UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

:D 6 arm spidey looks great lizard is a comeplete win prof x looks amazing servo gaurd looks unreal even warpath looks good the only one i have a gripe with is the thing he looks.........non-minimatey

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing/Trenchcoat Thing: Luke, looks like they took your 'puny arms' to heart! ;) I actually like the bulky look of these.

Spidey: Looks like the extra arm harness is removable, for another classic version of Spidey! :)

Prof X: Need to see more of the chair before I decide over my Kubrick custom.

Servo-Guard/Doombot: A nice classic look!

Warpath: Really surprised it isn't Liefeld X-Force Warpath!!!

Lizard: I would prefer a head piece instead of a tampo, similar to Jubilee... :glare:

EDIT: I'm getting some weird spyware/malware alerts on my work PC when going to that site, so I threw the pic on imageshack just in case.

series37scaled600.jpg

Edited by youbastards

i'm going to say it... i'm very very disappointed with these

that Thing and the variant (which i was v.much looking forward to) are terrible... i'm all for sculpted parts, etc... i'm even cool with duck feet, but what the hell are these? those are not minimates!

that Prof X head look more like the Kingpin or something, i'm pleased in all honesty... I can stick with my custom.

the Lizard doesn't get a sculpted head... really? that is so lazy, the biggest disappointment for me.

on the plus side, I think that Spidey is gorgeous, and it seems to be executed in a way which means it doubles up as a standard 2 arm spidey as well... though, i'll display it with 6 for sure!

...please tell me someone agrees with me

EDIT - i've looked at these again, thoroughly... the Thing is literally hideous *sigh* that said... any idea when you'll have these up for pre-order Luke?

Edited by bobafett

I'll back you up, bobafett - I'd much rather have seen a sculpted head on Lizard than all the sculpted pieces on Thing. Though Trenchcoat Thing is pretty nice.

The rest of the wave I don't mind. Lizard looks really good for having a flat head (we're totally getting spolied by all the unique sculpted parts, aren't we?). Six-Armed Spidey is great, but I wonder how durable the new "extra arms" chest piece will be. And I'm loving Doom's Servo-Bots. And I expected to see Prof. X in his Jim Lee-style shirt with the rolled up sleeves, not a suit. Something to customize, I guess.

i must say im excited for these there are alot more pluses then negitives in this wave in my opinion of course,i persanally cant wait (spidey WoW!!)

hmm... I like most of this wave and I do like the bulked up thing yes he doesnt look very block like but to stay inside the 2 inch format I have to say I don't know what else we could have expected. I think if a boardie here at the 'verse had come up with that Thing we would be swooning over it. I'm looking forward to a hulk with the bulked up arms

Well this wave is full of suprises. Glad to see they are finally going with bulky arms.

No claw hands or slide over face for Lizard is disappointing but it's still a solid mate.

What previously released set does the Warparth figure round out? More than half of modern X-force hasn't been released.

6-armed spiderman is awesome and this means DST will probably release a Spiral minimate!

Also, if you take the 6 arm attachment off it makes for a good Spiderman & Friends spidey.

I agree Spiral cant be far behind, heres to hoping she comes with a Mojo!

I thought that too, but I don't think there's ever a way that'll happen. I do expect to see her come with a Longshot, though. Or better yet, a four pack with them and Dazzler and, uh, Wolverine (cause you know that would have to happen that way).

Oh man, I love those versions of THING! The sculpted parts look great - hopefully this means we'll get a "non-puny arms" version of Hulk, hey Luke?

I Agree, I suspect I'll have to see it in hand or at least from reports at SDCC to be sure but I like how the thing looks.

People on here have been asking for bulked up versions of this sort of character for a while and then when they get it they turn their nose up. I think that Thing/Hulk are two characters that the bulking up is totally justified.

I hope this is a turning point for minimates and that DST will start to only use this sort of bulk on figures that deserve it.

T.

p.s. Anyone else "amused" that the thing gets moulded glasses but Jubes didnt?

That's... not how I would have handled six arms... But, dollars to donuts we're getting a Spiral at some point.

And, yeah, Thing is pretty funk-tastic. I know I'm one of the loudest advocates for "partsy" mates, but those sculpted arms are kind of crossing a line. I guess my thinking is "add on to the standard Minimates base," not "change the base altogether."

