UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Some Minimates News

AdyCarter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, imagine just how many pissed off fans AA/DST would have if that boat sank mysteriously. Bottom feeders get new mates before we do.

lol I guess in that case they all become Aquaman quick cutoms! :D

I'm sure it happens, I bet there are a lot of boat related horror stories that the toy industry could share with us. but as far as we know they havent lost a bunch of minimates yet.

Btw folks dont forget to add the delays that customs will add too.... it's going to be few weeks yet I guess.

T.

I remember back in the early days of the McFarlane (or at thattime ToddToys) Spawn toys a whole shipment was lost at sea.

i always wondered if some day the canisters would rust out releasing their plastic prisoners to be set adrift on the high seas to one day make a landing on some shore line and maybe someone would stumble across a vast toy army to take home or maybe some uncharted(i know they're all charted) desert isle where the spawn can live in peace without human interference- OR NOT. -M :P

ok, obviously this isn't going anywhere beyond your constant attempts to make it a pissing contest so, I consider this offically dropped... I'm not the one who has to live with the reputation so it's no a biggie to me.

T.

That's:

Timbo - 1

Reideen - 0

Wow, how quickly a thread can go to hell.

You know I actually had people PM me complaining about this thread, theres a first time for everything I guess.

So now anyone thats browsing the forum and wonders what the "Some Minimates News" is comes face to face with you two having a "chat"...

Cheers for that.

For those just tuning in:

It has been recently announced by sources who wish to remain annonymous that the latest Marvel Minimates are making the long trek over seas and should be arriving in some capacity soon. When asked for comment, Art Asylum and Diamond Select representatives had this to say:

". . ."

In other news, controversy over the blind-box debate was settled when a annonymous source claimed that there would be no blind-box release for the latest Battlestar Galactica line. Art Asylum and Diamond Select's response to this news?

". . ."

On a lighter note, an unnamed source placed rumor that there were plans in place for the upcoming Marvel Minimates Wave 14 and the previously discontinued Star Trek Minimates line. Though no specifics were available at press time, Art Asylum and Diamond Select did have the following comment:

". . ."

That's all for todays news. Stay tuned for latest development in all of your favorite minimate lines on Minimate Multiverse. Back to you in the news room, Andy. :P

drgnrbrn316, Before you kick off about DST/AA not having anything to say (just saw your posts at the AA board)...

Read between the lines as to where my info is coming from, just because they arent saying it to you, doesnt mean it isnt been said, cut them some slack, we've had quite a few things from sources in both this and my other update thread... Infact its possibly more news than we got in a year at the old AA boards.

I know you seem to be taking what I've been posting as rumour and such but its not, its fact. Trust me these people know what they're talking about.

drgnrbrn316, Before you kick off about DST/AA not having anything to say (just saw your posts at the AA board)...

Read between the lines as to where my info is coming from, just because they arent saying it to you, doesnt mean it isnt been said, cut them some slack, we've had quite a few things from sources in both this and my other update thread... Infact its possibly more news than we got in a year at the old AA boards.

I know you seem to be taking what I've been posting as rumour and such but its not, its fact. Trust me these people know what they're talking about.

I know your sources are true Ady, its just that since no one at AA is owning up to the information at an official capacity I don't want to say that AA said anything. My whole gripe is how it takes us talking to people behind the scenes to get anything that resembles news when they have a perfect outlet for that news on their own forums. How many news stories have we broken here first? The only news we see over there is cereal mascots, and even that was half-assed at best.

[The only news we see over there is cereal mascots, and even that was half-assed at best.

Not sure I would call releasing early control art "half-assed" but I think we all understand your frustration at the lack of news. It's not surprising that the AA forums are so quiet on the Minimate front though. Most, if not all, of the fans are here.

My whole gripe is how it takes us talking to people behind the scenes to get anything that resembles news when they have a perfect outlet for that news on their own forums. How many news stories have we broken here first? The only news we see over there is cereal mascots, and even that was half-assed at best.

Ummm, you might want to just get content with what you have stated. Its only been like this since late 2002, so why should it change now? AA has been the fine purveyors of no information since day 1.

Ummm, you might want to just get content with what you have stated. Its only been like this since late 2002, so why should it change now? AA has been the fine purveyors of no information since day 1.

Yeah, but at least they used to every now and then release something to distract us from the lack of communication.

Yeah, but at least they used to every now and then release something to distract us from the lack of communication.

Something like this?

AA.jpg

You REALLY should check into getting creme for that finger, it might be contagious! :o Seriously I agree it's frustrating not hearing anything but working for a manufacturer of things non-mini I know they tend to keep quiet just in case something last minute happens. Even as an employee I don't know about a new product until the sample is sitting on my doorstep!