UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain American Through the Ages TRU Exclusive Pack

fwoosheyman

Evidently voting for this has been open at toysrus.com since May 1st. Good job on promotion DST. :down:

You can only vote for one but the top four get made into the boxset.

WWII, Suspended Animation and Armored are at least new figure possibilities. They already made the other three.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3602943

Can't say I'm very excited for this boxset. Hopefully all the new figures all get chosen and it doesn't end up being a rehash boxset.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I can't believe that's been out there since May 1st, and this is the first we're hearing of it?

I like the look of the Suspended Animation Cap.

WWII seems to look similar to the Ultimates wave Cap.

My guess is we'll get Armored, Suspended Animation, The Captain, and Re-Birth

Whoa, this is a neat surprise. Civil War and the Captain look basically to be re-releases (I realize the Captain and U.S. Agent are different characters with different heads, but. . .leave the mask on, and they should be nearly indistinguishable), though I like the mask Civil War Cap is holding in his hand.

No brainer that we all must vote for Suspended Animation Cap, right?

Edited by karamazov80

Wow, epic fail on the promotion part of this. I'm not sure where you're supposed to find this on the TRU site and it's not on the AA or DST site yet either. And really, we'll get 4 of the 6 figures shown probably? What a weird voting promotion.

Having said all of that, I think it's a very, very cool boxset that should be on shelves in time for pre-Cap movie buzz. I'd be happy with any of those. I didn't vote for Suspended cap, though, because I think he's a shoe-in, and went for Armored Cap (because Spidey and Daredevil get lonely).

I didn't vote for Suspended cap, though, because I think he's a shoe-in, and went for Armored Cap (because Spidey and Daredevil get lonely).

It's people like you who made us sweat, waiting and hoping for Mohawk Storm :angry:

There are no guarantees in this world--either that Suspended Animation version will win, or that he will get released in a TRU 2-pack. He must be voted for by all.

Edited by karamazov80

the first box-set i'v looked at and went "NAH"

i love captain america, and would love to get some more variations,

World War 2 Cap - didnt we get a first appearance not long ago in the invaders box-set, this one looks more like the ultimate cap, i dont remember seeing any pictures of cap wearing a mask/chinstrap before the ullitmates

Suspend Animation Cap - now this is one of two i would get excited about. although its a bit pointless really

The Captain Cap - US Agent, putting it out with a different face underneath the mask doesn't change the fact we already have US Agent, and who really remembers cap wearing this for long

Armored Cap - now this i would buy, its a legitimate variant we've never really saw a cap minimate like this

Civil War Cap - from the artwork looks exactly the same as civil war cap released a few years ago. the only difference i can see is that one pic shows with no mask on, rather hes holding it in his hand the other is he's wearing it. either way a minimate that has been previously released

Rebirth Cap - whats so different apart from a bigger star?

really for me its we have the invaders cap which was near perfect, then we got the Hero's boxset cap which got closer fixed the colour problems with the invaders one, but brought back the crappy masks. we have a bucky cap, the only cap i would really like to see is the new steve rogers costume, the one that is inspired by the fighting american costume

If they do it, they should just release the ones we have never had before.

Armored Cap - for the never been done before

Suspended Animation Cap - the dull but look how cool this is

Fighting American Cap - his current look

well the fourth we can vote for that one

one thing i noticed is they seemed to have redesigned the shield arm band. it looks like its split into a double band and is brown, thought that was strange.

i stand with the Groundhog - my vote went for Armored Cap as well. Because much like the Beyonder, Armored Cap is too goofy to ever be released any other way.

Even if Suspended Animation Cap will get made (and I doubt there's no way they'd not release him) his ice block will get released down the road as an accessory for a new Iceman Minimate.

Edited by boyd

I am excited for this boxset whatever we get. I voted for the Suspended Animation Cap. Strange that the people most into minimates (us here on the forum) didn't hear about this until 4 days after it started!

What?!

Oh, this is going to be a peculiar decision to make.

I'm kind of stumped as to what exactly would be so special about Rebirth Cap, I'm guessing that unlike the Invaders Cap he'll come in a deeper blue, unlike Heroes Cap his mask will actually fit properly, and unlike TRU battle-damaged Cap he... won't be battle-damaged. :confused:

Civil War Cap is intriguing only because of the neat mask-in-his-hand sculpt, but I guess the top choices here must be either the Armored or Suspended Animation variants. Don't let us down (again), polls!

P.S. The TRU page says the poll would be up and running on the AA blog too... I'm guessing it'll be running a wee bit late now.

I voted for suspended cap, since the ice block could be used on an Ice Man victim. I hated the civil war story, but that new civil war cap has some cool looking features. It looked like they would be sculpting a new glove with straps for his shield and a peg hole in the glove for the shield, and his mask could be helf in his hand folded up. That would be cool in the red skulls hands! The peg hole in the glove is especially cool since we wouldnt have to display one glove hand and a regular red hand if we want to show off his shield.

It's people like you who made us sweat, waiting and hoping for Mohawk Storm :angry:

i stand with the Groundhog

And thus, the Minimate Civil War begins. :yes:

I don't know what the big deal is anyway. There's six Minimates to choose from, so we'll get four in the boxset and the other two choices will seem dead for a while. Then we'll get a different Through the Ages two pack later including Bucky as the losing choices, only to get the original two runner-ups in their own set later after no one really cares any more.

I voted for the Suspended Animation Cap.

I voted suspended animation.

I voted for suspended cap

Everyone is doing it, Northraider. Do you want to be different from everybody else? We all point and laugh at people like Groundhog and Boyd. :D

We need the Armored and Suspended Animation ones, the rest are retreads, though hopefully with updates. A redo of US Agent wouldn't be bad, since his original was cobbled together as a part reuse and he was an exclusive to a hard to find retailer.

I am surprised that Civil War even made it into the voting. There have been other looks that might stand out in people's minds that wouldn't have been bad choices, like Nomad and the upcoming Super Soldier look.

I agree with the sentiment that if your choice doesn't make it in, you'll probably see it mixed in with future TRU releases. There's only 2 losers this time, so I can't see them being hard sells, though maybe difficult to package together, since who wants two Caps instead of a Cap and a bad guy.

I voted for the Suspended Animation Cap.

I voted suspended animation.

I voted for suspended cap

Everyone is doing it, Northraider. Do you want to be different from everybody else?

Seriously, how can you be a Doctor, yet be so foolish as to think NR is the type of girl to just blindly follow the crowd? I've come to respect the fact that Dom's a very bright individual who's decisions seem to be well thought out and articulated properly when she speaks her mind and mere bullying tactics won't sway her.

It's like you're trying to suspend her choice, which is really wrong. Really, how insulting.

I wish innocent, younger minds like hers could be armored, so that all the attacks would just go away.

Really NR, try to make your mind without feeling pressured by anyone.

Edited by groundhog7s

Northraider is far too sophisticated to be swayed by your transparent tactics, Groundhog.

NR, will a $5 "donation" your way be sufficient to gain your support?