UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or were we supposed to get pictures on that Art asylum blog and that's why we see HTML codes.

No, Chuck just pasted the description in from a Word document, which is a big no-no when updating a blog, as Word adds all that extra crap in there.

I'm all for the bombastic Bagman! That and I do imagine that Warpath is the newest black and grey X-force version as has been said; I think we'd be more likely to get Domino or Cannonball if they were doing someone from the 90's variation of the team. All things considered I like this wave a lot.

Spidey baddies are always welcome in my book and I've been looking forward to the Lizard for a long time. The Spider-man is interesting to me no matter what he is; if it's the same old red and blues, I'm fine with it as even the most recent version had some minor nits like the light pink around his neck area.

Hoverchair Charlie sounds good as it's something a lot of people want and it's a chance to do one without the crazy eyebrows. I'm not a fan of modern X-force but black and gray Thunderbird will give all the Wolverine's from the Hydra agent pack someone to hang out with.

As for the Thing, I'm really excited for an updated FF so no problems here. I'm the kind of guy that even wants no-flames-at-all Johnny so nothing is uninteresting to me. Hopefully the Doombot is the Servoguards from Doomstadt as it's a cool design and it's an easy retool of some of the Sentinel tools/decals.

It's an interesting wave; the themes are nice but sometimes it's good to have a curve ball with a lot of variety.

I have to agree that this wave feels odd, but maybe just because we've gotten so many theme waves lately.

I would really like to see Spidey/Lizard come with extra parts to make Pete and Dr. Connors.

I'm almost 100% sure that Prof. X will come with the hover chair, the question is how it will compare to the Kubrick version.

WarPath will be the current X-Force version, so they can re-use the Wolverine/X-23 parts that they can.

Thing, despite having so many variations already out there, is due for an update.

Trenchcoat Thing is a MUST OWN, too bad it's the variant... :\

The Doombots worry me, I have a feeling we are going to be seeing many reused parts from the TRU Secret Wars box set Dr. Doom.

The MSRP concerns me. Not for us die-hard collectors, but for the one-off purchaser that may like the way ther look. For 2" figures, one dollar is a big difference.

HOWEVER, if they are going to include more accessories for each figure, I fully support the price increase. If I can get extra parts to make Spidey/Peter Parker and Lizard/Dr Connors in one box, that's like getting 4 characters for slightly more than the price of 2.

It's something they've been doing with box sets for a while now (Avengers Wasp/Ant-Man, Iron Man Through The Ages), and more recently with the Sentinel wave.

Edited by youbastards

Is it me or were we supposed to get pictures on that Art asylum blog and that's why we see HTML codes.

No, Chuck just pasted the description in from a Word document, which is a big no-no when updating a blog, as Word adds all that extra crap in there.

Guess that what happens when you let go of your marketing director... <_<

This wave is great! I love mixed waves.

Lizard was in my top 10 slot alotted for Spidey-villains, so I'm psyched. (that slot now goes to Classic Morbius). Don't know what they'll do with Spidey... Bagman would be AWESOME but I imagine they would have announced him as Bag-Man, not Spider-Man, so who knows what we're getting?

Warpath in the black/grey X-Force duds will be great for those collecting that style, and I'm betting Prof X will be in the combat fatigues WITH the Shi'ar chair, because how can they do 90s Xavier without one?

Finally, Thing in trenchcoat is a fantastic selection... I love it! I have never been fully satisfied with the previous Thing figures, so I'm hoping they sort out all of the strangeness with the forehead piece & proportions this time. And I'm with Luke that it's highly likely the builder will be Doom's servo-guards.

This sets the stage for future FF updates in another wave with Moloid army builders, which is also cool.

Only at low tide.

:P good 'un! that quip kinda took me by surprise (and since i was drinking a glass of soda at the time i was reading it i was THIS close to doing a classic "spit-take" all over my computer screen. :lol: ).

and, yeah: i'm with everyone else on that doombot 'mate--- i sure hope they don't just re-use that crappy, stiff hood/cape from the other 3 dooms. what would be REALLY cool is if we'll be able to use the (hopefully) new sculpted doom parts to make a better version of our regular doctor doom 'mates.

Edited by velvet

and, yeah: i'm with everyone else on that doombot 'mate--- i sure hope they don't just re-use that crappy, stiff hood/cape from the other 3 dooms. what would be REALLY cool is if we'll be able to use the (hopefully) new sculpted doom parts to make a better version of our regular doctor doom 'mates.

I always wondered why they didn't use the Spectre parts for the Villains wave Doom.

Sweet - i know there are a lot of Lizard fans out there who will be happy about this.

If Warpath is in his stealthy black & grey duds, then i'm hoping he gets followed up by some of the less likely x-force characters. I'd really like to see Vanisher in his X-Force duds with his cool tattoos! I'd be VERY pleasantly surprised to see an Elixer minimate as well.

