UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Carrying Case Announced

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i aim sold ill get a couple for sure ,but man those clear minimates are somthing id like to get my hands on as well!!

Not one for hardcore collectors, I'd wager.

Good wager!

"You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig" now becomes "You can put cool clear Minimates in a crappy cardboard box ..."

As an "opener" I see no sense in removing a Minimate from its cardboard and a plastic tray only to put it in another cardboard and plastic tray for which I paid $20.00. Yes, I am a fool for being addicted to this plastic crack, but even fools like me have limits. I put my plastic crack in durable $5.00 tubs. :P

Even the old HotWheels carrying cases were sealed with a vinyl cover over the cardboard. I can't imagine this carrying case being carried on more than one trip before falling apart.

I know I'm being a bit harsh, but the case is covered with artwork for brightly colored blanks, which DST has said will NEVER be made! This is like a slap in the face to all of us who signed Luke's petition! Your $20 isn't even being used to cover Marvel licensing fees. Really, DST?!?!?

Put a set of four blank Minimates in the case and I will buy it. Otherwise, I would rather buy two more packs of army builder Minimates sets for my $20. Sorry DST, this is a Fail.

If they kept the same case, wrapped it in vinyl, made a variety of cases covering each of their properties, and included an exclusive figure for said property, would that win more buys?

Good question. I've restudied the images, and I'm not certain that the case isn't wrapped in vinyl. So let's take your scenario above:

For $20.00 you get a licensed Minimates case with an exclusive figure, say a Ghostbuster's themed one to hold all of the Ghostbuster Minimates ...

Yes, I would probably buy it then. I would feel like I'm getting something of value. And I may move my Minimates out of a tub and into the carrying case.

The carrying case, as pictured, is only worth about $5.00 to me. I need something more to make me want to buy it. Even throwing in one clear Minimate would make it more tempting (I'd still probably say no and just wait for a sale). As it stands now, not interested. I'm willing to wait two years when it finally gets clearanced out for $5.00.

i'd consider buying one. $10 would be an easy sell for me... i'm more hesitant about the $18 price tag at bbts.

i would never use this to actually carry around my minimates... as with many other people i have plastic storage bins for that.

but i do really like the graphics and could see myself getting one for display purposes.

(displaying the carrying case not actually using the carrying case to display minimates.)

Edited by SlushyFrog

• 5 months later...

'Minimate Carrying Case Announced' always sounded a bit like a health warning from the U.S. Surgeon General .

He added "Minimates' is a sickness which initially affects your wallet & thence ones patience"......

I had assumed originally that the last word in the quote had been misspelled but no,he got it absolutely right.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Have they confirmed that there will be a packed in Minimate?

Maybe it'll be one of those Hunt Minimates with a miniature Minimate Collector's CaseTM.

And inside that miniature case will be a miniature hunt Minimate who has an even smaller case, inside of which is an even smaller miniature hunt Minimate who has an even smaller aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh