UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - thanks for the update guys. Despite the general hate for RL, i really did love the characters in the X-Force comics. And the costumes are really iconic ones for me. It's right around when i first started collecting toys/cards/comics.

90's Cannonball is the only version of the character I want.

Don't know who I'd pick out of Domino, Siryn, Sunspot, Shatterstar, Boomer, Feral or Rictor to round out the other 3 spots in a boxed set, though. :unsure:

Domino

Shatterstar

90's Cannonball

Siryn

Siryn = Eventual Banshee parts recycle :)

Feral = Eventual Wolfsbane parts recycle for New Mutants box, or vice versa. (also using parts from 90's Beast (hair, hands, feet)

Sunspot = Eventual New Mutants box.

Boom Boom (Boomer)/Rictor = Maybe released as part of New Mutants, but I really doubt we'd ever see them. Unless they eventually make Jubilee and part recycle for Boomer. Maybe a Boomer/Rictor TRU exclusive, but even that seems stretching it a little.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the recent First Appearance X-Men box set would be a great starting point for a First Appearance New Mutants boxset. Some additional detailing would all it would take to make the basic uniforms for the original NM crew.

Edited by youbastards

. Say what you will about the era, but it definitely produced some memorable costumes.

You're not a fan or that era?! (not tryin to attack you--I'm curious what eras would be other people's favs) Maybe because that was the era I grew up with, for me I identify them with that 90s style. I like the old stuff as well, but for me the 90s is where its at. The modern stuff is cool as well, but I like the versions of those characters the best. A purple sentinel for example--when else could you get away with that color scheme haha!

. Say what you will about the era, but it definitely produced some memorable costumes.

You're not a fan or that era?! (not tryin to attack you--I'm curious what eras would be other people's favs) Maybe because that was the era I grew up with, for me I identify them with that 90s style.

Its 70's/80's Marvel for me... because thats what I grew up with LOL. I wasn't a big fan of the 90's looks at all. Why so many pouches? Spidey get by without even having pockets! Like a lot of folks I think the 90's had a style over substance vibe (not just at Marvel). To each his own lest get everybody with all their looks!

You're not a fan or that era?! (not tryin to attack you--I'm curious what eras would be other people's favs) Maybe because that was the era I grew up with, for me I identify them with that 90s style. I like the old stuff as well, but for me the 90s is where its at. The modern stuff is cool as well, but I like the versions of those characters the best. A purple sentinel for example--when else could you get away with that color scheme haha!

I think when the sentinels first appeared they where using the purple pink style then and that was back in 60's. The 90's ones expand on it a bit more but Sentinels as well as Galactus used the same sort of colours which I think was something to do with the printing back then and not having such a wide palette to choose from.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the recent First Appearance X-Men box set would be a great starting point for a First Appearance New Mutants boxset. Some additional detailing would all it would take to make the basic uniforms for the original NM crew.

I've actually been collecting duplicate FA Jean Greys & Cyclopi for EXACTLY that purpose!

I keep returning in the hope for pictures. Of course, that'll just be an even bigger tease.

It says on the art asylum blog that the information given was a sneak peak at next month's preview. I'm thinking we may have to wait until then for pictures.

with a Shatter Star/Rictor 2 pack... duh!

Of COURSE! How could i have missed that!

i would hope we'd get a Banshee before a Siryn...

I'd be happy to get a Siryn (well, Banshee now) first. . . it'd only strengthen the case to release Banshee.

Domino, Cannonball, Sunspot, Boom-Boom if we were doing 90s X-Force 4 pack

with a Shatter Star/Rictor 2 pack

I support this message. 282468.gif

(That is, as long as Shatterstar/Rictor were as easy to find as the last 4 TRU exclusives...)

(And, even though I'd rather have a current X-Force Domino. Even though I already do. Can we put Feral in that 4-pack, instead?)

I support this message. 282468.gif

(That is, as long as Shatterstar/Rictor were as easy to find as the last 4 TRU exclusives...)

(And, even though I'd rather have a current X-Force Domino. Even though I already do. Can we put Feral in that 4-pack, instead?)

I think we're looking at a Domino, Shatterstar, Cannonball, Feral set. A Stryfe/Boom-Boom 2-pack would rock... though I'm not sure which look they'd use for Boomer.

I'm really keen to see Feral released as the 'never gonna happen on her own' character (see: thunderbird/jewel) - but i don't like our chances.

They need a character there to move sets, IMO. None of those mentioned would do so.

Solution--Battle Damaged Deadpool in place of, say, Feral.

Cannonball & Domino are reasonably big-hitters for anyone who read New Mutants when it became X-force. And for almost the entire run of the original X-force for that matter.

I get what you're saying, but i'd hate to see an already released character take the place of an unreleased one. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Nessex

As much as I'm a huge X-Men fan and I'd love them all, I agree that the secondary cast of X-Force, by itself, isn't enough to move a set.