I'm pretty stoked to be seeing what i hope will be a safari-suit & hover-chair Xavier! I'll be really bummed if we don't see the hoverchair - and i'm 99% sure that AA/DST wouldn't re-release the character without it.

Until I read cesium salami's post I was assuming that the Doombots are actually Dr. Doom's servo-guards like my old custom:

And not simply a Dr. Doom minimate with a robot face. Now I am worried...

I would MUCH rather have the Servo-Guards than a Dr.Doom with a robot face. Unless the Doom is a SERIOUSLY improved issue of Doom with a cowl that allows for left-to-right head movement.

I'm hoping that Warpath is a bulked up 90s version to complement the Liefeld era X-Force set (Shatterstar, Domino, Feral, Cannonball?)

what what what? Was this seriously announced? Did i miss something major over the weekend????

Edited by Nessex

I'm hoping that Warpath is a bulked up 90s version to complement the Liefeld era X-Force set (Shatterstar, Domino, Feral, Cannonball?)

what what what? Was this seriously announced? Did i miss something major over the weekend????

I'm hoping he's just talking about that set DSTChuck teased in the Multiverse chat. :ermm:

I don't think I mind the themed waves so much--I've been playing catchup to get the 90s versions (which are my favorite incarnations of the characters since that's what I grew up with). Trying to find all these 90s guys hasn't been an easy (or cheap) task! I think these 90s versions though, are some of the strongest mates they have ever put out. Howbout that cable, he is awesome--I especially like the way they are heading with all the extra accessories. I've held off on locating a wheelchair Prof. X, in the hopes of a hoverchair coming around--I really hope they do it!

I'm on board with Lizard and hoping for the hover chair! I'm starting to wonder how much longer this can go...

I'm pretty sure as long as DST can keep the license, the line will continue.

There's so many characters and variations of characters out there that we will get eventually, as long as the collectors can accept knowing there will always need to be reissues for main characters in order to get more obscure ones.

I'll happily pick up the 75th variation of Wolvie/Spidey it it means I may some day see a Alpha Flight set, Shang-Chi, or Man-Thing.

Edited by youbastards

I'm on board with Lizard and hoping for the hover chair! I'm starting to wonder how much longer this can go...

I'm pretty sure as long as DST can keep the license, the line will continue.

There's so many characters and variations of characters out there that we will get eventually, as long as the collectors can accept knowing there will always need to be reissues for main characters in order to get more obscure ones.

I'll happily pick up the 75th variation of Wolvie/Spidey it it means I may some day see a Alpha Flight set, Shang-Chi, or Man-Thing.

I'm excited for Spider-Man, Lizard, and Professor X. Could care less about Warpath, Thing and Doombot so this wave is about half n half for me.

Speaking of all the Spiderman releases, I am positive that a special Wolvie as Spiderman and Spidey as Wolverine 2-pack is forthcoming. It would be an appropriate final Minimate release.

Speaking of all the Spiderman releases, I am positive that a special Wolvie as Spiderman and Spidey as Wolverine 2-pack is forthcoming. It would be an appropriate final Minimate release.

You've heard as well huh! :( I have contacted Ivan who is inconsolable but assures me that the Shockinidatabase can be up & running as soon as the Shocker guys can produce something.

So 'Riot Logan Baghead Weapon' is to be the last Marvel Minimate ....who would've believed it? I'm over the moon with the 'army builder' .....'Anti-Venom May' .....that hover-commode is cool.

Edited by buttheadsmate

So 'Riot Logan Baghead Weapon' is to be the last Marvel Minimate ....who would've believed it? I'm over the moon with the 'army builder' .....'Anti-Venom May' .....that hover-commode is cool.

Shhhh you're giving all your ideas for the amalgam contest away!

T.

I'm hoping he's just talking about that set DSTChuck teased in the Multiverse chat. :ermm:

I missed the chat due to a combination of time-difference & having a slow-@ss internet connection. Can i just ask for a little clarification: Did DSTChuck tease at a 90's X-Force box set; a modern x-force box set; or just an x-force box-set with no real indication as to which incarnation?

Because i'd probably sell my neighbours kidneys for a 90's X-Force set . . .

Edited by Nessex

I missed the chat due to a combination of time-difference & having a slow-@ss internet connection. Can i just ask for a little clarification: Did DSTChuck tease at a 90's X-Force box set; a modern x-force box set; or just an x-force box-set with no real indication as to which incarnation?

Yes... ;)

T.

Because i'd probably sell my neighbours kidneys for a 90's X-Force set . . .

Someone brought up the new X-Force – e.g., whether we were getting the gray-and-black Archangel, Warpath, etc – and Chuck said "think Rob L."

I'm really starting to think the Warpath that comes with Prof X. is going to be the 90's one with Thunderbird's old getup, maybe with a powerhouse body or something, and that AFX will be doing a Liefield X-Force set. They seem to be on a 90's kick right now, so it would make sense. Say what you will about the era, but it definitely produced some memorable costumes.