in" or not, I voted Suspended Animation Cap (the logical classic variation) as the others have either been done or do nothing for me. I like "Resurrection" (because he is naturally identical to the classic incarnation), but I'm sure he'll pop-up on account of nothing more than being current.

So, just to be clear (bahdum), a vote for Suspended is really just a vote for a block of ice accessory, right? I mean, the minimate itself seems unremarkable.

For the record, I voted Armored. If I'm just voting for accessories, I'd rather have what looks like three or four cool new armor pieces than a chunk of ice. That is, unless most of those pieces end up as tampos...

If this borderline suspicious series of events turns out anything like the Secret Wars polls, then we better be getting our Sharon Carter/Winter Soldier/Falcon minimates real soon to accompany this bloomin' set!

Wait, no. Not another TRU shortpack fiasco. Never mind.

NR, will a $5 "donation" your way be sufficient to gain your support?

Five dollars? Hot dog, you could buy half a two-pack at that price! POPSICLE CAP CAPSICLE RULES!!! :P

Edited by NorthRaider

I voted suspended but it feels like the boxset has already been decided. Especially when 2 of the six figures have already been released nearly exactly the way they are depicted in the poll.

WW2 Cap

Suspended Cap

Armored Cap

Reborn Cap

If that is not the line up for the boxset I will be shocked.

Interesting that this offering was so poorly publicized. I wonder if DSTMatt's position handled most of the publicity/web presence?

I'm guessing that this set will be a prelude to the CAPTAIN AMERICA movie and then we'll see a Wave of movie-Mates (Cap, Red Skull, Bucky, Peggy Carter, etc.) and then DST will follow up with the long awaited comic version supporting cast (Sharon Carter, Falcon, a couple of new villains).... just like how they're currently releasing IRON MAN related product.

I voted suspended but it feels like the boxset has already been decided. Especially when 2 of the six figures have already been released nearly exactly the way they are depicted in the poll.

WW2 Cap

Suspended Cap

Armored Cap

Reborn Cap

If that is not the line up for the boxset I will be shocked.

amen

I voted WWII Cap. I like it the best. It looks like the upper fishscale armor is a seperate part altogether (looks like it in the shoulders)

I do not like the Suspended Cap. I just do not care for mates with tattered clothes, or transformations, or battle damaged looks at all. Ice block or not! :P

I would also really like the Armored Cap, he looks pretty snazzy as well.

I voted U.S. Agent! I know there is another one but I'm not impressed with that version.

I want an Armoured Captain America as much as I want a deep sea fishing Spider-Man.

:thumbsup: I feel the same way. I voted US Agent.