The rest of them look pretty good, though.

Boyd– I wanted a Safari Professor X, too. I've had a custom using the Kubrick hoverchair on the back burner for a while; I thought I was going to be retiring that one. Maybe not...

I could not be happier for Modern X-Force Warpath!! Since Liefeld's is just Thunderbird, basically. I may put the new Prof head on my Xavier custom body, and put the body on the new chair. Yep, I think that's what I'll do.

Except for the face (which I'd hope would get a rocky-tampo around the eyes & mouth before release), I love the new Thing. Love it. Totally gonna put a classic head on this body. Heck yeah! Doombot looks cool. Not that familiar with them. I'll still be getting as many as I can (without exceeding my self-imposed limit of 10).

Spidey looks great. Love the harness. However, I, too, am wondering why we didn't get a retooled Battle Beast head? Just cut the helmet off, sculpt over the hole. I was really hoping for that. Not just for Lizard, but I would've gotten a second Connors to use the head for an Isamot Kol (Green Lantern) custom. Boo-urns. :(

Edited by TENIME_art

I love all of these! Personally I would prefer the 6 arm spidey to have the arm pegs molded directly to the torso for a more uniform and natural appearance, the harness makes it look forced. I still like it though. And I love the bulked up thing, despite the less than minimate look. And isn't this the same idea that a lot of people have proposed to bulk up the Hulk? I just find it strange that so many people are knocking it. Without going above the 2 inch thresh hold, there isn't really any way to make the bigger characters bigger.

BS

People on here have been asking for bulked up versions of this sort of character for a while and then when they get it they turn their nose up.

i'd just like to point out... i'm one of the only people who has actually 'turned' his 'nose up' at the Thing... and i have never asked for bulked up versions of this sort of character. Minimates are block figures, so i'm happy with the occasional larger hands/feet... but not something that looks nothing like a minimate.

all i've ever asked for is consistency... and that getting a lot of sculpted parts should not mean we don't get a sculpted head for the Lizard

Overall I like this wave. I still prefer my latest custom of Warpath over this one though. Also I think the reason that I don't care for Thing is because there is no rock looking detail on his face. It looks odd without it. I do love all the bulk that they have added to Thing. I think it looks great on him. Now give us a new Hulk and a new Juggernaught!

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

Overall I like this wave. I still prefer my latest custom of Warpath over this one though. Also I think the reason that I don't care for Thing is because there is no rock looking detail on his face. It looks odd without it. I do love all the bulk that they have added to Thing. I think it looks great on him. Now give us a new Hulk and a new Juggernaught!

Do you have a picture posted anywhere of your Warpath?

Do you have a picture posted anywhere of your Warpath?

If he doesn't, I can get one sometime...

Nice to see you still around here Crippler!

I've lurked here for awhile (thanks to Tenime) but never signed up until the picture of the 90's X-Men set was on here. Vol. 2 #1 got me into comics, and collecting the Blue and the Gold teams in every scale is a goal of mine, always. To that end, I couldn't be more thrilled with this Xavier (from what I can see). I'm VERY impressed with the Thing figure. Looks great to me, and I can't wait for more. I want Connors' jacket, but not enough to buy a figure that looks this poor, and I hate the harness for Spidey. As someone said... forced. Ten, you get my Doombots, bro.

Oh, and thank FSM for modern Warpath. I couldn't be happier. Now I don't have to buy the Classic X-Force set (unless it comes with Stryfe armor for Cable)

I've lurked here for awhile (thanks to Tenime) but never signed up until the picture of the 90's X-Men set was on here.

Welcome aboard! And, 'bout time!! :P

Ten, you get my Doombots, bro.

Sweet! Thanks! :)

Now I don't have to buy the Classic X-Force set (unless it comes with Stryfe armor for Cable)

That would be frakkin' sweet. :blink:

I am all for bulked up minimates (as you can tell from my signature), but I think they went over the top with the sculpting on Thing. By adding every single crack it makes him look less and less like a block figure. I would have loved this same size arms and legs, but smooth, with the cracks tampo'd on.

EDIT - i've looked at these again, thoroughly... the Thing is literally hideous *sigh* that said... any idea when you'll have these up for pre-order Luke?

I will get them up for pre-order this evening - individual packs, cases, and FULL WAVES. :)