I feel it's almost mandatory an X-Force set include a Cable, just as a given. Problem is, they made him already. Deadpool would be good for moving sets too, as stated. So what we're looking at is crappy variants of one or both of them.

Stryfe would be awesome, if a villain need be included. (And he might be passable as a Cable variant, if DST wanted to play it off that way.)

So lets say, between those three, if nothing else, we have two free slots for the rest of the team.

My picks would most definately be Cannonball and Domino. No question about it.

PS. Nessex, I like your want list in your sig there. Mine would read almost exactly the same, except I could live without AOA Jean & Holocaust, and I'd add Jubilee and Pixie. (I'm a fan of the perky young girl characters, what can I say? *Shrug* You know that C2E2 panel? That was me asking about Jubilee. lol :P)

Edited by Gillbob316

I'd love to see a jubilee as well, and after hearing Chuck talk, i wouldn't be shocked if we DID see her eventually. But since i'm a Jean freak - AOA jean stays on my list. And i think Holocaust would make an amazing minmiate. It's pretty unlikely that we'll see them, but a boy can dream.

I just assumed we'd be getting a Modern X-force Warpath with this wave, but i'd be happy to see a 90's one too :)

Edited by Nessex

Just when I start to think Marvel minis are pretty much complete... THEY PULL ME BACK IN! I know Marvel has a huge catalogue of characters.. but you have to give credit to the marketing teams invovled here.. this line just keeps going and going. I wish those handling DC could have got it to last even half as long as Marvel's has.

Just when I start to think Marvel minis are pretty much complete... THEY PULL ME BACK IN! I know Marvel has a huge catalogue of characters.. but you have to give credit to the marketing teams invovled here.. this line just keeps going and going. I wish those handling DC could have got it to last even half as long as Marvel's has.

It will be a real shame if/when the line ends...each wave that comes out I think, "yes they are still going!" Funny to think that originally I was against the 2" line, but they take up that much less room, which means it's way easier to have more! The other thing that occurred to me is when the line ends, how much this site will die down and it will get real quiet around here as the most popular conversations happen on the recent mates (naturally).

The new lines look interesting, but I don't have the same connection that I would have to marvel guys from my childhood. That is why I say--variant away! rehash away! up up and away!

Here's my problem...I want 90's Cannonball, Siryn, Sunspot, Feral, Shatterstar, Rictor and Boom-Boom. But I want Modern Domino, Warpath, Wolfsbane and Vanisher. shrugshoulders.gif

This is only a problem is there is no chance of DST ever releasing All of those ch. . . . ahhhhhh now i see the problem.

PS: i want them all too - i think we have a pretty decent chance with most of those, but modern Vanisher, Feral & Boom-boom seem more like longshots [insert witty mojoverse pun here]

EDIT: PPS: I'm hoping we see a 90's Domino & Warpath too - wouldn't say 'no' to a 90's X-Factor Wolfsbane either.

PPPS: Do we think Xaviers Shiar Hoverchair will have any kind of blast-effect under it as the Marvel Legends variant was proposed to have had before it got canned? (EDIT II: Pic Added)

post-2737-1273465446_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nessex

Here's my problem...I want 90's Cannonball, Siryn, Sunspot, Feral, Shatterstar, Rictor and Boom-Boom. But I want Modern Domino, Warpath, Wolfsbane and Vanisher. shrugshoulders.gif

This is only a problem is there is no chance of DST ever releasing All of those ch. . . . ahhhhhh now i see the problem.

(PS: i want them all too - i think we have a pretty decent chance with most of those, but modern Vanisher, Feral & Boom-boom seem more like longshots [insert witty mojoverse pun here])

EDIT: (PPS: I'm hoping we see a 90's Domino & Warpath too - wouldn't say 'no' to a 90's X-Factor Wolfsbane either).

Realistically, I don't think Rictor or Sunspot have much of a chance either. Maybe Sunspot if they started a whole New Mutants thing, but I feel like that's unlikely. Shatterstar can go either way. I feel like he's not likely, but maybe if just the right opportunity came along.

Domino and Cannonball probably have the best odds (obviously). They have the most spillover X-Men cred. Especially these days.

Honestly, I don't like the odds of anyone that isn't currently living on Utopia. DST has made it fairly clear in the past that a character has to be relevent to the current climate of the Marvel Universe to get made, under most circumstances. Every now and then a Giant Sized X-Men or Secret Wars opportunity will come along, but they mostly try to stay current.

So yeah, Cannonball, Domino & Warpath. Currently mainstream X-Men. Good odds. (I realize Sunspot is too, but he feels like more of a background player to me atm. He needs to kick his face time up a few notches and pop into some books besides New Mutants if he wants better odds.)

Rictor & Shatterstar, maybe if X-Factor's presence starts to pick up in the greater Marvel universe more. (Which seems to be the plan from what i heard at C2E2, but we'll see how it goes.) Until that happens, I think Madrox is about all we're gonna get from that family.

Everyone else: Not very likely.