UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Carrying Case Announced

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are hitting ebay now & I've just been looking at the pictures :( I'm not a designer & I have no design skills but I do have some concept of design yet I have never comprehended the 'Minimates' logo,its wacky font or anything about it! Surely DST could have given us bloody something other than the crap design on the front of this thing? I can name (but won't) any number of clever guys here that could have come up with something better than a logo that says 'Minimate Collectors Case' :angry: There's nothing else on it.....no pictures,no generic picture,no Minimate photo....no bloody hope.

I,yet again, will be supporting this but my patience is ebbing away .

I agree, BHM. Sometimes it's like they're not even trying.

I disagree......

...However, initially when they (DST) announced the Carrying Cases months ago, I thought it was a lame attempt to sell another product.

...but....

I picked up 2 today. I must say that they really did a nice job on the cases. The come wrapped in glossy paper/vinyl? kinda like a book cover. when you slide out the case. its latched shut via magnets. inside there are two trays each their own lid which snaps very tightly with the base so no loose accessories can fall out. Secondly, every other pocket on the top tray is recessed deeper for some of the bigger figures. All of the wells in the bottom tray are deep wells. Next the bottom tray's lid has recessed grooves to fit the top tray so the trays do not move around inside the case. The tray inserts are made with rather thick plastic. they are not wobbly and dont feel like cheap plastic. I feel like its really well designed and made. and to top it off with sweet Battle Beast!

Nice Job DST/AA. Thank you.

598039ee.jpg

96f57e53.jpg

7c2b4dd0.jpg

a04e9259.jpg

77483c34.jpg

3c39403d.jpg

0dd51921.jpg

4e4aef73.jpg

7aa468ed.jpg

d05aec60.jpg

b9112a76.jpg

fd80da48.jpg

7c19d70c.jpg

Edited by Ninja Mate

Thanks for the photos!

You're absolutely right, this product is much more impressive than I was originally imagining. I preordered one just to get the Battle Beast, with the full expectation that I would be packing the case away in a drawer or a box somewhere... but reading your remarks and seeing your photos have changed my mind a bit. I just might be picking up a couple more with the intent of actually using them B)

Awesome pics Kyle. Where'd you pick one up at?

I get my local stuff at a comic book store near my house and just down the road from the Greenwood TRU. Its called Comic Book U. It used to be a Branch of Downtown Comics but he broke away and became his own store. Its a great shop. He is my local minimate hookup. :)

I promise you guys wont be disappointed with this case. I think its well done. I have way to many minimates to store in the 2 cases, but I will be putting my rare, exclusive, promo's, etc...in there.

Edited by Ninja Mate

OH NO!!! Ninja Mate opened the Battle Beast! :ohmy:

I actually still can't bring myself to open any of mine... And the funny thing is that I never really cared for them until I got them. At the very least, I will have a case to store my MIB Battle Beasts and other various promo mates.

ya, generally I dont open anything bagged unless I have 2 or more. I bought 2 cases so I could open one. :)

Can we see a pic of the case full of MMs? Will larger mates, such as Archangel or Doc Ock, fit nicely into the provided space or would disassembly be required?

ok I'll see what I can do. Doc oCk might fit, but Archangel definatly needs his wings taken off. I dont think that is unacceptable. If a battle beast can fit in there no problem, then there should be plenty of room for almost all the charactors.

Can we see a pic of the case full of MMs? Will larger mates, such as Archangel or Doc Ock, fit nicely into the provided space or would disassembly be required?

So I stuffed the first box with all my "bagged" mates. Any mate that comes sealed in a bag I usually leave it there unless I have more then one, then I take one out. I also store the rest of my mates in little bags so I dont loose any accessories. SO with that said....

Everything still fits very well. The first case I put all my promo, rare, whatever, mates in. Any "normal" mate fits no problem. Unbagged you could probably stack up to 3 mates in one slot. On the bottom tier I put all my battle beasts and more promos. The battle beasts are probably going to be one of the biggest figures next to Hulk Buster Iron Man.So I stuffed 8 Battle Beasts in there. there is a bit of protrusion so the lid doesnt sit totally flush. You can see there is about a 1/4" of buldge. however if you were to take all matesout of the bagsyou could probably position them just right so everything sits perfect. Yes Dock Ock fits no problem without taking him apart. Yes you would have to take angel/archangels wings off for him to fit. Otherwise the only thing I had that doest fit is Phoenix's base, and the 3" mates. I am still happy. I like the cases. And the Battle Beasts makes them a sweet deal.

Something I forgot to mention. the Battle Beast that come in the case arent black. I originally thought they were. The armor is like a really really dark Olive green/black. Or black with a tiny bit of gray mixed in. Either way still an awesome minimate

Edit: I realized that the the bottom section lid is recessed into the storage wells making them not as high as in the top section. So if I were to move the bulky figures / battle beasts to the top section there would be no overflowing buldge. problem solved. :)

3b612985.jpg

acdedea6.jpg

aa21c35c.jpg

Edited by Ninja Mate

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally able to see one of these first hand and pick it up today - I was very surprised with how well the inside was designed and like the lids that fit tight so that the figures and pieces don't spill.

It's infinitely impracticle for the vast array of minimates I have, but it's nice to have one with the Battle Beast figure.

ok so im to tired to count but can someone just tell me how many mates this thing can hold?

At least 36, but it depends on their size, accessories, etc. You could probably get up to 3 or 4 times as much if they're all blanks or Spider-Men.

• 2 months later...

Since the first run of these sold out so quickly, Diamond is releasing a second run of carrying cases this fall. The only difference is that they are swapping out the red crocodile for a glow-in-the-dark Lookout pirate minimate.

carryingcase2.jpg

Preorders available here.

• 1 year later...