UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

To be absolutely honest "Thank God" they're delayed. I'm as disappointed as anybody else but my ol' wallet has taken a bloody pounding lately & I need to regroup. ;)

amen to that. I cant keep up. My wallet is also hurting let alone trying to keep track of whats:

1. Whats out

2. Whats coming out

3. What I have recently bought

4. What I dont want

my brain hurts too.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thing's head looks like the recent TRU release's head. I thought DST was going to go for a slip-cover head to hide the Ben Grimm head underneath. The trench coat Thing has the slip cover head, but no sunglasses. I hope they're included in the pack somewhere.

i could be crazy but i have an theory.

look at the package for spidey and lizard, look at lizards name, it says silver age lizard.

now to me all versions of lizard look pretty much the same, but could this be an excuse to make another lizard later on simply called "lizard?

again i could be(and probably am) crazy, but it does make sence doesnt it?

Looking at Thing's head in comparison to his body ,they appear to be significantly different colours.

It looks like Thing will have the same mis-matching color issue like the TRU version (hopefully not as bad).

I wish they would stop using the black-wash on the Thing figures. They can't apply it to the face so it never will match.

Rest of the wave is lookin good.

the Thing we saw in those NYCC (?) pics was a huge improvement on the original prototype pictures, and sculpted parts seemed to 'flow' much more. This final, in package figure seems to be the exact same design as that one, except the NYCC one's colours all seemed to match perfectly... its a shame the head is now off colour again in the final, err... Thing. The headpiece still sits a little high as well, hopefully this can be modified easily. The picture on the back of the box is absolutely perfect to me.

I did bring up that point about The Lizard earlier in this thread, that the 'modern' look is somewhat different, and may justify another figure, hopefully that'd result in both sculpted/non-sculpted camps being happy.

overall, yeah... pleased with these, when can I have them?

Why does Professor X have a giant prune on his lap?

Looking at Thing through the plastic window, there is a lot more wash left on his chest than there is on the pictured version on the back of the box. Hope it doesn't make him look dirty.

Why does Professor X have a giant prune on his lap?

Looking at Thing through the plastic window, there is a lot more wash left on his chest than there is on the pictured version on the back of the box. Hope it doesn't make him look dirty.

A lot of people hate the bloody prune/blanket, myself included. Hopefully, it won't be too hard to remove.

Speaking of the poor paint jobs, that seems to be happening more often. I think I first saw noticed the problem on pictures of Black Cat from the Spider-friends and foes box set (which I didn't get). I wonder if this is some cost-saving process that is causing this. If you run your finger over some of the newer minimates, it even feels slightly different.

Has anyone noticed how even some of the faces have a matte finish now? (example: compare the Jim Lee Jean Grey's face to a classic Phoenix face)

Man, that jacket looks a bit bulky on Xavier. i REALLY hope that there is a Safari suit tampo on the base-block underneath.

That IS what's happening in this picture, right?

IMG_7484__scaled_600.jpg

pretty sure it is, but still... isn't it the wrong colour? Just plain arms as well, no rolled up sleeves either, which is a shame. I've had this body sitting around for a few weeks now, he's just waiting patiently for his new head and chair...

EDIT - both the arms are modified from Rogues (with the 'X' logo)

DSC00581.jpg

Edited by bobafett

Yeah - i'm worried he wont come with spare arms featuring rolled up sleeves.

Was hoping to use the WWII Wolverine arms on this one, but the colours might not quite match . . .

fig0810f2lg.jpg

Still - guess i could use the whole torso and have a slightly hairy Xavier. Lord knows i don't need 2 WWII Wolverines on display!

(Image courtesy of Ivan - www.minimatedatabase.com)

EDIT: It could work. . . sorta . . . post-2737-1289782931_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nessex

That's a real shame about the Spidey head switch. The one shown in the prototype pics was my favorite.

I also wish the Thing's head matched the other parts. That's a real disappointment that they don't. I was actually fond of the fully sculpted lookin' head on the prototype images shown way back when.

That Lizard is perfect and the Trenchcoat Thing is the one I've hoped we'd get all along. Spot damned on.

I really hope we get these before Christmas. Heck, I really wish we got 'em before Thanksgiving!

Notice the variant Thing shot from the side... his face is still sculpted with rocky-ness. This, then, will be THE one to get!

Edited by Mystery Man