UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain American Through the Ages TRU Exclusive Pack

fwoosheyman

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this set today in reference to Thor, as I'm practically sure there'll be a Through The Ages set for him too.

Maybe we'll see Beta Ray Bill, Bearded non-silverey-mask Thor in classic deco, Thunderstrike and... FROG THOR!

that would be sweet

Thunderstrike

Beta Ray Bill

Throg

and then a Thor variant of course or Red Norvell

I'd really like to see Thtorm! (That's Thor-Storm. . . not Storm with a lisp!)

swag_asgard.jpg

But then, this is just my way of shoe-horning some X-interest into a property i wouldn't normally show interest in. But it would make for a bit more diversity in the box-set.

Edited by Nessex

I'd really like to see Thtorm! (That's Thor-Storm. . . not Storm with a lisp!)

swag_asgard.jpg

But then, this is just my way of shoe-horning some X-interest into a property i wouldn't normally show interest in. But it would make for a bit more diversity in the box-set.

Id be pretty pissed if the wasted a slot that could be used for a more deserving variant than... this...

That's from a "What If?", right? If so, I would also prefer to get some other 616 variants of Thor first (as mentioned, Beta Ray Bill and Throg are musts), but I do think that would make a nifty looking Minimate.

Chuck has already confirmed them working on Cap and Thor movie mates. I think you might come to a point where you wished they weren't making any...

Ha, true, I just want one of him in the in the suit he's wearing on the EW cover. I don't need battle damaged, maskless, civilian or WWII era film-version Cappy... :P

Chuck has already confirmed them working on Cap and Thor movie mates. I think you might come to a point where you wished they weren't making any...

Ha, true, I just want one of him in the in the suit he's wearing on the EW cover. I don't need battle damaged, maskless, civilian or WWII era film-version Cappy... :P

What, a TRU wave with all of those things you just said?

What, a TRU wave with all of those things you just said?

No, I was saying I don't want those or any other version of film Cappy, just him in his film costume. I know that's not going to happen, I was just saying that's the only one I'm interested in.

Based on preliminary design pics, that movie outfit looked like it was more rubber than cloth. I'm glad that it doesn't look that way here. Or more specifically, I hope that Hot Toys leans more toward cloth and less toward rubber. I'm actually more excited about the prospect of having a nice, high quality 1/6 scale Cap in my collection than I am about the movie itself. . .

Based on preliminary design pics, that movie outfit looked like it was more rubber than cloth. I'm glad that it doesn't look that way here. Or more specifically, I hope that Hot Toys leans more toward cloth and less toward rubber. I'm actually more excited about the prospect of having a nice, high quality 1/6 scale Cap in my collection than I am about the movie itself. . .

Yeah, I'm glad they got away from the rubbery look too. I had similar concerns for Thor. As for the movie, I'm pretty pumped for it personally, though at this point I have a feeling Thor might be a better film...

I signed up for the e-mail notification for when the TTA set was available on the website. Then I happened to be checking the website and it was available so I ordered it. Then two days later I get my shipping notification. Then four or five hours after that I get my e-mail notification from TRU.com that the set is available to order. Great job TRU! :P

That's from a "What If?", right?

A What If? box set would be pretty cool

1. The Watcher

2. Fantastic 5 Spidey (or Venom Punisher)

3. Wolverine: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (or Lord of the Vampires)

4. Barbarian Hulk

Gotta do the Original Marvel Bullpen as the FF!!!

post-1943-1288314118_thumb.jpg

That's from a "What If?", right? If so, I would also prefer to get some other 616 variants of Thor first (as mentioned, Beta Ray Bill and Throg are musts), but I do think that would make a nifty looking Minimate.

I think it's actually from the X-Men/ New Mutants annuals when they visited Asgard. There's an Art Adams cover that's a homage to Journey Into Mystery #83 that features Storm in that look. The What If issue features the what would have happened if they'd stayed. I agree, though, I'd much rather have Beta Ray Bill, Frog Thor, maybe Lord Thor and Thunderstrike. That's my Thor Thru the Ages box set.

just got my cap set :D this is an AMAZING set. full of win! i love all the new parts and WW2 is my favorite! :D

also i do think they are going to continue the through the ages sets. i even hope to see an updated ironman one.

(not to turn this into a wishlist but my line-ups would be)

thor TTA:

donald blake

(age of thunder) thor

beta ray bill

thunderstrike

spiderman TTA:

peter parker (with extra pieces to make wrestling spiderman)

noir spiderman

iron spidey(with arms)

spiderman 2099 (better then the orginal)

ironman TTA 2:

mk 1 ironman

hydro armor

space armor

ironman noir

hulk TTA:

bruce banner(with switch face showing slight transformation)

joe fixit(with extra arms and hair to make grey hulk)

hulkbot(is that what its called??)

maestro hulk

again didnt mean to make a wishlist post but i needed to get that off my chest :P

hulk TTA:

bruce banner(with switch face showing slight transformation)

joe fixit(with extra arms and hair to make grey hulk)

hulkbot(is that what its called??)

maestro hulk

again didnt mean to make a wishlist post but i needed to get that off my chest :P

I'd have to disagree with that Hulkbot or Bruce Banner. I'd rather see a newly-sculpted green Hulk like the Thing and Juggernaut we're getting. Likewise the same body for Fixit with the parts you mentioned to make a classic Gray Hulk. Both of 'em should have alternate heads/hairpieces so you can fix him exactly how you want him without having to find earlier peices from previous sets and fret with the paint matching the skin tones.

Howzabout a 'Kang Through The Ages' box set?

........or an 'Ancient One Through The Eons' ?

Kang, yes!

Kang

Immortus

Scarlet Centurion

Rama Tut

I'd like the Ancient One... but don't know of too many changes the character could be done as. I'd gladly dig a boxed set with the Ancient One, Clea, Dormammu and the masked Dr. Strange. Oh man, that still leaves out Wong and Baron Mordo! Ah crap!